Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

Couple of possible suggestions for CTD issues (They won't completely get rid of them but it might lessen them). My mum and sister play The Sims and that kept crashing to desktop on them. I updated their GFX drivers as well as Direct X and that seemed to stabalize the game for now. I know some people have updated drivers so might be worth trying a Direct X update to see if this helps with EM4 CTDs.

Also I use the contig file from Microsoft which is a single folder defragger which will arrange all your EM4 files to be together on your Hard Drive this might also make the game more stable aswell.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb897428.aspx

Unzip the contig file to your EM4 directory

Create a shortcut to the contig file.

Open the properties of the created shortcut and add a -s to the end of the Target line (Mine looks like: "C:\Games\Emergency 4\Contig.exe" -s)

Then run the contig from the created shortcut.

I'm currently trying this see if it improves anything for me :) thanks for the suggestion atleast :)

I have Windows 7 64 bit and graphic card from NVIDIA. I had CTD every time after a few minutes of playing, and any suggestions i was found here didn't help. But I probably solved this problem for me. In application's properties (right-click on shortcut) in the "Compatibility" I was pointed "Disable visual themes" and "Disable desktop composition". Of course, compatibility with Windows XP SP3 and run as administrator. After that I played twice time about an hour without any crash. All graphics options in the game settings in full. Maybe this will help someone too. My system is in Polish so option's name in English may sound different, below is a screen which options pointed.

q0su.png

Sorry for my english.

Thanks, Dyson.

I never thought of just shutting down entire avenues...that's a good idea if traffic starts to back up.

I originally tried to make a script that would close off avenues at the press of a button, but it failed, just put a highway patrol car at the source and block traffic, allow 2 minutes for the traffic already on the ave to clear and then you have a clear operational area with no traffic issues.

So I downloaded the mod I went to freeplay... and after loading freeplay I get a CTD

However... when I look at the Logfile.txt it says I couldn't load anything of the mod "blahblah was not found"

Hmm, but you could run the beta? Try reinstalling, and restarting your PC, a lot of people said restarting and updating drivers fixed CTDs

hey guys good work on the mod first of all i remember when this was just a submod  :happy: i found a bug where an alley was blocked and there was a fire inside but the alley was blocked and i couldnt go in. Btw i would screenshot but i forgot how to sorry but the alley has a bunch of explosives and its near THE MAGIC CURTAIN. Good work again on your mod guys!

I'm andrea, I'm new and I take this opportunity to greet everyone and thank you for the work you are doing! I apologize for English ....
I have a problem, I can not use your mod, just downloaded tonight ...
practically choose between the mods after you start the game, there is the campaign and I try to play the single player, but it just loads the game crashes to desktop ...

other mod, such as Los Angeles, works well ...
I have the deluxe version of EM4 gold ...
Is it incompatible with your mod?

Thank you, Andrea
ave

all Intel people i got the mod to work with an Intel graphics card and in only 2 simple steps. Here is what I did, first I updated my graphics card which needed an update. Second to open the game I right clicked on the 911 First Responders game icon and then clicked run as administer. This has helped for me and I am currently running the game smoothly. 

What processor and graphics card do you have. 

Hi guys !

After a day to search a solution, i got solution to crash issue at single player loading.

My graphic card is Nvidia Ge Force GT 420 M for laptop and i crash when load single player but watch this ===>>>>

Found in first page Manhattan Modification General Topic....

-----------29/07/12-----------
NVIDIA graphics fix found by member! Try it out, kudos to Brent for the find.

snapback.pngBrent Murphy, on 28 July 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

I'm running an Acer 5750g with i5 processor and 3gb of RAM, i have no idea how this would work on something other than a nvidia graphics card

step 1- open the start menu, search for "NVIDIA Control Panel"

step 2- when running the control panel select "3d settings" and then in the subsection select, "program settings"

step 3- click on "select a program to customize" then select Emergency 4 from the drop down menu.

step 4- go to where it says "select the preferred graphics processor" and then from the drop down menu, select "high performance NVIDIA processor"

finished :).

It works for me, why do not you ??? :cool:

The mod looks very very great, no crash at this time only on bug, traffic blocked by MTA bus south Engine 54 firehouse...

No picture sorry....

Keep it up guys, it's cool to play v3 !!!

shots fired on 8th ave by west 40th st police fired on suspect upon arrival after shots were fired at them. Engine 43 was returning from a box call on the same street and stopped while EMS responded. The suspect was put on a spinal board by Firefighters and treated then transported to hospital by ambulance one officer was treated for minor injury's.0tmf.png

some bugs :

- unable to use the stretcher on the victim in the parking lot at 46th st & 8th avenue. disturbing because almost no more calls after.

- fire between 44th & 45th St near 6th avenue but where is the fire ? nothing in building or sidewalk, but red dot on the map.

Sorry to keep bringing this up, Dyson, but your solution kinda worked.  

It's not really the cars causing the issue, but it is in fact the peds.  I'd be fine with a lot of peds walking around, but they don't...they stand in the middle of the street and don't move for anything.  The mod is great, but the peds make it nearly unplayable.  :cry: