Voodoo_Operator

19-2 - New (canadian) cop show

Thought I'd tell you about 19-2, a new cop show that started last week on Bravo Canada (I highly doubt it's on the US Bravo as well, BUT there's a chance you can catch it online here - let me know in the comments if you're able to view it from the US or other countries).

The show is set and filmed in Montreal, and follows the lives of two veteran patrolmen and their colleagues of (fictional) station 19; the show's name refers to their squad car number. It's actually a remake of a French Canadian show of the same name that has been extremely popular and praised by critics over the past few years (season 2 of the French version has already ended some time ago and I'm eagerly awaiting season 3)

The show is (somewhat) more down to Earth and realistic than your average police procedural show. Don't expect gunfights or car chases - but don't worry, there are still plenty of tense moments.

So give it a shot and share your opinions below. Maybe we can discuss our impressions every once in a while - I could also discuss the differences with the French version if anyone is interested (although it's almost completely a shot-by-shot remake of the French version, there are some differences that you might find interesting).

19-2 is on Wednesdays at 9 PM Eastern on Bravo Canada. As mentioned above, you can also watch it on Bravo's website (although I'm not sure if they'll just keep the latest episodes on there, so catch the first one before it's too late!)

(Warning: graphic content and coarse language)

Nope, non viewable for the US.  :mad:

Guess that's Canada's revenge for all those US sites we can't view.  :laugh:

Seriously though, in this day and age, that really sucks... I'm not going to recommend anything illegal here, but I hope you can find a way to watch it somehow (just don't tell me how!).

If it's what you're describing, maybe it's kinda familiar to the Law and Order series.  It's fictional, but still filmed in New York City and has some pretty interesting cases, but it's not a drama like Chicago PD.  Law and Order SVU is probably my favorite cop show.