beware222

Emergency 4 mods not working

Hello i have been trying to fix my mods for a year now. The problem is when i download my mod and go to the game and to the modifications section there is a green wrench beside all of my mods. And when i load them up it loads in like a minute but when i go to play it is the original version. This is not just with one mod. I have downloaded 5-10 mods and none of them have worked. One thing you should know is that i bought it from amazon and downloaded it. Please HELP

I have also had this problem. I have tried downloading the Los Angeles Mod v 2.1 by Hoppah multiple times and could not get it to work. It keeps saying that there is no valid 911:FR or EM4 program on my computer. I have downloaded the game from amazon and I have heard this a problem when downloading the game from amazon. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

~TMartin33

I have a quite similar problem, my mods used to work, yesterday I was playing Mayberry and I just installed Montanna, now none of my mods work, they show up like they used too and now when I select them in the mod menu and hit OK, nothing happens, I waited a long time and then clicked my mouse and the game crashed. Please help I love this game but hate vanilla!

12 minutes ago, Craig Craigathor said:

I have a quite similar problem, my mods used to work, yesterday I was playing Mayberry and I just installed Montanna, now none of my mods work, they show up like they used too and now when I select them in the mod menu and hit OK, nothing happens, I waited a long time and then clicked my mouse and the game crashed. Please help I love this game but hate vanilla!

your problem is different really; best guess is the mod you installed does not use the modinstaller but is packaged in a .rar file.  When it extracted you probably mistakenly extracted it to the wrong location meaning the mod files were installed either in the root game dir (where they shouldnt be).  Ensure that the mod you installed did not install into the root directory of the game it's self; also remember that it does take a long time for some of the larger mods to load so you have to be patient, if you click the mouse on the screen while they're loading the game will crash on all of the mods.  Also:  A logfile from your game (found in the root directory of the game) is very important to even guess decently at why you're crashing.

44 minutes ago, MikeyPI said:

your problem is different really; best guess is the mod you installed does not use the modinstaller but is packaged in a .rar file.  When it extracted you probably mistakenly extracted it to the wrong location meaning the mod files were installed either in the root game dir (where they shouldnt be).  Ensure that the mod you installed did not install into the root directory of the game it's self; also remember that it does take a long time for some of the larger mods to load so you have to be patient, if you click the mouse on the screen while they're loading the game will crash on all of the mods.  Also:  A logfile from your game (found in the root directory of the game) is very important to even guess decently at why you're crashing.

Yes it was RAR but I extracted here with 7-zip and I did that right in downloads then I put it on my desktop then moved it into mods, I did the same for Mayberry and it worked fine. So what happened wrong... and on the click thing I waited a solid 30 minutes nothing, I clicked and boom, crash. I did this on Montana and Mayberry, I can try on my other 3 mods, Harbor City, NY, and LA. 

4 hours ago, Craig Craigathor said:

Yes it was RAR but I extracted here with 7-zip and I did that right in downloads then I put it on my desktop then moved it into mods, I did the same for Mayberry and it worked fine. So what happened wrong... and on the click thing I waited a solid 30 minutes nothing, I clicked and boom, crash. I did this on Montana and Mayberry, I can try on my other 3 mods, Harbor City, NY, and LA. 

I tried the other mods and their all the same, broke. I am saddened. Now I'm stuck with the shit vanilla EM4 [if it helps I got the game on steam]

The logfile should be attached to your post to help you fix this; but that being said at this time I think you're probably going to have to take the mods out of the mod folder (store them somewhere like your desktop for now), completely uninstall the game removing everything of the game (the root directory included for the install path of hte game).  Reinstall the game and add the mods back one by one starting with LA mod since it's stable; try loading la mod only and go from there adding back in the other mods till you hit the one that is busted.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, MikeyPI said:

The logfile should be attached to your post to help you fix this; but that being said at this time I think you're probably going to have to take the mods out of the mod folder (store them somewhere like your desktop for now), completely uninstall the game removing everything of the game (the root directory included for the install path of hte game).  Reinstall the game and add the mods back one by one starting with LA mod since it's stable; try loading la mod only and go from there adding back in the other mods till you hit the one that is busted.

Ok, what the hell is a logfile, and also I did what you said and even completely uninstalled the mods, not even LA works, so I tried a new mod, London multiplayer, even it doesn't work, so... help...

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Craig Craigathor said:

Ok, what the hell is a logfile, and also I did what you said and even completely uninstalled the mods, not even LA works, so I tried a new mod, London multiplayer, even it doesn't work, so... help...

Spoiler

2).Have your logfile from your game so that it may be reviewed.

EX: C:\Program Files\Wizardworks\Emergency 911 First Responders\Logfile.txt.

3).Get your DirectX Diagnostic Log

Start:

Run:

Type in dxdiag and press ok.

After it does it's diagnostic save the information and upload it.

4).List your system specs if the information of your hardware does NOT match the DX Diag or information was omitted from the report.

Please also remember to use the "Upload" file or "Wrap in Code Tags" options to attatch your DirectX Diagnostic log or your Logfile.txt so that they can be viewed without consuming a large quantity of a page. To upload the file, just browse and select the .txt file and press "UPLOAD" and they will be attatched. The alternative will produce a code box around your choosen text, preserving all coded information as it belongs. To do this you can hit the button found to the left of the "youtube" button and [code}{/code] (replace the }{ with ][) appears, copy and paste your logfiles into the space between the ][ symbols and post. Any post that has the log file directly written in the post without either the code box or attatch feature WILL Be edited/removed.

Assistance Requests that fail to do the above mentioned tasks will be virtually impossible to diagnose and assist in repairing. As such, they will most likely remain unanswered or be deleted!

^^

In addition, I thought that LA Mod came with a application that does the installation process?

11 hours ago, TheAxeMan33 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

2).Have your logfile from your game so that it may be reviewed.

EX: C:\Program Files\Wizardworks\Emergency 911 First Responders\Logfile.txt.

3).Get your DirectX Diagnostic Log

Start:

Run:

Type in dxdiag and press ok.

After it does it's diagnostic save the information and upload it.

4).List your system specs if the information of your hardware does NOT match the DX Diag or information was omitted from the report.

Please also remember to use the "Upload" file or "Wrap in Code Tags" options to attatch your DirectX Diagnostic log or your Logfile.txt so that they can be viewed without consuming a large quantity of a page. To upload the file, just browse and select the .txt file and press "UPLOAD" and they will be attatched. The alternative will produce a code box around your choosen text, preserving all coded information as it belongs. To do this you can hit the button found to the left of the "youtube" button and [code}{/code] (replace the }{ with ][) appears, copy and paste your logfiles into the space between the ][ symbols and post. Any post that has the log file directly written in the post without either the code box or attatch feature WILL Be edited/removed.

Assistance Requests that fail to do the above mentioned tasks will be virtually impossible to diagnose and assist in repairing. As such, they will most likely remain unanswered or be deleted!

^^

In addition, I thought that LA Mod came with a application that does the installation process?

It does, it just [for me] doesn't work, no mods work for me now but before they did. (Thanks for helping my state bro)

We need you to take the la mod and install it... From there try to run the game, let it rot for a while (like 15-20 mins) if it hasnt loaded go ahead and crash it.  Then go into the root install folder of the game and grab the logfile.txt that is in there, add it as an attachment to your post *see below where you type your responses*  Choose the logfile.txt and upload it so that we can try to figure out why you're crashing out.  Also it would be nice to know if you're crashing in the original game as well, along with any recent changes done to the machine (IE driver updates, os upgrades).

According to your logfile you tried to load the London Mod; it was still in the process of loading when you terminated it (it did not error out or crash, you just interrupted the process).  I would suggest loading it again and waiting longer to see if it eventually loads the mod completely or errors out; the only thing I saw of note in your file was that your video card doesnt have all the features available which could be related to the drivers in it.. If you can run the original default game fine then that obviously isnt an issue contributing to your issues.  Delete the Logfile from the game's folder; start the game anew and load one single mod (london or la whichever you want to) use a phone or something and wait 25 minutes to see what happens.  25 Real-time minutes; in theory if you waited 15 minutes or 20 minutes (as I suggested last post) then your "new" logfile that it creates should show more data than the one you've already uploaded.

8 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

According to your logfile you tried to load the London Mod; it was still in the process of loading when you terminated it (it did not error out or crash, you just interrupted the process).  I would suggest loading it again and waiting longer to see if it eventually loads the mod completely or errors out; the only thing I saw of note in your file was that your video card doesnt have all the features available which could be related to the drivers in it.. If you can run the original default game fine then that obviously isnt an issue contributing to your issues.  Delete the Logfile from the game's folder; start the game anew and load one single mod (london or la whichever you want to) use a phone or something and wait 25 minutes to see what happens.  25 Real-time minutes; in theory if you waited 15 minutes or 20 minutes (as I suggested last post) then your "new" logfile that it creates should show more data than the one you've already uploaded.

Aight, wish me luck.

UPDATE:
Holy shit they work, I did a game on London multi and things got out of hand, but shit they work, it takes a long time but they work! Thanks dude! Want to do a game sometime?

5 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

hey Mikey, any chance you could help me with my issue?

On 7/7/2016 at 10:32 PM, MikeyPI said:

hi i have the same problem

i hav uninstalled the game and mods but still the mods are in the game

i dont know what a root directory is please help

Root folder = main folder where Em4.exe and your Mods folder is located in.

If you installed mods than you probably know where it is.

You can find information on this site as to where the main Em4 installation and exe is located in.

In the future, please create a new thread instead of re-posting on a thread that has not been active in four years.