Dyson

[WIP] Manhattan Modification [The Upper East Side] *New Video*

Feedback poll  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Can you run the mod?

2. 2. Do you enjoy the mod (scale 5 being highest)?

• 5 - Very much
    • 4 - A lot
    • It's ok but nothing special
    • Needs improvements
    • Terrible needs drastic improvements (Go on haters go crazy)
  3. 3. Crash frequencies (once in game)

• Every time I play it crashes
    • Most of the time it crashes
    • Had a few crashes
    • Very few crashes
    • Never crashed so far

Sorry if I used the SD Version I would be insulting my computer. My computer is a bad girl and likes things HD.

Haha ok well there may be random crahes every now and again, people are reporting they get fewer as they play longer :)

With all due respect for the massive amount of man hours put into this project and knowing that his will never be a 100% stable mod due it not being made by professionals I do have a few issues.

a) No current MP support.

b) Received NYPD calls while played the EMS & FDNY mode only.

c) The MinDurationBetweenEvents parameter for EMS & FDNY mode wasn't set to 330.

d) Had one EMS call in the south part of town (food poisening) where the patient couldn't be treated nor transported.

Except for the no MP support all the rest might seem minor issues, although in my opinion these shouldn't be here knowing that I experienced those within less than one hour play time and should have been easily tracable. Or it might be the fact that I can get easily annoyed by small issues :P  Anyway, I'll post new bug reports if I encounter them.

Congratulations nonetheless for creating this mod.

With all due respect for the massive amount of man hours put into this project and knowing that his will never be a 100% stable mod due it not being made by professionals I do have a few issues.

a) No current MP support.

b) Received NYPD calls while played the EMS & FDNY mode only.

c) The MinDurationBetweenEvents parameter for EMS & FDNY mode wasn't set to 330.

d) Had one EMS call in the south part of town (food poisening) where the patient couldn't be treated nor transported.

Except for the no MP support all the rest might seem minor issues, although in my opinion these shouldn't be here knowing that I experienced those within less than one hour play time and should have been easily tracable. Or it might be the fact that I can get easily annoyed by small issues :P  Anyway, I'll post new bug reports if I encounter them.

Congratulations nonetheless for creating this mod.

We do appreciate the feedback, but you realise that FDNY/EMS only is listed as currently 'unavailable' so all the feedback you posted was moot anyway. But the MP we are looking into, the SD version is fully MP compatible if you stil lwant MP :) but for now its just SP

x

We do appreciate the feedback, but you realise that FDNY/EMS only is listed as currently 'unavailable' so all the feedback you posted was moot anyway. But the MP we are looking into, the SD version is fully MP compatible if you stil lwant MP :) but for now its just SP

x

No its not, we tried it and were still having the same issue. What ill do is just release a multiplayer version once I sort the issue but no patch will be able to fix it at this point.

It bugs me a lot for these things

1. When i try to put in the money cheat, it crashes

2. I can only call one tow truck of a kind out of a time, and that's bugging me a lot since i need more than one tow for the city.( The city can't operate with one tow)

3.The mod is not working on MP( Which i don't know how do you guy play in MERU)

4. Let's just say one of the units on the maps (E54) get lost. How do you call them back in the map, if it's not on the spawn list

I hope the mod will release the patches which will fix some crashes or all crashes that i mention in here. 

Last but not least, It's an amazing mod guys. Keep up the good works.

P.S: I heard Raf is not happy with the final of V3

Does anyone else have pedestrian issues?  It seems for me that there are too many peds and they get stuck in the crosswalks and block traffic.  I'll try to get a screen if it happens again.

Reading back, I noticed that erfd stated he has these issues, too, so it's not just me lol.  I'll try playing again tomorrow and see if it improves or not, but the same thing happened with the Harbor City mod, so I'm still skeptical...

It bugs me a lot for these things

1. When i try to put in the money cheat, it crashes

2. I can only call one tow truck of a kind out of a time, and that's bugging me a lot since i need more than one tow for the city.( The city can't operate with one tow)

3.The mod is not working on MP( Which i don't know how do you guy play in MERU)

What do you mean one tow truck do you mean you can only call in one of 3 tow trucks?. That ps is also very mean I'd advise editing it out

I have been having crashes, and they seem to be script related as it is usually when I try give a command.
There is also a EMS call that the EMTs cannot get too
Apart from that, the game seems to run pretty well

Also would be nice to have some information on what cover moves the FDNY uses to =)
I'm from New Zealand so I do not know a lot about how the FDNY operates and which company covers which etc etc

Thanks Manhattan Mod Team

I love this mod, he`s great. Yesterday I played the mod about one hour without any problems.

But I miss some units from the facebook pics, saftey chief and the other ones.

Good work guys.

what should i do with the crash ( Em4 automatically exit after map loading ) . I don't have any Intel in my computer, and my grapic driver is radeon hd 4350 . 

I did everything that Dyson?? posted on Facebook page, but it didn't worked..

1. I edit em4 to Catalyst control center - didn't work

2. I reinstall Radeon Hd 4xxx sereies grapic driver - didn't work

3. I updated Catlayst control center - didn't work

4. I set grapic option of Em4 to all low and off -  didn't work

I did every solution Manhattan mod facebook page suggested, but they all doesn't work. 

I hope to anybody give me a solution.. have a nice day 

Had a fire, building was immediately completely involved and set the building across the street on fire, and proceeded to destroy every nearby parked car and any that tried to drive past.

Also had a failed vehicle fire (no way to get there in time), clicked tow truck to pick up the wreck, vehicle disappeared, tow truck became non-command-able. Gridlock ensued, sent out flatbed to get truck, flatbed got lost because of traffic, game eventually CTD'd.

post-35570-0-09971500-1376559154.jpg

Couple of possible suggestions for CTD issues (They won't completely get rid of them but it might lessen them). My mum and sister play The Sims and that kept crashing to desktop on them. I updated their GFX drivers as well as Direct X and that seemed to stabalize the game for now. I know some people have updated drivers so might be worth trying a Direct X update to see if this helps with EM4 CTDs.

Also I use the contig file from Microsoft which is a single folder defragger which will arrange all your EM4 files to be together on your Hard Drive this might also make the game more stable aswell.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb897428.aspx

Unzip the contig file to your EM4 directory

Create a shortcut to the contig file.

Open the properties of the created shortcut and add a -s to the end of the Target line (Mine looks like: "C:\Games\Emergency 4\Contig.exe" -s)

Then run the contig from the created shortcut.

Just some feed back so far i like what i seen when it works.  I was having crash with ever false alarm.  That was fix when I dropped all the in game video setting but resolution down the min.   However last night I had another crash when I sent two cops into building.  I got the loading icon and left it the way it was for a good 15 minutes before I ctl+alt+delete out of the game.  

Hey guys an update.

First off thanks for taking part in the feedback poll, this has confirmed that the majority can actually run this mod.

We see the issue now is crashing throughout gameplay. I've been speaking to a lot of gamers and I've narrowed it down to a few new commands which sometimes kick to desktop, besides that they're just random crashes that you can get with any mod, especially one as intensive as this.

FIrst up the leave/return commands. There's a bug where if you press other commands whilst the Engines are leaving or returning this can cause the script to flip out and throw you to desktop. I'm working on a few ways to stop users being able to click anything whilst the commands are in affect, but there's a way you can avoid some crashes. I plan to fix these issues in the patch and also re-include the quicker parking method without the blocking.

Another one is the search house, this is hoppahs script, I've found sending more than 3 people at a time can make people get stuck and certain buildings can crash the game. So again for now these are just what I've found, letting you all know. This will be looked at in the patch too.

Regarding traffic and peds, I strongly recommend you send PD units well in advance to block roads at their source before sending Fire, or even just sending all the units you'll need straight to scene, because ones traffic builds its a real bitch, but will always sort itself out again once you let it go, avoid having more than one avenue congested, thats when it get really crazy.

If you're not happy with the vehicle/ped ammount, that's one thing thats not going to change as it's a fine balance between realism and gameplay. I'd direct you to the SD version which has very small amount of traffic ;)

All the other little things that have been mentioned like not being able to call excess tow trucks etc will also be sorted in the next patch, but this month is a very busy time for me so please do give me time to do so :)

Some people have asked me why 'FDNY/EMS only' is set as not available, and some dont see it as not available, well stick to all calls for now the other game mode is not yet set up so will be more buggy and untested :)

Thanks for all the kind words, it's wonderful to see so many people enjoying a mod that I've put so much into! 

Dyson

x

p.s. I have plans for multiplayer too but for now that's not available

All the other little things that have been mentioned like not being able to call excess tow trucks etc will also be sorted in the next patch, but this month is a very busy time for me so please do give me time to do so :)

The tow truck problem is because the "MaxParkingSpace" value is too low for the number of vehicles you have available, I believe. That's why it won't let us buy more vehicles, if you didn't narrow it down already.

It's a quick fix for anyone to go into the "fp_param*" files and raise it.

The tow truck problem is because the "MaxParkingSpace" value is too low for the number of vehicles you have available, I believe. That's why it won't let us buy more vehicles, if you didn't narrow it down already.

It's a quick fix for anyone to go into the "fp_param*" files and raise it.

Yeah I was trying to avoid people buying like 10 of the same rig haha :)