rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

"Paramedic's with stretcher" isn't able to enter an ambulance without holding a stretcher. (same as in Manhattan Mod).

Ambulances and rescue (squad or whatelse), stationed in the south-west (and further vehicles), don't have the option for speed control.

Yeah those guys aren't supposed to be able to enter without the stretcher or it messes up some of our scripts, just equip them with a stretcher and get in. You can always drop the stretcher if it's annoying and pick it back up when getting in again.

As for the Rescue it should have speed controls, there's a few off map units we forgot to add them to but it's definitely on the rescue.

Yeah those guys aren't supposed to be able to enter without the stretcher or it messes up some of our scripts, just equip them with a stretcher and get in. You can always drop the stretcher if it's annoying and pick it back up when getting in again.

As for the Rescue it should have speed controls, there's a few off map units we forgot to add them to but it's definitely on the rescue.

Rescue does not have speed controls.

I do not see that this has been mentioned but I found that when you have the Chauffeur place the Wye there is a Script error. You can clear the error and get back into the game, connect to the Wye and it works  but the Chauffeur disappears and you have to use one from another engine when the fire scene is cleared.

I finally found some workarounds to my station parking issues for the time being, but Engine 222 still pulls forward into the station for me...it's weird...

But besides that, I've finally had some time to just sit down and play this mod and it's really cool so far!  Just some little other issues I've noticed:

1. The lights on the unmarked NYPD Explorer are always on; I think whoever did them forgot to change them all to whatever you need to change them to (I forgot lol) so that they only come on when you activate flashing lights.

2.  I don't have the new towtruck animation...anyone else have it?

So i can safely say this game is absolutely awesome! have played it for hours without many issues but there are a couple. satellite 6 has the limited water script but cant be hooked up to anything, which this unit is crucial to put out fires in the sporadic inaccessible locations that pop up from time to time (possibly make this unit have to hook up to engine 207 for realism?). I have had issues with the chauffeur, either him loosing the ability to unhook the hose after a while of game play and as another member said the wye is bugged (it always has been since the LA mod) other than that i would like to see a few more major fires pop up, the tow truck and tac unit animations seem to be missing, and with all these parks i would like to see the pep patrol! all in all this is your best mod yet. cheers!

I finally found some workarounds to my station parking issues for the time being, but Engine 222 still pulls forward into the station for me...it's weird...

But besides that, I've finally had some time to just sit down and play this mod and it's really cool so far!  Just some little other issues I've noticed:

1. The lights on the unmarked NYPD Explorer are always on; I think whoever did them forgot to change them all to whatever you need to change them to (I forgot lol) so that they only come on when you activate flashing lights.

2.  I don't have the new towtruck animation...anyone else have it?

umsuv.zip

help!

ive downloaded this mod and have tried to play it for more than a few minutes but with no success. I keep crashing after a few minutes of play.

here are my specs if it helps:

Operating System: Windows 8

CPU: Intel I Core 3

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

So i can safely say this game is absolutely awesome! have played it for hours without many issues but there are a couple. satellite 6 has the limited water script but cant be hooked up to anything, which this unit is crucial to put out fires in the sporadic inaccessible locations that pop up from time to time (possibly make this unit have to hook up to engine 207 for realism?). I have had issues with the chauffeur, either him loosing the ability to unhook the hose after a while of game play and as another member said the wye is bugged (it always has been since the LA mod).

Hi, I only used the wye once and it worked fine for me (What is the know issue/s with the wye as I have never ecountered one?). Also regarding the chauffeur if he does loose the ability to unhook the hose between the hydrant and engine try using the equip bunker gear option which puts him into wearing shorts as this fixed the issue with me when I had it.

----------------------------

Another note on the chauffeur is when in a multiplayer session only the hosts can hook and disconnect engines to and from hydrants, clients can't (my above fix might solve the issue but never tried it for this scenario).

Hope this helps with something at least :P.

[...]

----------------------------

Another note on the chauffeur is when in a multiplayer session only the hosts can hook and disconnect engines to and from hydrants, clients can't (my above fix might solve the issue but never tried it for this scenario).

Hope this helps with something at least :P.

That's not right at all, I've been playing multiplayer being the client and I can perfectly attach and disattach hoses.

The only thing I found to solve this is:

In the scene, get all the firemans out of the truck and select the one which is different. Then get a hose and click the hidrant and the truck. That man do not use it until you're ready to go. Then disconnect the hose with the chauffeur by clicking on the engine. It's important that you connect the engine to the hydrant with the chauffeur, otherwise it won't work.

Hope this helps.

Enviado desde mi LG-E610v mediante Tapatalk

help!

ive downloaded this mod and have tried to play it for more than a few minutes but with no success. I keep crashing after a few minutes of play.

here are my specs if it helps:

Operating System: Windows 8

CPU: Intel I Core 3

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Guys someone help please. does anyone have a way i can play the game? ive updated my graphics card to the latest version so i know thats not it. Is there some sort of intel patch for the thing to make it run better? because i get horrible frames and i guess thats whats making me crash

That's not right at all, I've been playing multiplayer being the client and I can perfectly attach and disattach hoses.

The only thing I found to solve this is:

In the scene, get all the firemans out of the truck and select the one which is different. Then get a hose and click the hidrant and the truck. That man do not use it until you're ready to go. Then disconnect the hose with the chauffeur by clicking on the engine. It's important that you connect the engine to the hydrant with the chauffeur, otherwise it won't work.

Hope this helps.

Enviado desde mi LG-E610v mediante Tapatalk

Ahh that could have been it, I attached the hose hydrant to engine with a normal firefighter and then disconnected with the chauffeur and it turned my chauffeur into a normal firefighter :s, will make sure it is connected by the chauffeur only aswell then.

Ahh that could have been it, I attached the hose hydrant to engine with a normal firefighter and then disconnected with the chauffeur and it turned my chauffeur into a normal firefighter :s, will make sure it is connected by the chauffeur only aswell then.

Yeah this is fixed in the patch normal firefighters can no longer do it, there was a loop hole in the script that allowed you to do it

That's cool, also just a general query does the RAC Drink Water command replenish health or is it just an aesthetic touch?

That's one of a few scripts that were written but for whatever reason didn't come off properly they'll be looked at in the patch, we aim to make all support vehicles functional.

But yeah once it's properly set up it will replenish health yeah

Guys someone help please. does anyone have a way i can play the game? ive updated my graphics card to the latest version so i know thats not it. Is there some sort of intel patch for the thing to make it run better? because i get horrible frames and i guess thats whats making me crash

In one of the readme's in the mod file.
 This version is optimized for intel, however some users may experience crashing
after duration of playing, TO minimize this please update all drivers, we will
be releasing an additional patch for users experiencing this in the coming weeks.
To this point there has been no patch but it should be soon

I think that most issues don't need to be patched. I think that they are performance based issues. If you lower your graphics settings, or turn shadows off, or eliminate some of the smaller objects on the map, you should be fine.

When I first started playing, my biggest issues were the chauffer, the satellites and getting the crash into the building. By tweaking the game, I have eliminated the top 2. I ended up removing that accident in the editor. I was also able to make some parts of the map driveable. Particularly the area with the tanks that explode. I can now get my engines, trucks or satellite back in there. It wasn't hard to do once someone told me how to do it....

Give these guys a break and try to do some of this stuff yourselves. This has been by far their most stable version. I can play for hours with no issues. If you mess up the map, just reload the map. Simple. I have enjoyed hours upon hours of fun on this mod without a patch. I'm not saying that they shouldn't make one, but not having a patch doesn't mean that y'all can't play this great mod. Just learn how to fix some things.

the only problem I have is i don't have the new tow animations

They were removed due to the script not working fluidly with the animations, I'll take another look for the patch.

I've got a little bit of free time now, so hoping to finalise a patch, there's a few new goodies and a LOT of gameplay improvements, but I want to have this patch flawless so it will be extensively tested which takes time.

They were removed due to the script not working fluidly with the animations, I'll take another look for the patch.

I've got a little bit of free time now, so hoping to finalise a patch, there's a few new goodies and a LOT of gameplay improvements, but I want to have this patch flawless so it will be extensively tested which takes time.

Hopefully the patch won't have any new problems, it would be nice to play this mod as I have only played it few times and it crashes on me after 5 mins :( all my drivers etc are upto date and I'm running on Intel aswell, mind you it is a laptop I play on so that could explain the crashing with your mods, but I don't get it with others though... Its strange.