rafaelmfernandez

[RELEASED] Brooklyn "Borough of Fire" (BOF) Modification

To the 8 people who made a nice mess for me to  clean up, next time report the off topic don't continue the bantering on about it within the topic that it isnt about.

After playing this game since the launch, my initial observations haven't changed. Great mod! I have found that like the other installments, I have had to go into the editor and delete some things to make this game run better on my PC. I started with getting rid of a lot of the trash. I left some, but in areas where there were multiple trash bags, I would delete maybe half. I got rid of any steam generators too.

This game uses a lot of resources! My advice going forward is to find how to more efficiently utilize memory. My PC seems to work harder on this game than ARMA 3. To me, that's hard to understand.

Other than that, I have had very few issues.

After playing this game since the launch, my initial observations haven't changed. Great mod! I have found that like the other installments, I have had to go into the editor and delete some things to make this game run better on my PC. I started with getting rid of a lot of the trash. I left some, but in areas where there were multiple trash bags, I would delete maybe half. I got rid of any steam generators too.

This game uses a lot of resources! My advice going forward is to find how to more efficiently utilize memory. My PC seems to work harder on this game than ARMA 3. To me, that's hard to understand.

Other than that, I have had very few issues.

What would you recommend deleting if I CTD every 30 min or so? I have intel and I know the crashes were expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would delete anything that is using memory such as steam from the cement mixers or the small bugs that are flying around. If that us not enough, try some of the parked cars or some trees, trash, bikes, etc. I will say that I have not deleted much, but my game runs super smoothly now.....

I would delete anything that is using memory such as steam from the cement mixers or the small bugs that are flying around. If that us not enough, try some of the parked cars or some trees, trash, bikes, etc. I will say that I have not deleted much, but my game runs super smoothly now.....

Do you think that type of stuff would help with lag due to lighting radiation?

It did for me. My game runs much smoother across the board since I did this. I didn't have to delete a lot of stuff, and I didn't delete anything that was critical to gameplay. Just small things that I felt wouldn't affect the atmosphere of the game.

Thanks so much. I was gonna start deleting radiation, and who knows how long that would take haha

One question: How can I delete the steam? I've checked the properties and can't find anything.

Hum! I have to look at the radiation again for L111, E222.  I have tried to scale down the lights, compared to the older modes. I used less polys and reduced the light count by almost half on some of the units.   If you are running intel or you do not have at least 6 gigs ram a decent video card. The game will not preform that well sorry.    

A 6b ram is not required the mod was made on a 4gb ram system and tested across the board. The lights will be toned down in the coming patch to ease lag but our LoD on map is what gives the mod atmosphere, small details that submerge the player in a simulation rather than an arcade game.

A 6b ram is not required the mod was made on a 4gb ram system and tested across the board. The lights will be toned down in the coming patch to ease lag but our LoD on map is what gives the mod atmosphere, small details that submerge the player in a simulation rather than an arcade game.

Great, thanks Dyson.

Amazing glitch tho but the real question is Does anyone know what the easter egg is  :stupid:  :sporty:  :stumm:  :cool:  :drink:  :verweis:  lol

Had 2 bugs and a CTD occur today while playing, all recorded on video:

First bug is at 35:36, where I discover that Rescue 2 is missing it's skin, even though I had seen it earlier in working order. Second bug is 35:50, where I discover that the MS4000Normal and Critical sirens no longer work for EMS units. CTD does give an error, but I think the CTD was caused by me putting 4 EMS units together w/ lights on, as well as E222/R2/B37 in the screen peripherals.

Had 2 bugs and a CTD occur today while playing, all recorded on video:

First bug is at 35:36, where I discover that Rescue 2 is missing it's skin, even though I had seen it earlier in working order. Second bug is 35:50, where I discover that the MS4000Normal and Critical sirens no longer work for EMS units. CTD does give an error, but I think the CTD was caused by me putting 4 EMS units together w/ lights on, as well as E222/R2/B37 in the screen peripherals.

My expert opinion would be that it they aren't bugs but more of a performance issue. What makes me believe this is that the things you have described, siren randomly not working, and the problem with the rigs not appearing are, based on my experience, caused by performance issues with the mod. Also right before the video ended I saw the texture turning black and the map messing up, another sign of a performance problem. Would like to know what your computer specs are

I've got an intel i3 processor, 4gb of RAM. Intel graphics as well. The EMS siren consistently fails after a transport to the hospital.

Yea its performance issues then. I encounter the same problems on my laptop, which is about the same specs as yours, but have no problems on my desktop which has a radeon 6670. I 

So I got the run where the pickup truck is crushed by the building debris today. I can't complete the call because the tow truck can't get to the truck to pick it up, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Have you tried moving it with a crane

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini