FDNY2352

Riverdale Submod - The Bronx, NY (WIP)

Sorry for no updates in a while. I've been busy with college. Anyway aside from that I have now finalized version 1.0 units. The units are:

FDNY:

Battalion 27

Engine 52

Ladder 52

FDNY EMS:

Ambulance 551

Supervisor 941

NYPD:

RMP-3425
RMP-4637
RMP-7250
RMP-4218
REP Truck-5710

*The list may be different to the final product.

More news!

I have worked out a way that enables a unit to be called onto the map once. The aim is for this to make it more realistic as there isn't more than one type of unit i.e there is only one engine 52 in the fdny so you can only call in one engine 52 in game.
Edited by FDNY2352

2 hours ago, Noah Young said:

Where is the download link?

This topic is nearly four years old, and you've already been reminded about the site rules so congratulations, you've won your first warning point.

Topic locked to prevent further unnecessary bumping, author can contact me or one of the other mods to unlock if need be.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, FDNY2352 said:

Out of nowhere with a map development update??? Absolutely amazing, keep it up, mod looks promising.

Is there any way you could update the photos of vehicles from when the topic was first started? They are no longer available and many of us would like to see them now that the mod is kind up coming back to light.

Cheers for the comments guys! I've still got lots to do going forward. I am focusing most of my time on the map so there is at least a solid foundation to work with and then I will move onto sorting out the rest of the playable units. I am also making the map and playable units as true to scale as I can. I know we're probably used to seeing a person model bigger than the actual vehicle or building and I know some may say whats the point in bothering with it, but for me it makes the vehicles stand out and try's to replicate their size but on a smaller scale.

My next work on the map will be to create a reservoir in a lower corner of the map. There are no large bodies of water near to Riverdale so I plan to base the reservoir off Jerome Park Reservoir nearby. I am hoping in the future this will enable the way for water related operations.

As always please give me feedback on the images I post with the map as I want to try and make it a mix of rural and urban upper New York City. I will leave you with a screenshot showing the changes with a previous image I posted.

2115769514_MapDevelopmentImage5.thumb.png.7cb0ed1cc7a3742c29b4a540383e2a64.png

• Like 3

Nice work ...I know how difficult it is to create a map from scratch, especially wanting to put parts of real areas in it ... continue the work and don't get discouraged!

14 hours ago, FDNY2352 said:

Cheers for the comments guys! I've still got lots to do going forward. I am focusing most of my time on the map so there is at least a solid foundation to work with and then I will move onto sorting out the rest of the playable units. I am also making the map and playable units as true to scale as I can. I know we're probably used to seeing a person model bigger than the actual vehicle or building and I know some may say whats the point in bothering with it, but for me it makes the vehicles stand out and try's to replicate their size but on a smaller scale.

My next work on the map will be to create a reservoir in a lower corner of the map. There are no large bodies of water near to Riverdale so I plan to base the reservoir off Jerome Park Reservoir nearby. I am hoping in the future this will enable the way for water related operations.

As always please give me feedback on the images I post with the map as I want to try and make it a mix of rural and urban upper New York City. I will leave you with a screenshot showing the changes with a previous image I posted.

2115769514_MapDevelopmentImage5.thumb.png.7cb0ed1cc7a3742c29b4a540383e2a64.png

Wow that is a really good looking map.

Here is an image of another street in the upper part of the map before it then moves into more suburban housing. I have been trying to have it so it slowly fades from the urban area to rural area with larger plots of land for houses and bigger open streets.

236729344_MapDevelopmentImage6.thumb.png.a561bbf730da3b5b945cf7228f7cf382.png

• Like 5

Precinct added to the map in the downtown area. This will be the 50th Precinct and I am planning on having on and off street parking for it (yard is on the side of it). I have also been adding green space to the north east of the map and also the reservoir to the south east. The map is slowly getting filled up! Enjoy.

1970807739_MapDevelopmentImage7.png.00aeb3e93de46ecd54ca09bf38061130.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2