billyyank

Where do I install a new map?

I have tried everything I can think of to get the w00ds map installed into the game. The game still does not recognize the new map in free play. So, when you want to add a new map into free play, any new map, what folder does it go into?

I have already installed the map into the LA 2.1 mods folder and the mods map folder. Nothing works. Additionally, the map installer always says that the LA mod cannot be found, which is ludicrous because it's right there. I have no idea what's going on. Does somebody have an answer?

I reinstalled the la mod, then I moved the maps folder from the main game into the LA mod folder and installed the w00ds map into the la maps folder. Now the game won't start. I might have to reinstall the game now.

I know I did something wrong, but I'm not sure what. Which map folder do I move to the LA main folder? Do I replace any files?

Try moving a copy of your LA mod to your desktop then get the installation to install there, then just drag and drop the folder back into the Mods folder in the game directory. This is how I did it on mine.

-FFMeredith

(EDIT-16;45 [04/03/2014]) I had the trouble with the installer also, just put the whole LA mod folder onto the desktop and use that as the install location, how I got it to work on mine :)

Thank you for your reply. I tried that, and there is still no change. Josh41 pm'ed me and told me to replace the dfreeplay.dds and dfreeplay.e4m files in the mod maps folder with the same files from W00ds. There was still no change. So I replaced every file of those names in every folder that has to do with maps in both the mod folder and the main game with the files from W00ds. Still no change.

The W00ds installer says that it is compatible with version 2.0 of the LA mod, but I have version 2.1. Is that the problem? If it is, then I have no idea of how to get version 2.0. The W00ds installer inserts a new mod folder into the LA mod folder; this new folder contains another folder titled Los Angeles Mod v2.0. In that folder is another maps folder in which are the map files.

The W00ds map installer provides an option to install the completely new 1.1 map (which is the one I have been trying to install) and the modified older 1.3 map. Just to see if there was a difference I ran the installer choosing the 1.3 map. As I expected, there was no change.

Replacing every map file in the game with the new map files and seeing no difference at all suggests that I'm either doing something wrong, or there is no difference between the W00ds map and Hoppah's original LA freeplay map. I would like to think that I'm doing something wrong.

Please help me. I am at my wit's end. I have no idea where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated.