itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

Personally, I'd go for the blue stripe "Field Operations" livery. 

There's probably no real difference between the two, but I'd think the green Border Patrol units probably stick near the actual border, which LA is a bit far from.

Is the only difference the color of the stripe? If so, then I think I will change it to be accurate.

Text and stripe color, and it says "Field Operations" instead of "Border Patrol" on the side, and no text on the rear other than some numbering.

How do you like it now.

bj1ZFaM.png

I have included both blue and green versions in the package.

Released btw.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/18974-new-la-mod-vehicles-released/?p=277757

Can anyone give me info on the CalTrans Van and two towtrucks used in LA?

Looks great. Any changes to other vehicles since the last release?

Here's a good selection for CalTrans.

No changes except the Border Patrol vehicles.

I now have a decision to make. Which vehicle should I do? The mod calls it a CalTrans van, but having it as a pickup truck wouldn't be too bad either..hmmm.

• Dodge Ram
  • Ford E Series
  • Ford F350

I've no preference for it, but you could just stick with an Econo.

Some tow truck stuff.

LAPD Flatbed

4034341504_18d4990baf_s.jpg

Wolf's Towing Flatbed

4388532487_7c1b93fb5e_s.jpg

There's also Keystone Towing, which is apparently connected to the "Official Police Garage". Their site has a list of companies that do work for them.

I found several towtrucks I could make in those photos:

• GMC Topkick rollback
  • Ford F350 tow truck
  • International rollback

Maybe I could do all three. I will see if my time allows me to.

If you're soliciting votes for CalTrans, I say make the Ford, I prefer Fords to Dodge and you're seeing more and more superduty's used in fleet roles for stuff like this.

Also, don't know if you've figured it out yet, but is there a way to make either a flip up or permanently up arrow board for the truck? You seem them on highway trucks a fair amount, because their visible from such a distance.

If you're soliciting votes for CalTrans, I say make the Ford, I prefer Fords to Dodge and you're seeing more and more superduty's used in fleet roles for stuff like this.

Also, don't know if you've figured it out yet, but is there a way to make either a flip up or permanently up arrow board for the truck? You seem them on highway trucks a fair amount, because their visible from such a distance.

There are a few available for download on the German Forums.

If you want me to make an American one, some pictures would be necessary.

My idea is that maybe I could have the CalTrans vehicle be able to tow this arrow board. Won't be too hard since there is already a trailer script in the LA Mod.

Sure, I'll see if I can get you some while I'm working this week. Fair number around Toronto, both city and provincial trucks. I have some of Toronto Police cars with big flip up arrow boards, they're used on the highways for greater visibility, but don't have any utility truck ones yet, only one or two of one involved in a collision at an accident scene.

Trailer would be neat, I'm guessing you'll add the redirect command to the trailer, so you could turn it on and off?

Sure, I'll see if I can get you some while I'm working this week. Fair number around Toronto, both city and provincial trucks. I have some of Toronto Police cars with big flip up arrow boards, they're used on the highways for greater visibility, but don't have any utility truck ones yet, only one or two of one involved in a collision at an accident scene.

Trailer would be neat, I'm guessing you'll add the redirect command to the trailer, so you could turn it on and off?

Yes I will plan on adding that.

Have you thought about making the LA Park Tender? With the limited water supply script in more and more mods it would be a realistic tender/tanker for folks with the LA mod.

I wanted to do the tanker LAFD use but I would have to model it from nothing. I have no specifics on what it is, and no reference photos for every side of the vehicle.

WaterTender007.jpg

Got no time either. I understand the need of having tankers because I have the Limited Water script in my personal LA Mod.

How'd you implement it into your personal LA Mod?

METHOD #1

1. Install vehicles like I instructed
  2. Make unit.xml's for them
  3. Edit freeplaybase.xml for them
  4. Edit portraits.xml for them
  5. Edit infotexts.xml and portraits.xml in the lang folder
  6. Make the unit icons for them

METHOD #2 - The one I use now

1. Install vehicles
  2. Edit portraits.xml for them
  3. Borrow the Random Car Spawn script from NYC Mod and script it to work in your game

No no...I'm sorry, I should have specified.  How did you implement the Limited Water Supply Mod into the LA Mod?

Follow Hoppah's readme. Lots of trial and error. Luck, skill and moderate scripting knowledge are requiered. You also need to set up a lot of child objects for every fire engine in the mod.