Would you play this submod?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play this submod?

Hi Emergency Planet!

I am making a San Francisco sub-mod for the Los Angeles Mod v2.1.

So far it includes some script modifications, customized and re-skinned units, new info texts and some other minor tweaks. I also added the ability to patrol to some of the SAFD vehicles.

Screenshots (EMS Vehicles):

post-38762-0-75455600-1354539752.jpgpost-38762-0-50631900-1354539753.jpgpost-38762-0-17182700-1354539754.jpg

Screenshots (FD Vehicles):

post-38762-0-78483700-1354551349_thumb.j

Progress:

SAFD Vehicles:95% - Just got to fix some stupid looking things I did on the skins.

SAFD Persons: 0%

SAPD Vehicles: 0%

SAPD Persons: 0%

TEC Vehicles: 0%

TEC Persons: 0%

EMS Vehicles: 100%

EMS Persons: 0%

Military / Government Vehicles: 0%

Military / Government Persons: 0%

Extra Features:

Animal Control Vehicle: 0%

Animal Control Persons: 0%

Fire Engine Patrol Script: 100% - Bug: If someone turns off the auto extinguisher on the roof of a fire engine the button to turn it back on vanishes. Anyone got an insight into this?

Please suggest more vehicles and I will see what I can do!

I started the sub-mod very recently, but you can expect it to be finished in a few weeks judging by my progress so far. :laugh:

I have a suggestion. Don't take any of this a bad way. Your work is great so far. One thing. I would use some led lightbars and some newer units. Like NNICOs Ford F-350 ambulance and his CV. I can't post links to them now but when I get home later I can post the links to where they are. Check out the New Olreans Mod topic and we've posted an ambulance and an excursion and a couple of other units. The ambulance is NNICOs and same with the excursions and the Crown Vic's.

Hope this helps.

Zach

I would use some led lightbars and some newer units.

Well, I would, but I know almost nothing about modelling. I am only making this because I just have to re-skin existing units, and edit code.

I am not very good at creating models or creating skins completely from scratch. If anyone wants to help I can add new units, but I am only doing this really to learn how to re-skin.

And about the Lamborghini police car.... If you can find me a working model I can do the skin. :happy:

I will see if I can learn some more about modelling, though.

Hey Mindcore,

If you want you can come work with us on the Aiken County Submod, I'll mentor you on skinning and a couple of other things Emergency-specific. Secondly, regarding the light bars and such, we have a guy on our team who's an expert on that stuff, so could probably show you a few things, and he also has a huge interest in creating a San Francisco modification so we could definitely move on to that after the development of the Aiken County Submod, if not doing both at the same time.

Zach's also practising on his lighting and such so I'm sure he could give you a few tips! If you're interested, PM me and we'll get talking.

Regards,

Rlast.

It would also be great to have the help of a scripter, especially since I work on smaller prop models that you could possibly work with; I can show you the basics of modelling too.