bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Bug: When the ladder is activated/extended, and you hit rapid deployment, it causes a script error. 

Bug 2: If medics carry a patient to an ambulance rather than stretcher them, they get stuck in an endless loop when trying to unload at the hospital. 

Bug 3: The city police suv deactivates its emergency lights if you activate the directional lights. 

Bug 4. The beaverfield brush truck doesn't allow you to pump water. 

Bug 5: Log file for a crash related to siren.script. Not sure what I did to trigger it. 
https://pastebin.pl/view/681e6e9f  

Bug 6: The start incident button in the debug menu does not work. Is there a way to turn up the frequency of events? 

Bug 7:  Cardio arrest patients can be transported by a corner without being checked by a detective. Shouldn't this really be a medical examiner? I was working on something like this at one time. Simply had the script add a special flag to the deceased when they get covered with the trap and then corners could not transport until they had been checked by an examiner. 

I'd like to see you set up different patrol scripts for each police dept to have them focus on more specific areas. The park ranger could take the bottom sector and patrol the woods and nearby streets. The Police patrol in town and so forth.

• Upvote 3

On 3/14/2023 at 12:30 AM, Xplorer4x4 said:

Bug: When the ladder is activated/extended, and you hit rapid deployment, it causes a script error. 

Bug 2: If medics carry a patient to an ambulance rather than stretcher them, they get stuck in an endless loop when trying to unload at the hospital. 

Bug 3: The city police suv deactivates its emergency lights if you activate the directional lights. 

Bug 4. The beaverfield brush truck doesn't allow you to pump water. 

Bug 5: Log file for a crash related to siren.script. Not sure what I did to trigger it. 
https://pastebin.pl/view/681e6e9f  

Bug 6: The start incident button in the debug menu does not work. Is there a way to turn up the frequency of events? 

Bug 7:  Cardio arrest patients can be transported by a corner without being checked by a detective. Shouldn't this really be a medical examiner? I was working on something like this at one time. Simply had the script add a special flag to the deceased when they get covered with the trap and then corners could not transport until they had been checked by an examiner. 

I'd like to see you set up different patrol scripts for each police dept to have them focus on more specific areas. The park ranger could take the bottom sector and patrol the woods and nearby streets. The Police patrol in town and so forth.

Only thing I know outa all of this is the when directional lights are turned on I think he purposely made it that way, a good few if the vehicles have similar actions. And the park ranger is the only who patrols through parking lot where the woods are and down by the fish and wildlife station

Not sure if I am just losing my mind, but I can not figure out how to ventilate a roof. Before anyone asks, I have read the mod guides. I install the DVFD Ladder and/or the ground ladder to the roof and send a firefighter up with a full SCBA tank and a K-12 equipped. I have moved him around the entire rough to find a spot to cut but when I hit "vent roof," it says not available at this time. Any help on this would be great.

28 minutes ago, turtle7896 said:

Not sure if I am just losing my mind, but I can not figure out how to ventilate a roof. Before anyone asks, I have read the mod guides. I install the DVFD Ladder and/or the ground ladder to the roof and send a firefighter up with a full SCBA tank and a K-12 equipped. I have moved him around the entire rough to find a spot to cut but when I hit "vent roof," it says not available at this time. Any help on this would be great.

You need to have a crew inside to vent the roof

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

is there way to change the MPFD ff speed? those firefighters are noticably faster than other FFs from the mutal aid depts and I know its sooo minor but I cant unsee it lol. Also read the read me again, just refreshing my self, does the ctrl + moveto command make the vehicle go faster? like is that in the game yet and if so what am I doing wrong, I have the two MPPD vics "racing" each others and they continue to run the same speed

Thank you. This has been a lovely experience well worth the wait. This made me come back and redownload EM4 after years.

I have run into a bug where I am unable to call TEC vehicles. I first assumed that maybe it needed to be called by police officers but there was no mention of that in the User Guide. I followed the instructions of fellow dispatchers and reinstalled the mod that to no prevail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Once again to the whole team... thank you. :)

1 hour ago, jennaEMS said:

Thank you. This has been a lovely experience well worth the wait. This made me come back and redownload EM4 after years.

I have run into a bug where I am unable to call TEC vehicles. I first assumed that maybe it needed to be called by police officers but there was no mention of that in the User Guide. I followed the instructions of fellow dispatchers and reinstalled the mod that to no prevail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Once again to the whole team... thank you. :)

You should be able to just click on the TEC tab on the lower dispatch area and then move your cursor back onto the playing area, once you do that, typically the TEC units show up on the dispatch menu. They can't be called by the Police or Fire Dispatchers, only from the vehicle ordering menu.

By far this is my favorite mod just because of the small details it has. Being able to disable callout if you play like me and like setup units for call out before i start playing. Also that each unit has a purpose and not just being in their category. good mod and can't wait for the next update.

• Like 1

One question regarding the debug script function,

It has a "change difficulty" tab and it goes up to 2. What's the function of this? I've changed it to 2 a couple times and haven't noticed a huge change. I've noticed a few different callouts that I haven't gotten before but that's about it.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CFDDIVE11 said:

One question regarding the debug script function,

It has a "change difficulty" tab and it goes up to 2. What's the function of this? I've changed it to 2 a couple times and haven't noticed a huge change. I've noticed a few different callouts that I haven't gotten before but that's about it.

It doesnt actually change difficulty in naturally spawning callouts. Rather it's intended for use when forcing callouts using the debug menu.

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2023 at 5:40 AM, mrpoliceemsfirel said:

Hey is anybody else having difficulty using ladders or the ladder truck at the apartments behind the department store and pharmacy?

Think they said not all buildings are enterable with the script which would make it where you don't need to vent it

Also don't know if this BUG was found, but when I put units on stand-by, like Sheriff or highway patrol or the BEMS Supervisor, and click the button to call them, their lights and sirens turn on as if they're responding but they don't move

On 2/4/2021 at 9:05 PM, itchboy said:

Absolutely. Red in front and rear is the minimum requirement and since there was no mention of sirens, I'll assume it means there's no siren privileges. I'll also assume that because of the red being mentioned, other lights like amber and white may flash as well but not blue because that's LEO.

I was wondering, are POVS in Montana considered as emergency vehicles? I've been hounding the emergency vehicles definition in Montana State Law, but it's not being helpful!

On 5/25/2023 at 1:57 AM, Johhnnyy said:

I was wondering, are POVS in Montana considered as emergency vehicles? I've been hounding the emergency vehicles definition in Montana State Law, but it's not being helpful!

I've been looking too and so far didn't find much.

I did see some youtube videos that showed their POV's as having only front/rear lighting and very basic setups. I also found another response video where no siren was audible however it is not conclusive proof of sirens not being allowed.

If I were to interpret the law literally, POV's are only allowed red lights. The statute lists nothing on siren amps and it could be interpreted as "beyond the scope of the law" or it's a legal loophole.

Maybe somoene from the state can confirm.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 8:15 PM, itchboy said:

I did see some youtube videos that showed their POV's as having only front/rear lighting and very basic setups. I also found another response video where no siren was audible however it is not conclusive proof of sirens not being allowed.

If I were to interpret the law literally, POV's are only allowed red lights. The statute lists nothing on siren amps and it could be interpreted as "beyond the scope of the law" or it's a legal loophole.

The Montana government website said that every authorized emergency vehicle shall be equipped by visual and audible warning devices. This is mentioned in Section 2a of Montana State Statute 61-9-402 . But only red lights are mentioned on POVS as per Montana State Statute 61-9-227. So maybe they're not emergency vehicles???

https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0610/chapter_0090/part_0040/section_0020/0610-0090-0040-0020.html

https://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/title_0610/chapter_0090/part_0020/section_0270/0610-0090-0020-0270.html

I suggest contacting a Montana traffic lawyer, a cop, firefighter, or even a State government official, someone who may have an idea on the status of POVS.

For Montana State Statute 61-9-227, they said POV lights are red, and emergency lights are red. But authorized emergency vehicles must use lights and sirens. So maybe POVS are emergency vehicles, maybe not.

I have two photos from a local news site in the area that may be the truck in question. 

b1a712_f0d64972498d45e69e3b565ab36d88c7_mv2.thumb.webp.c8692c5358446fc0949615d1032ad568.webp

b1a712_71d6713c7b3c4afd89aa160b1f03ca0d_mv2.thumb.webp.39d97f814f41b01db568acac556f20e3.webp

(Update) Upon further inspection the second picture is not the same as the first. Although the first picture I'm fairly certain is the mack. I'll keep the second pic up incase it may help with another rig.

(Update #2) I found a video from the fire in the first picture and it has a really good view of the back of the mack, and has a rear shot of the even older mack rig.

• Like 2