THVFD

River Falls Mod (Fictional) (Private)

On 3/2/2017 at 0:50 PM, THVFD said:

Hi all been quit some time. Just so you know the mod is not dead it is still being worked on and progressing greatly we are just keeping everything a secret.

To Start things off you all are going to see lots of goodies. To start things off here is a image of a reworked UMFD Engine

That midmount pierce is awesome!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, armyconrad said:

Will there be any Kentucky Division of Forestry brush trucks? 

we dont really have many of those around here with the exception of the mammouth cave national park wildland engine, the only time i have ever seen them was on a special call by my volly FD at a field fire

On 8/20/2017 at 11:58 PM, THVFD said:

we dont really have many of those around here with the exception of the mammouth cave national park wildland engine, the only time i have ever seen them was on a special call by my volly FD at a field fire

We have a few in our county (which is roughly north of yours), but they aren't used super often. They are cross staffed by the paid units or staffed by volunteers. We have 1 Kentucky Division of Forestry brush truck, but it is owned and operated by the head park ranger of a forest.

[1]***Disclaimer*** I am not asking about a release date.[1]

I am however curious what the purpose of this post is outside of boasting a beautiful modification? Is the intention to guide this modification into a public release at some point in time[1] ? If so, I'm excited to see this project continue to grow and become a great product. If not, I think it's safe to say that we can all appreciate the work that has been put into this very obviously well-made modification so far, however I don't see the point in essentially posting a brag thread around it. 

My intention isn't to hurt anyone's feelings or offend any forum rules here, just asking a curious question.

Thank you,

Olympus1492

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Olympus1492 said:

[1]***Disclaimer*** I am not asking about a release date.[1]

I am however curious what the purpose of this post is outside of boasting a beautiful modification? Is the intention to guide this modification into a public release at some point in time[1] ? If so, I'm excited to see this project continue to grow and become a great product. If not, I think it's safe to say that we can all appreciate the work that has been put into this very obviously well-made modification so far, however I don't see the point in essentially posting a brag thread around it. 

My intention isn't to hurt anyone's feelings or offend any forum rules here, just asking a curious question.

Thank you,

Olympus1492

Going by the rules, there is nothing that says they aren't allowed to post a private show-off thread. Everything checks out in here. There is a clear marker on the topic title, all of the content shown has credits, THVFD has been responsive to credit change requests, and people in here have been civil about their discussions.

On the other hand, if anybody posts other people's content and then claim it to be their own, thats where moderators step in. I have not seen anything  of that sort in here so we have no reason to take action against this post.

You dont have to worry about offending anyone. There are no rules about offending anyone either.

• Upvote 1

Today i will be showing everyone a long awaited post to show everyone that the mod is not been forgotten and is still continuing development until the mod team and myself feel as it is completed.

Today i show a long awaited Video of the new or overhauled River Falls Engines for the River Falls Mod For Emergency 4/ 911 First Responders. You Also get a Sneak Peak at some of the recent map work that Itchboy and Myself have put into the mod.

Credits

RFFD Engine 1, Reaper, THVFD

RFFD Engine 2, MikeyPi, Reaper, THVFD

RFFD Engine 3, Reaper, THVFD

RFFD Engine 4, Reaper, Itchboy, THVFD

River Falls Hospital Model, THVFD

River Falls Map Texture, THVFD, Fire Dept. Boston

The Song in the background, AC/DC ThunderStruck

• Upvote 1

when will this  modification be put into public  i am really  been looking for many years  of my life to find a good  working modification that can blow my mind and keep me playing  this emergency 4 pc game so far  for many years i have seen great  modifications and yet  none of them have been released  and its  sad to see them only remaining  private however  i am dying to get a new modification so please release it to public please and thank you 

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2019 at 6:32 PM, matthew221996 said:

when will this  modification be put into public  i am really  been looking for many years  of my life to find a good  working modification that can blow my mind and keep me playing  this emergency 4 pc game so far  for many years i have seen great  modifications and yet  none of them have been released  and its  sad to see them only remaining  private however  i am dying to get a new modification so please release it to public please and thank you 

Hey bro, just letting you know that asking for release dates is against the rules. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, IvaVPK said:

After seeing few gameplay videos i gotta say guys, very nice job, map and everything looks fantastic. It would be nice if you guys make public release some nice day. Keep it up. 

Thank you it is a lot of hard work, Dedication, and willingness to learn. There is a saying you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. That saying is vary true and holds many forms without a willingness to learn it is impossible to succeed. Perhaps there will be some more updates on this page for everyone to see it. 

• Upvote 2

These threads make me laugh cause mods/devs get frustrated with people asking for relsease dates or asking if it will be taken out of (private) mode?

What do they think is going to happen when all people read is continuous updates on how awesome "this private mod" is on a public forum of an outdated game? I could understand if there was a whitelisted community or an actual excuse for choosing to keep the mod private but if you are dangling something over peoples heads for no particular reason then I'd expect the backlash.

Frankly I see it as a scummy thing to do considering most people I knew in 2012 have moved on but the people that chose to comeback have nothing new, fresh or exciting to look forward to. I'd assume most people that look forward to the updates on this page are "private members" that have access to the mod?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 13
  • Downvote 5

On 11/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Todd15 said:

These threads make me laugh cause mods/devs get frustrated with people asking for relsease dates or asking if it will be taken out of (private) mode?

What do they think is going to happen when all people read is continuous updates on how awesome "this private mod" is on a public forum of an outdated game? I could understand if there was a whitelisted community or an actual excuse for choosing to keep the mod private but if you are dangling something over peoples heads for no particular reason then I'd expect the backlash.

Frankly I see it as a scummy thing to do considering most people I knew in 2012 have moved on but the people that chose to comeback have nothing new, fresh or exciting to look forward to. I'd assume most people that look forward to the updates on this page are "private members" that have access to the mod?

we wish.

• Downvote 1

I've been keeping an eye on this mod and after watching TheNorthernAlex's video i just gotta say, this looks amazing. I can tell lots of hard work has gone into this mod. I didn't really realize how much time and effort went into modding till i started working on my own mod. I defiantly have a new respect for people like you, itch, ans socom. I hope to be able to make a mod as good as this looks one day. Most of these people wouldn't throw so much hate your way if they knew what went into modding. Can't wait to see more updates. Keep up the good work!