ResponderJayy

911: First Responders won't work. Won't start up.

i have 911:first responders and when i try to run the game i get a message saying that vision71.dll is not found and that i should try to reinstall the game, but i bought the game over a year ago on Atari.com and i dont know how to reinstall it without havaing to buy another game. it worked perfectly until now. please help me with this. i would really appreciate it. 

Do you still have all of your original license codes from atari? I think you need order number and original serial #. If you have those items. Please search my old posts. A few years ago i posted a link to the digital river customer service page that you can get the manual unlock code from to reinstall the game once the original serial has been used. Im on my phone on tapatalk at moment or i would link you right too it.

Do you still have all of your original license codes from atari? I think you need order number and original serial #. If you have those items. Please search my old posts. A few years ago i posted a link to the digital river customer service page that you can get the manual unlock code from to reinstall the game once the original serial has been used. Im on my phone on tapatalk at moment or i would link you right too it.

Can you link me to that?

Did you change or update your operating system to a new version or something like that?

What do you mean?

Can you link me to that?

Unfortunately, no I can't I am 100% limited to posting from my cell phone via tapatalk due to a slip and fall, severe knee injury. Maybe in a few days I can get down to basement on my main computer. I believe I still have the link saved there. Try to search for it, if absolutely no luck. Shoot me a pm and I'll try to check my other computer once I know I have enough strength in my knee to handle going down a flight of steps.

Well normally changing operating systems is something the user of the computer does, going from like xp to vista, vista to windows 7 or windows 7 to windows 8 could make the registry go kaput for installed apps... Likewise, say you restored the system to a previous setup, like rolling it back to factory condition for example on a laptop would mess with the registry.  Chances are you have a registry issue that is making the dll not found if the game worked previously for you on this machine and now is not.

Well normally changing operating systems is something the user of the computer does, going from like xp to vista, vista to windows 7 or windows 7 to windows 8 could make the registry go kaput for installed apps... Likewise, say you restored the system to a previous setup, like rolling it back to factory condition for example on a laptop would mess with the registry.  Chances are you have a registry issue that is making the dll not found if the game worked previously for you on this machine and now is not.

And is there nothing I can do?

Unfortunately, no I can't I am 100% limited to posting from my cell phone via tapatalk due to a slip and fall, severe knee injury. Maybe in a few days I can get down to basement on my main computer. I believe I still have the link saved there. Try to search for it, if absolutely no luck. Shoot me a pm and I'll try to check my other computer once I know I have enough strength in my knee to handle going down a flight of steps.

I can't find it.

Well first i need to know if you restored your computer and/or upgraded to a newer operating system to tell you if that is indeed what is going on.

Yes, i tried too and no luck. I think it may have gotten lost in one of the server moves. It will be a few days due to my injury but i'll reply back once i can find the link. Fyi, the part im talking about will fix the securom security issue you will run into on reinstall. We still gotta fix the .dll issue which may or may not be resolved on the full reinstall of the game.

Yes, i tried too and no luck. I think it may have gotten lost in one of the server moves. It will be a few days due to my injury but i'll reply back once i can find the link. Fyi, the part im talking about will fix the securom security issue you will run into on reinstall. We still gotta fix the .dll issue which may or may not be resolved on the full reinstall of the game.

Ok thx.

Well first i need to know if you restored your computer and/or upgraded to a newer operating system to tell you if that is indeed what is going on.

I restored my computer a few days ago.

That'd be why, when you did the system restore it reset your registry so the values for EM4 are missing in the registry so it cannot find the dll because the install directory is missing... Unfortunately I'm willing to bank I do not have the same OS so my registry is setup different than yours.. What version of windows are you running?  and is it 32 or 64 bit.

That'd be why, when you did the system restore it reset your registry so the values for EM4 are missing in the registry so it cannot find the dll because the install directory is missing... Unfortunately I'm willing to bank I do not have the same OS so my registry is setup different than yours.. What version of windows are you running?  and is it 32 or 64 bit.

I got it back and running. Thank you guys. I really appreciate your guys help.

Here is the Link I promised. 

http://www.siliconrealms.com/securerom/customerservice.php

You must follow the instructions and have all the info exactly as it was sent to you when you bought 911: First Responders.  within 24 hours. (usually MUCH sooner) You will be emailed the manual unlock code to be able to reinstall your game.