itchboy

Itchboy's Model Works

Very very nice, keep up the good work.

p.s. a 2014 and 2006 Dodge Charger to scale with the rest of the civil cars would be a great addition (the one in most mods currently is too small in comparison and looks weak haha)

Ive already made an HD texture for the LA Mod Charger. I think it would need to be scaled up to complete the 2006 Charger. As for the 2014 one, I don't think it would be possible to recreate it because its shape is different from the 2006 model. Someone would have to get the Charger from the Montana Mod.

uvMU94h.png

Also, I plan on releasing separately a few cars with complete interiors to be used as bases for emergency vehicles.

So far, I've done the Ford Expedition - the Explorer's bigger; more expensive, nicer looking big brother because I was already working on reducing its polygons.

6XKrzQx.png

AZEMw6f.png

tIN2ai3.png

XTq6kh4.png

Ive already made an HD texture for the LA Mod Charger. I think it would need to be scaled up to complete the 2006 Charger. As for the 2014 one, I don't think it would be possible to recreate it because its shape is different from the 2006 model. Someone would have to get the Charger from the Montana Mod.

Also, I plan on releasing separately a few cars with complete interiors to be used as bases for emergency vehicles.

So far, I've done the Ford Expedition - the Explorer's bigger; more expensive, nicer looking big brother because I was already working on reducing its polygons.

Yeah just make sure the charger is to the same scale because they're like standard em4 size in most cases, which looks pretty lame compared to the crown vics etc :)

The problem is that every mod uses different scaling, but as a general rule you use a constant in the game IE a fire engine or an ambulance, from the mod that you intend to replace, I prefer ambulances because they have a standard cab from some real-world vehicle, that vehicle's scale (assuming it is correct) will correlate to any and all traffic vehicles you add into the game.  The reality most people forget about is that perspective applies even in real life to a vehicle, so while it doesnt seem right sometimes the size of a vehicle is massively different than you think by seeing it.

2006 Dodge Charger

Length:200.1 Inches

Width: 74.5 Inches

Height: 58.2 Inches

2006 Ford Crown Victoria:

L: 212 Inches

W: 78.3 Inches

H: 65.6 Inches

As you can see a Vic is larger than a charger in every possible way, but most people by the look/stance of a charger assume it is larger than a crown victoria, in reality it is not.  The problem lies in the percieved appearance of a car making your mind believe things that factually don't happen.  So you have to google the dimensions of the particular car vs a car you've gotten scaled correctly, and adjust accordingly.

The problem is that every mod uses different scaling, but as a general rule you use a constant in the game IE a fire engine or an ambulance, from the mod that you intend to replace, I prefer ambulances because they have a standard cab from some real-world vehicle, that vehicle's scale (assuming it is correct) will correlate to any and all traffic vehicles you add into the game.  The reality most people forget about is that perspective applies even in real life to a vehicle, so while it doesnt seem right sometimes the size of a vehicle is massively different than you think by seeing it.

2006 Dodge Charger

Length:200.1 Inches

Width: 74.5 Inches

Height: 58.2 Inches

2006 Ford Crown Victoria:

L: 212 Inches

W: 78.3 Inches

H: 65.6 Inches

As you can see a Vic is larger than a charger in every possible way, but most people by the look/stance of a charger assume it is larger than a crown victoria, in reality it is not.  The problem lies in the percieved appearance of a car making your mind believe things that factually don't happen.  So you have to google the dimensions of the particular car vs a car you've gotten scaled correctly, and adjust accordingly.

Yep I'm also a big fan of keeping everything to scale, I'm aware the charger is no way near as big as the crown vic, but it's still bigger than most people have made it -

112_0704_02z+police_car_comparison+front

Cop-Car-Shootout-group-shot.jpg

Nnico's crown vic and impala have been rolled out as stock across the mods but the dodge has stayed to a similar scale as the LA mod, which used a smaller scale, so in essence it's a scale down thats all I was getting at ;) would just be nice to see a dodge done with the correct scale to other units common in mods

x

Sorry for the repeat post but some extra suggestions from me, just general trucks that would be useful in American mods
img_8059.jpg
3153869860_1_2_ROHoWtdv.jpg
orew900l_2.jpg
truck.JPG > Image wont load but a garbage truck haha

Just food for thought but I think vehicles like these would give a diverse city feel to a lot of mods

x

the School bus is on my list =) 18 wheelers not so much since trailers are evil anyway and they can only really be parked everywhere, box trucks yes.

the School bus is on my list =) 18 wheelers not so much since trailers are evil anyway and they can only really be parked everywhere, box trucks yes.

I had them running on highways for a while, and main north to south style roads, just one big model no trailer logic :) but yeah I can understand the preference.

But yep I think just general stuff like that would be an excellent starting point for a lot of people in terms of setting the scene and avoiding a few american units still in a german town and cars ahah

Yep I'm also a big fan of keeping everything to scale, I'm aware the charger is no way near as big as the crown vic, but it's still bigger than most people have made it -

Nnico's crown vic and impala have been rolled out as stock across the mods but the dodge has stayed to a similar scale as the LA mod, which used a smaller scale, so in essence it's a scale down thats all I was getting at ;) would just be nice to see a dodge done with the correct scale to other units common in mods

x

Well....this is a bit of an issue for me since I'm the first person here to do the new Taurus, Explorer and Caprice. Does this seem correct to you or should I pull out the files and modify them?

uGVPFdZ.png

At the moment, I am focusing on completely replacing the 32 civil cars. Trucks and busses would come at a later time. All this work is becoming quite a challenge doing it on my own. This is compounded by the fact that I have personally never seen most of these vehicles IRL, so I dont have a good idea of how they look apart from Google.

Well. The CV is 212 inches long, the Taurus about 202, Caprice is 204 and the Utility is 196. From what I can see, the CV is the longest,a s it should be, BUT, the utility is too long. It should in theory be about a foot and a half shorter than the CV. The caprice and the Taurus look about the right length though, give or take an inch. 

But yeah, the utility is apparently only 196, I didn't believe it either, but it is. 

I work with a lot of these vehicles on a fairly regular basis, so if you need measurements, or just comparative viewings, shoot me a PM, and I'll see if I can't help you out along the way

Well....this is a bit of an issue for me since I'm the first person here to do the new Taurus, Explorer and Caprice. Does this seem correct to you or should I pull out the files and modify them?

uGVPFdZ.png

At the moment, I am focusing on completely replacing the 32 civil cars. Trucks and busses would come at a later time. All this work is becoming quite a challenge doing it on my own. This is compounded by the fact that I have personally never seen most of these vehicles IRL, so I dont have a good idea of how they look apart from Google.

That scale looks perfect, I'd love to see how the DC would fit into that scale :) and yeah you have pretty much done this solo, obviously if I were free and good enough at 3D modelling I'd lend a hand, but hopefully you'll get some help soon :) anyway keep it up, I'm awaiting updates with eagerness I've not felt since before I started modding!

x

Well. The CV is 212 inches long, the Taurus about 202, Caprice is 204 and the Utility is 196. From what I can see, the CV is the longest,a s it should be, BUT, the utility is too long. It should in theory be about a foot and a half shorter than the CV. The caprice and the Taurus look about the right length though, give or take an inch. 

But yeah, the utility is apparently only 196, I didn't believe it either, but it is. 

I work with a lot of these vehicles on a fairly regular basis, so if you need measurements, or just comparative viewings, shoot me a PM, and I'll see if I can't help you out along the way

So that's why the Explorer always seemed a bit too fat on the side. Im going to have to take down the download and put it back up again...

Your a moderator right? Can you put the files up (including the Caprice) as soon as possible so that there is no inconvinience to modders who want to dowload the models?

But, I just realized that the model has been downloaded by many people already and some major mods such as RCMP and Manhattan Mod use the model. I think it would be inconvinient for everybody if they had to change their lights and doors again.

I am a mod and I can approve files. I generally tell people if they upload something and need it approved relatively quickly, as opposed to my daily file audits, shoot me a PM when you upload it, new conversations send me an email, so I can pop on usually within the hour if not sooner and fix it. 

As for the adjustment of lights and doors, although it may be a short pain, it'll make for a better looking mod in the long run

For scale it was pretty close,I just adjusted the vehicle ride height on the utility and sedan version compared to the above pictures.

It would be cool if someone also gave out free to use lightbars and parts. It would be like a starter kit for mod developers. This civil car pack is also intended as that. It provides developers with a set of cars which can be used as traffic or ingame units.

It would be cool if someone also gave out free to use lightbars and parts. It would be like a starter kit for mod developers. This civil car pack is also intended as that. It provides developers with a set of cars which can be used as traffic or ingame units.

I made a Vision SLR Lightbar that NYPD & FDNY Use. I might make some more as it was pretty simple and enjoyable. 

mG6TB7v.png
k3iWGTI.png

i have a model that i took from one of helljumpers models he released i uv mapped it with a texture from manhattan mod with slight edits as long as the manhattan mod team dont care i'll gladly provide it