Xplorer4x4

[BETA July 21][WIP]Los Angeles Mod v2.0 4x4 W00ds Map v1

Just wanna say before I go to bed great work xplorer its a bit buggy but meh I love it :) well done

Thank you and yes it is a bit buggy for sure. I think the phrase buggy buy playable sums it up. You will find bugs but generally they are little things that won't crash the game. Feel free to post bugs but I think the team and I have them pretty well figured out. Maybe not though.

I want it without that betafly thing link, he just makes money from it, i got more and more the feeling he only wants to earn money with this,,,,

well he needs the money he's already talked about his situation and I think he should keep with ad fly so that he can try and get a better life for himself.

Also I know it might be alot to ask but would it be possible to have a bug list so far so that I don't give you loads that you already have?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well he needs the money he's already talked about his situation and I think he should keep with ad fly so that he can try and get a better life for himself.

Also I know it might be alot to ask but would it be possible to have a bug list so far so that I don't give you loads that you already have?.

I know, adfly isnt the worst thing, just an example, but to ask "hey i make a great mod, this game is from emergency 4 so lets ask 25 dollar/euro, and you get a beta version."  If you just ask for donations okay, but this is just some to far for me, and he is making money from a mod from em4, that also illigal. And than ask it in another topic, if i see this mod i think oh god, this donation topic.

Yes I do agree the pay for beta is a bit much. Like you said donations is ok so why not set up a page where if you donate you can have a copy kind of thing?

I was finally ablle to download it last night.  You have to stay on the download bar for it to work for some reason.  The mod is well done and enjoyable although very buggy.  I'm sure that Xplorer4x4 and his team are well aware of all the bugs so I won't list them here.  Like I said, well done and enjoyable to play.  Looking forward to the final release.  Keep up the good work!

I want it without that betafly thing link, he just makes money from it, i got more and more the feeling he only wants to earn money with this,,,,

As do many other modders(use add.ly on the site) but in won't single anyone out.

I know, adfly isnt the worst thing, just an example, but to ask "hey i make a great mod, this game is from emergency 4 so lets ask 25 dollar/euro, and you get a beta version." If you just ask for donations okay, but this is just some to far for me, and he is making money from a mod from em4, that also illigal. And than ask it in another topic, if i see this mod i think oh god, this donation topic.

The money helps support me to be able to develope the game.

My conditions:

Fibromyalgia

Carpal Tunnel

Arthritis in both knees and shoulders

Sprained or strained neck

Bulging disc in my back

Mild degenerative disc disease in my back

Am I forgetting anything???? Probably. I live of Neurotion and now switched to Lyrica, tylonel, advil, celexa(anxiety), and abilify(depression).

From the sounds of your comments I think you are old enough to recognize the phrase "if you enjoy what you do, you will never work a day in your life." Well I have been doing misc programing for a decade or so. Google my screen name. From forum software to websites to em4 modding. I have gotten one donation of $20 since I started modding for em4. I have made about $10 on 3 years off adf.ly bit then again the old mod has been mostly inactive for a long ass time. 3 years of my time is only worth $30 to people? So yes desperate tikes call for desperate measures. Try sleeping in your vehicle for 3 days and come talk to me about being homeless. At the present time my knees are so bad I can barley make the 4 block round trio to the dog park for my dog. If I wanted to be rich I would be doing something other then em4 modding focused on a niche audience. GTA is cool but my interest lies in first responders. Just today I pushed a little bit harder to chase down engine 1,batt chief and rescue 1 to see what was going on. I am a siren chaser but smart enough to keep a distance usually. I bore friends with details like how I knew engine 3 was on a medic run when they passed us because otherwise ladder 3 would have been with them and a batt chief ans maybe rescue 3.

Furthermore I am not charging anything. I am rewarding donators. I thought it over and am dropping the donation prices to $15USD for a single beta and $25 for lifetime access to the beta releases and the beta tester forum. Since I am asking for donations..not charging people, I am in the legal zone and I think Stan or some one spoke to Sixteen Tons directly about this and donations are just fine.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD Maxx using Tapatalk with Kitstalk ROM.

Hope that clears it up. Since the mobile skin is my default right now, and using taptalk, I can't edit posts. So excuse the double post and mods feel free to merge.<br />

<br />

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD Maxx using Tapatalk with Kitstalk ROM.<br />

<br />

Hey Xplorer every time I have downloaded, it was corrupted. I will try again later.

Norm,

Norm where do you get the error. During install? Loading the mod? If theater just ignore it but the problem is on your end. Clear your cache and cookies and make sure the file you download is the e4mod file and not the exe file.

Sent from my Droid RAZR HD Maxx using Tapatalk with Kitstalk ROM.

Ok will try when I get to a wifi connection. my phone as a hotspot is pushed to it's limits

when I download stuff.

Norm,

Generally the hotspot thing should not be an issue. A wifi connection isnt a bad idea but as long as you have a solid connection, you should be ok. Even if you were on dial up, as long as the connection stayed persistent, you should be fine. It would take ages on a dial up connection/speed but possible. Keep me posted though and we will try to find a solution.

If I switch over to Mega would people be willing to tolerate 2 url shortners for a 10 second delay, rather then 1/5 sec delay?  or something? What about a short survey or download an app first? Might throw another beta out there tonight if so. ;) Just trying to please the crowd while still trying to earn a little money. As i I said before if I actually got some small donations on a regular basis it would be different but right now I dont recieve any,btn_donate_SM.gif

Surveys just go to far, i think you should not push people to donate...

Not pushing just explaining why I am using adf.ly and such. The donate link is in my sig now so people have a clear easy way to donate. I am not being greedy, just trying to make a little income doing something I have put countless hours in to while stuck in a situation most people probably dont understand. Is that so wrong? As I said, I am trying to find a medium ground here. As the saying goes you cant please all the people all the time but you can please some of the people some of the time.

Oh and the adf.ly URL now redirects to mega rather then uploaded.net.

Please use fraps for screen shots. It is free to use I believe.

The white lights is because I forgot I use the "new coronas" mod. I will try to get a link to them later on.

Traffic wise, I could really use more feedback on this. The testers and I arent having traffic issues for the most part.

I used the standard and deluxe map  and i had to adjust most of the traffic lights but this was always an issue with this map. 

The only issue i have is the staffing for the ambulances that are spawned at the beginning they don't have a stretcher and the command for getting them one doesn't work. 

Do the traffic issues tend to build up after a certain amount of time? Maybe day light hours more then night time?

I used the standard and deluxe map  and i had to adjust most of the traffic lights but this was always an issue with this map. 

The only issue i have is the staffing for the ambulances that are spawned at the beginning they don't have a stretcher and the command for getting them one doesn't work.

Would you be able to PM me which lights you adjusted? How long? Etc?

The stretcher staff command should work fine. Is this at all or certain stations? I will get the patch for the ambos up soon I hope.

Great beta build here. I love the new vehicles. The only bug that particularly irked me was related to the call police backup script. I like to use this a lot but it sends the closest car even if it's empty or not on patrol. For example, I can get officers out a car, call for backup and their own car drives around them lol.

I think it may be due to the different patrol scripts you have set up (awesome btw!) which may be forgetting to remove the dummy commands from cars on patrol.