nbrown8568

Baltimore City Submod [WIP]

Starting to work on my private submod Baltimore City, it is based on the Xplorer 4x4 mod. It will comprise of Baltimore City, Baltimore County and State of Maryland units.

Some of the units are actual units and some are units that will be depicted with models that are available to me, as I can not do 3D models (yet).

Baltimore City Units:

• Baltimore City Police
  • Baltimore City Fire Department
  • Baltimore City Department of Public Works
  • Maryland Transportation Authority (Port Police)

Baltimore County Units:

• Baltimore County Police
  • Baltimore County Fire Department

Maryland Units:

• Maryland State Trooper

Even thought I have no scripting skill I will attempt to add new feature to the mod. For those that have

made mods/submods for the game, I may at do a shoutout if I get stuck.

Eventually I will try to get this released so that everyone can enjoy it. 

Here is my Crown Vic. Gonna do mostly reskins.

Will post more as I go. Slowly learning.

EM4 2014-06-10 21-09-36-47.jpg

BCPD 2000 Crown Vic.jpg

Edited by nbrown8568
Updated First Post
  • Upvote 1

How do you believe most sub-mods/mods in general end up becoming public release?  Alot of people posted their WIPs and in turn were able to generate a buzz about them to A.Keep them motivated to keep working at it, which is really hard when you consider the sheer work involved in a mod in this game.  B. Generated enough interest to make it much easier to get the permissions required to use the items included in their mod.

This site is about sharing your work, not all of it has to be available to the masses in order to be allowed here =)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How do you believe most sub-mods/mods in general end up becoming public release?  Alot of people posted their WIPs and in turn were able to generate a buzz about them to A.Keep them motivated to keep working at it, which is really hard when you consider the sheer work involved in a mod in this game.  B. Generated enough interest to make it much easier to get the permissions required to use the items included in their mod.

This site is about sharing your work, not all of it has to be available to the masses in order to be allowed here =)

THIS!

• Upvote 1

The grey looks accurate however in the game the lighting tends to make things look alil brighter than they are on the skin so you may have to darken it a bit to compensate for that. :(

Unfortunately on md state police, the olive isnt photogenic, 2 pics of the exact same car will result in different colors of olive, that color for whatever reason shifts depending on light and can go from puke green to a very brown olive..  Its one of those things with the state cars.

Hey itchboy, there are no problems with any of your models. I want to give you a huge thanks for your models. The Md State Trooper is one of yours. The Chevy Suburban is bama's, I'm not having a problem with the model. The problem I'm having is the uv mapping. Maybe after I post the photo, someone can help out.

Here are BCPD Chevy Caprice, BCPD Chevy Impala, BCFD Chevy Suburban EMS 4 (UV Mapping Incomplete. right side was a cut and paste and flipped before adding shield. I does not look good, and stripe on front fenders need to be added.) Chevy Suburban model file has a glitch, there are 2 side mirrors as if there are 2 models that merged.

BCPD Crown Vic on YouTube

Norm,

post-35523-0-99036800-1407192773_thumb.j

post-35523-0-07070100-1407192786_thumb.j

post-35523-0-89327200-1407192801_thumb.j

post-35523-0-97559200-1407193200_thumb.j

Tow Truck/Rollback is now staffed by an engineer, ingame and working,

Baltimore County Chevy Suburban courtesy of itchboy. I will be working

on the BCFD EMS 4 Suburban shortly.

Norm,

post-35523-0-73718200-1409272675_thumb.p

post-35523-0-31134300-1409272750_thumb.p