Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

I am sorry, I am really bad in that stuff. So I googled for it, and it said: 'AMD Radeon HD 6520G + HD 7450M Dual Graphics - 1024 MB, Core: 700 MHz, Memory: 900 MHz, DDR3-VRAM, Catalyst 12.1 (8.900.7.1000)' 

I hope you understand it :s 

Anyways, the Standard definition is great for me, now I put the map of the HD one in the SD-one and tried it. I missed alot of objects, so I just copied other stuff. I am really curious if it is almost like the HDone :)

I don't know what you guys did to make this mod to use 1 gig of memory but that is really messed up. Its kinda sucks that mods like the winterberg mod are exactly the same size with great detail and function smoother and cleaner.

I'm pretty certain it's because of their map, which is quite detailed and very realistic to real-life Manhattan. Last I checked mods like Winterberg still utilize at least some of the vanilla buildings and such

Try update ing it at ure graphics website?

Would that fix the problem? That I am unable to run the HD-one? 

I don't know what you guys did to make this mod to use 1 gig of memory but that is really messed up. Its kinda sucks that mods like the winterberg mod are exactly the same size with great detail and function smoother and cleaner.

It is not messed up, and neither it sucks, have you actually played it? I was sold when I played this  :wub:

^ Yeah I noticed that, too.

Another thing, there was a medical call where I couldn't lift the patient onto the stretcher.  Might just be a freak thing, but I tried putting him on the spineboard and everything, but I couldn't get the command to pop up.  Strange...

:excl: Important notice to the Manhattan Mod Team!  :excl:

I finally found the time to check out this modification and came across some files that were taken from the Los Angeles Mod (by me) and the New York Modification (by MikeyPI and co).

While I'm aware that everyone can use files from the Los Angeles Mod, it doesn't mean my work can remain uncredited. That was also the only condition I had: credit me for my work (source). I tried to look for a readme in the modification and it's not there, so there is no written credit and I cannot find my nickname (Hoppah) anywhere in the modification. I would appreciate it if I am credited for any work. That includes the models that are present in the modification as well as some of the scripts that were made by me or that were based on mine.

Some examples of models that are present in the modification and made by me:

The fire stations, hospital and police station models in the following folder:

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Houses\01 LA Emergency Service\

Most files in the following maps:

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Objects\07 Scenery\

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Objects\06 LA Misc\

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Persons\03 LA Police\

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Persons\02 LA Fire Department\

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\904 LA Tec\

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\07 Civil\

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\03 FDNY\11 Tiller Misc\

and much more.

I'm aware the Los Angeles modification was used as a base to start off the Manhattan Modification and that people are free to use content from the Los Angeles Mod, but that doesn't mean my work can remain uncredited. I've still put a lot of time into the Los Angeles modification and how much time does writing a readme take?

There will be either a readme that credits me for my work (models and scripts) or just remove all Los Angeles Mod files from the modification (and at least the models that I made). In case the models aren't used in actual gameplay, I suggest to do the latter. I'm just surprised that virtually no effort was put into cleaning up unused and unnecessary files from the modification prior release.

The deal with MikeyPI's stolen models is a more serious and vital problem. I've immediatly contacted MikeyPI regarding the presence of his models in the modification and he was shocked that his models were directly copied to this modification. 

While he may not be active on the forums for a while now (over 2 years), it doesn't mean people can simply take models without his (written) permission. He told me he never gave permission to use any his models in the modification and asked me to take necessary actions. As an admin and mod-creator I feel compelled to do so.

MikeyPI considers the theft of his models serious copyright infringement (an actual violation by international law) and wants ALL of his models to be removed from the modification within a couple of days.

That includes at least the following models which were all made by MikeyPI before his absence (see spoiler):

The NYPD small tow, big tow and rollback vehicles in the following folder:

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\03 Police\

The ESU Mack vehicle in the following folder:

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\21 ESS\

The Ford Econoline models, Cadillac DTS models, Ford Freestar models, Freightliner Step van model and the Chevrolet Tahoe models in the following folder:

\Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\07 Civil\

(actual model names may vary by name)

I'm going to give you guys a couple of days to fix these issues and re-release the modification, otherwise I will be looking for more serious consequences.

I hope you understand what this means and are willing to set this right. 

I'm not trying to be a total dick about this. It's just that the team may violate (international) laws by releasing models that were not made by the team's members uncredited and without permission. It's unfair for people who've put into a lot of work in their models in their spare time without getting paid or anything. We're talking about hobbyists who at least deserve the proper treatment and credit when it comes to distribution of their work.

Hoppah

• Upvote 1

Thought I saw your files hoppah :)...and I've lost almost edge of symphony for this mod...I saw on Facebook that u said mikey gave u permission where he obviayllsy did not!(sorry bout spelling)you guys have made a great mod but even u Guys said to credit the authors I hope u guys can fix this.:)...you don't wanna mess with hoppah...let alone mikey;) haha

I am kinda shocked that there wasn't a readme in this mod anywhere. Thanks Hoppah for showing us how serious it is and that all mods should include a readme so that this doesn't happen again! I'd like to see this be fixed and the mod to continue to grow.

Read and understood. I will remove MikeyPI's civil models and ESS Truck as well as the tow trucks. (Dyson had told me we had permission to use those from the NYC Mod) I will make a readme creditting Hoppah for his scripts and Models from the LA Mod and will also try to trace back most of the Civil models in the mod to their rightful creators. I traced the ESS truck \Manhattan Modification 3.0.0\Models\Vehicles\21 ESS\ this one is MikeyPI but this one is not the one used in the mod. Confused as to why this is in there in the first place, might of been in an early version of V1 but our ESS is located in Models/Vehicles/01NYPD/10 ES MACK 5501. None of you have the right to say this mod is a bust or there goes this mod.. because obviously this is an easy fix. V3.0.2 is out by the end of the week fixing many crash issues, adding many open buildings, gated wyes incase hydrants are unavailable and other bug fixes. Now added to the change log is the removing of the civil vehicles by Mikey and a read me crediting Hoppah because, yes I give him the right to call us out on this but to be honest he deserves every credit. If it werent for him this mod would not be possible and I realize we are not crediting him as we should but we will now. So this issue will be resolved with v3.0.2 by the end of the week. This mod is not a bust, this is just a minor hole in the road that we will climb out of and continue forward. Thanks for shining light on the issue.

-Raf

I appreciate what people have said and rafs repsonse but...

I think this is all blown out of proportion, we did ask hoppah through team speak regarding a few scripts and he said we'd be cool to use the towntrucks. But regardless from early versions we've always thanked hoppah and Mikey and nnico etc for there huge contributions to the community, I believe there was a read me included but if not then surely you both will have seen the credit in every video and on every forum.

I appreciate the fact we used them and they are your property but I think the deal made out of model use and all that is way over the top, this after all is just a hobby and something I personally did because I enjoyed it, but the amount o grief people constantly give each other is a bit of a sad joke. This isn't commercial after all.

Regardless back to university so I don't have the time or the motivation to try to settle whatever the issues arising are, if you wish to remove our files out of spite so be it, but I think several years of work and enjoyment making this modification and the friends I've made won't be removed.

I don't understand the sudden hostility on hoppahs part we seemed to be chatting just fine months ago and exchanging ideas and seeking a lot of advice regarding the mod, but fair enough if your opinions have changed.

That's just my opinions on the matter I know ill likely get shot down, but frankly I wanted to speak my mind on the matter.

Anyway sorry for the mix up with models, I think raf explained it, but I think to try to publicly slander the mod is a d*ck move

x