Rafael

Chicago Fire Mod! [WIP]

On 7/18/2021 at 1:31 AM, Squad 65 said:

Haven't heard anything from anyone lately so we will see.

Guess most people left. Dutch emergency forums got closed and the German one is getting quite too.

Lets be honest, emergency 5 was not the dream modders dreamed to happen

Edited by Stan
Typos

16 hours ago, Stan said:

Guess most people left. Dutch emergency forums got closed and the German one is getting quite too.

Lets be honest, emergency 5 was not the dream modders dreamed to happen

Blast from the past here...looks like you finally got the forums in good shape...goodjob! EMP was my first stop on the scene again in a few months and it sounds like the fan base for the game is dyeing out. Looks like some of the die hards are still hanging in there such as these guys, CFD, itchboy, random person, etc. 

Just kind of a random thought, but if the modding community is as bad off as you say, maybe it would be best for everyone to join forces and try to focus on one project at a time? I mean this mod itself was going to push EM4 far beyond anything any of us really thought the engine could handle. The original EM4 code base is what 10 years old now? This mod itself is coming up on 9 years? How many fans have long moved on from EM4 that will never enjoy this mod because of the amount of time it has spent being developed? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Xplorer4x4 said:

Blast from the past here...looks like you finally got the forums in good shape...goodjob! EMP was my first stop on the scene again in a few months and it sounds like the fan base for the game is dyeing out. Looks like some of the die hards are still hanging in there such as these guys, CFD, itchboy, random person, etc. 

Just kind of a random thought, but if the modding community is as bad off as you say, maybe it would be best for everyone to join forces and try to focus on one project at a time? I mean this mod itself was going to push EM4 far beyond anything any of us really thought the engine could handle. The original EM4 code base is what 10 years old now? This mod itself is coming up on 9 years? How many fans have long moved on from EM4 that will never enjoy this mod because of the amount of time it has spent being developed? 

Yeah. I've noticed more people liking EM4 since Em5-20 are much harder to mod and require more and more software. 

17 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

Yeah. I've noticed more people liking EM4 since Em5-20 are much harder to mod and require more and more software. 

So I am a bit confused here. This sounds a bit on the opposite end of what I am getting from Stan's post. Point being is I just jumped back in the deep end here. I was planning to be back around Jan-Feb but life happens. I was honestly just going to lurk through, grab any updated mods by chance, and get me in to a game of EM4. Instead, I stumbled on Stan's post that sounds like a confirmation that the community is slowly dying out. Just like in life, all good things must come to an end. However, I was thinking something along the lines of any willing and active devs to commit our projects to the likes of github and we all open source our projects under something like an apache license. I mean, let's face it, this is a hobby project. No one is here to generate a profit. Let's colab and create with a mutual understanding that of course we need some unique units of features in each mod to keep things fresh.  @Stan if you don't mind me asking, I assume you cover server expenses out of or mostly out of pocket for the server itself? 

This is not intended to be an angry rant but it does sadden me that 10 years later this project is only a WIP. I can not find any logical explanation why this is only a WIP? I mean the project will never be 100% accurate at launch but why not push patches to update units and functions as needed at this point? I'm not saying you guys have to release this now, I just can not find any logical explanation as to why this project is only a WIP 10 years later?

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2012 at 2:35 AM, Rafael said:

Out of curiosity, does this Aerial fully work in game?

11 minutes ago, Xplorer4x4 said:

@Stan if you don't mind me asking, I assume you cover server expenses out of or mostly out of pocket for the server itself? 

A really big part comes from ADS :) The rest comes from me indeed

12 minutes ago, Xplorer4x4 said:

So I am a bit confused here. This sounds a bit on the opposite end of what I am getting from Stan's post. Point being is I just jumped back in the deep end here. I was planning to be back around Jan-Feb but life happens.

The people that wish to play mods came back from 5/2017/2020 indeed. But this doesn't change that a lot of people stopped indeed

4 hours ago, TearsPlays said:

this mod has legit been WIP for almost 10 years (a decade) is there any planned release date

Asking for release dates is against site rules. You already did this in another thread so you should really be careful. There will be stronger consequences if  you keep this up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1