itchboy

Los Angeles Mod Vehicle Set [STOPPED]

But there is a European Civil Car pack. Its called the Civil Cars Cooperation and thats where I got the idea to start this from. But my mod has a huge difference. The CCC is a compilation of cars from many authors from the German modding scene. My mod is a collection of cars converted by me into the game with their unnecessary parts removed by me. The textures and mapping for all cars were scratch made by me.

Hey Itch, so I installed your cars as you said in the read.me by just dragging in, so in the models folder there is one named Chevrolet, same in prototypes.  So I made a car using the Caprice.  I added lights, a lightbar and reskinned it.  I then proceeded to make a prototype of the unit with the editor as I learned in Hoppah's adding a vehicle tutorial.  Then, I made a units folder and added the new Prototype, named APDcaprice, to the freeplaybase to make it available in freeplay.  So now when I go to freeplay it is available to spawn, model previews totally fine and everything but then when I try to spawn it the car never spawns onto the map.  Is there a way to tell it to spawn the same place as the other police vehicles?  Could it be because its not in the police model folder?  I'm at a loss, any help is appreciated, thanks again!

In the editor, check the Traits of the vehicle, click the Taskforce Vehicle Type list, and make sure "Police Stw" is selected.

Sorry for the late reply...This is correct. If you don't assign a Vehicle Type to the car, it does not spawn. This is because the game uses a defined set of Spawn Points which are assigned to a certain vehicle type. So for example, Police STW spawns at a certain place, while Ambulance RTW spawns in another. The car you created does not spawn because the Vehicle Type is set to NoSquadCar by default and therefore the game does not know where to spawn it because it is not set as a playable unit that you own.

Sorry for the late reply...This is correct. If you don't assign a Vehicle Type to the car, it does not spawn. This is because the game uses a defined set of Spawn Points which are assigned to a certain vehicle type. So for example, Police STW spawns at a certain place, while Ambulance RTW spawns in another. The car you created does not spawn because the Vehicle Type is set to NoSquadCar by default and therefore the game does not know where to spawn it because it is not set as a playable unit that you own.

Fixed it thanks again!

Hey itchboy,

I have been messing around with the explorer and e450 ambulance, and i love them!

I have a question though, the back left side equipment is completely diamond plating, and I can't change it even with skinning or changing the .v3o file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Someone out there willing to whip up LAFD and maybe a few private company versions of itchboy's 350 and 450?

Also, is the Dodge set up with full doors like the new Fords or is it like the original ALS model?

It doesnt have doors yet. Still working on doing that. Once I find the time...perhaps this weekend, I plan on doing ambulance versions of this Ram and the F Series trucks. I already have a rear ambulance box from my Ford ambulance so all I need to do are the doors and interiors.

Sorry for the late replies:

Itchboy, are you on a mod team? I'm sure someone would love it if you made vehicles for them. You're far too good to just be pumping out new cars willy-nilly like.

I am currently helping out part time in a few mods. Not really modelling jobs, mostly script related stuff. Apart from that, I dont want to overload myself with commitments here as I dont have time IRL.

Hey itchboy,

I have been messing around with the explorer and e450 ambulance, and i love them!

I have a question though, the back left side equipment is completely diamond plating, and I can't change it even with skinning or changing the .v3o file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A: Does the door have diamond plating when installed on the ambulance?

B: Or is it when you select the door from within the editor?

If B, ignore it. If A, post a screenshot and I will assist you.

A: Does the door have diamond plating when installed on the ambulance?

B: Or is it when you select the door from within the editor?

If B, ignore it. If A, post a screenshot and I will assist you.

I think they mean this:

2lbknyp.jpg

It shows up fine as the actual prototype, but in the Children screen I see the issue.