MegaPixel

One Incident at a time?

Apologies if this isn't in the right topic, I wasn't really sure what it'd go under. I've also had a look around the forum, and search option but couldn't seem to find anything that could help us.

Me and a friend of mine often enjoy playing EM4 [With mods such as LA, Harbour, etc]; but we've recently got put off by the fact we can never put in a "realistic" amount of detail into one scenario, without having to rush to another incident. Is there a way, and if possible; how? to make it so on multiplayer (With LA Mod, Harbor mod etc) so that one one Incident will occur at a time?

We enjoy game-play where we can focus on one thing to put in lots of effort into it. 

Thanks!

You can try editing the xml files in the Specs folder such as fp_params_endless_mp.xml or fp_params_challenge_mp.xml.

This tutorial will walk you through editing them: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/14-how-to-edit-your-freeplay-files/ 

You can increase to make events less frequent and allow longer responses:

<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "60.0" />

<MaxIdleDuration value = "17.0" />

<InitialEventWaitDuration value="8.0"/>

I usually use:

<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "400.0" />

<MaxIdleDuration value = "100.0" />

<InitialEventWaitDuration value="100.0"/>

Both you and your friend will need identical files to work I believe, and I'd make copies of the original in case the edits affect your game in a negative way. I've never edited multiplayer files before, only single player.

You can try editing the xml files in the Specs folder such as fp_params_endless_mp.xml or fp_params_challenge_mp.xml.

This tutorial will walk you through editing them: http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/14-how-to-edit-your-freeplay-files/ 

You can increase to make events less frequent and allow longer responses:

<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "60.0" />

<MaxIdleDuration value = "17.0" />

<InitialEventWaitDuration value="8.0"/>

I usually use:

<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "400.0" />

<MaxIdleDuration value = "100.0" />

<InitialEventWaitDuration value="100.0"/>

Both you and your friend will need identical files to work I believe, and I'd make copies of the original in case the edits affect your game in a negative way. I've never edited multiplayer files before, only single player.

Awesome! Thanks alot!

Definitely going to help us add a bit more of a 'realism' kind of element too it. :3

Awesome! Thanks alot!

Definitely going to help us add a bit more of a 'realism' kind of element too it. :3

No problem, does it work with multiplayer?