Hoppah

US Army Mod 0.6 [RELEASED]

Oh man, I'm so happy to see this. I would do my own form of a military based in LA Mod using the additional units mod and a custom map. This is perfect, and I bet it'd make Agency War so much better. Definitely glad to see and be able to share this mod with friends. We've wanted to get back into playing.

Personally, I think it would be cool of the fuel truck was added and land vehicles fuels were balanced. I think it would add more of a tactical element so that you would want to effectively manage personell and vehicles (heal people, refuel vehicles) to keep working, else potentially stall vehicle enroute to a scene. Just my .02

Imo, limited fuel for all land vehicles may just cause extra frustrations instead of increasing fun and a challenge. Especially, when you're in control of a lot of vehicles. Lets say you're rolling out a convoy of 10 vehicles to deal with a event where you need to react fast and the one of the vehicles in the middle of the convoy runs out of fuel and you have no (money to buy a) fuel tanker vehicle. I'd be pissed too.

So for now, it's gonna be limited fuel for helicopters only.

there should be a fuel truck so if you cars dies outside the base you can drive the truck to the car with no fuel

yea hoppah like at startup but now this is going really AWOL but maybe fule tanks that run out eventually and more gets deliverd,

?

Can you make a bomb protect sistem

like this: http://www.track-link.com/gallery/images/b_8935_1.jpg

That can detect mine

What would be the purpose of that system in the game? If you can motivate that, I can take your suggestion into consideration. I personally see no use for it right now, so hopefully you can point that out.

The next version (0.6) of the US Army Mod is almost done and has reached testing phase. I still need to fix some bugs and balance a couple of aspects out. The new version contains A LOT of new goodies. Therefore, I will re-release the entire modification again instead of doing a patch like I did for the 0.5 update. The full changelist (not everything on the list was posted here before):

Changelist 0.6:

- New event: Mortar Attack
- Added limited water functionality to TFFT and Local Fire Trucks
- Added limited fuel functionality to all helicopters
- Added second helicopterplatform to base
- Added upgrade Medivac command to UH-60 Black Hawk
- Added Quad
- Added Light Strike Vehicle
- Added MH-6 Little Bird with rapid insertion command
- Added M1126 Stryker ICV + upgrade to M1133 Medical Evacuation Vehicle
- Added medical post functionality to the M1133 Medical Evacuation Vehicle
- Added Cougar MRAP
- Added M978 Fuel Tanker (to refuel helicopters in forward locations)
- New models for M998 HMMWV and M997 HMMWV Maxi Ambulance (thanks to MikeyPI for the original HMMWV model)
- Replaced Transport Truck with M1038 HMMWV Troop Transport (thanks to MikeyPI for the original HMMWV model)
- Replaced Spec Ops with US Army Rangers
- Removed smaller LRAD dish functionality from M998 HMMWV
- After finishing 'Less lethal warfare' development, M998 HMMMWV's can be upgraded with Active Denial System mount
- Added random ground ambushes and anti-aircraft ambushes to increase suspense and unpredictability
- Repairing vehicles with an engineer will cost some money now
- Added command to local emergency vehicles to purchase new personnel when parked at their HQ's
- Fixed bug that would crash the game occasionally upon purchasing a helicopter
- Many bug fixes, tweaks and minor changes/additions

I'm aiming for a release in two weeks.

Hoppah

I...have a stupid idea but it might be doable...What about some soldiers maybe the engineers have fuel cans or something?

I've added limited fuel to make the helicopters less god-mode type of vehicles. It's debatable if the same logic is useful for ground vehicles. I've already posted my opinion regarding this. Anyway, if you can just as easy refuel the vehicles again with fuel cans, what purpose (besides a realistic feeling) does the limited fuel actually have in the game then? With fuel cans, the limited fuel becomes kinda redundant in my opinion and it wouldn't really add more strategy.

there should be a fuel truck so if you cars dies outside the base you can drive the truck to the car with no fuel

There is a fuel truck (this beast) to refuel the helicopters in forward locations. Ie. helicopters that can't make it back to base.

What would be the purpose of that system in the game? If you can motivate that, I can take your suggestion into consideration. I personally see no use for it right now, so hopefully you can point that out.

I think that it can detect the mines in the ground, like the bomb (engineer) unit, but in a more long area, near the street that the vehicles is along, naturally during the drive, and not only when it's still

Screenshot of the M978 Fuel Tanker (which can refuel helicopters) and the new US Army Ranger skin (will replace the 'spec ops' which looked like mercenaries). Compared to the soldiers they wear a darker, grey vest and helmet so you can distinguish the 2 types.

post-4-0-71178500-1381269368_thumb.jpg

Cool?

Hoppah