bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Amazing mod and love it. A few bugs / findings to report so far:

• A couple of events spawn and have a "location" but nothing seems to spawn or happen for them:
    • Missing person
    • Powerline down
  • When you call for backup of vehicles set on standby. Their lights and sirens turn on, but doesn't actually make them move to the location.
  • Calling a BCSO sheriff unit sometimes fails when one is at the city hall. It appears this happens when:
    • the officers have been clicked on before (even if nothing else is done with them)
    • the officers have the traffic vest or tactical vest equipped.
    • but this has also happened to me when the explorer is at the city hall.
  • Hazmat events doesn't seem to actually contaminate people or have a contamination cloud until the event is cleared. Other units can freely walk close and interact with the persons without contamination.
  • Montana Highway police units don't have a "to HQ" command.
  • On the car accident by the hospital with the car in the water, the crane can pickup the car before the diver has searched for the vehicle.
  • Upvote 1

I enjoy this mod a lot especially with the similar callout style to the US Army mod. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this and look forward to future updates.

One issue I've noticed is with the shotgun script. When an officer has the shotgun and you right click on any pedestrian to go into aiming (when you hover over something and the crosshair appears), the fire command fails to work and is bugged for all officers who are the same model, such as all Male MPPD officers for example. If you aim first by clicking the button that's in the menu, then shooting works fine. I hope this description helps, and if need be, I can replicate this with video. Thanks.

Was curious what all the different call types in the mod were and the values to start them so ran through each one and noted it down. Figured other people might find this useful too. Can start these using the debug script menu command at the cop at the police station.

@itchboy these weren't in the manual so let me know if you wanted these to stay random for some reason, and I'll delete

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.afdbfaa38a03ca56e27056cf267450ec.png

• Upvote 5

Amazing mod, I have been following this mod since the original version came out years ago! My only biggest suggestion would be that the sheriffs and highway patrol units should be allowed to request more units than just the two or three they have. I like to use them as mutual aid for the local PD when there are bigger incidents so it would be nice to allow maybe 5-6 of the "bigger departments" to respond.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

When I saw Alex's video, I was really surprised at a sudden public release of this. Dusted off the ol' game to give her a try. Great quality!

Traffic can be an issue, with vehicles getting stuck at intersections for unknown reasons (but probably the usual traffic light glitches).

Treatment system is nice, but needing to RTFM outside the game makes it difficult.

Script error. Context: After manually sending ranger to a scene, dispatched two more, and error occurred on second attempt.

!Buy park ranger car
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): Error: Symbol n is not defined in current scope 
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8):  FILE:mod:/scripts/game/command/LACallPatrolCar.script833e8 LINE:495
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): Error: Failed to evaluate n.SetSpeed(12.0f)
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): Possible candidates are...
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): filename       line:size busy function type and name  
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): 
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): !!!Dictionary position rewound... 
?(_LACallPatrolCar833e8): !!!Error recovered!!!

• Upvote 1

Bug Reports:

Spoiler
  • DNRC FFs with SCBA cannot enter a building. I get the no SCBA message.
  • Chief cannot use the alarm panel at the back of the boutique, but a detective can.
  • Illegal burn by the animal pen at the North East corner of the map. Had a FWPR arrive and move the bags. FWPR is unable to drop those bags. and trying to place one in the truck will cause the truck and the FWPR to become unusable. 
  • Sheriff vehicles will sometimes refuse to return to station, even when their initial parking spot is still open.
  • Sometimes transporting two suspects back to the PD. The spawned officer to get the second suspect just stands still. 

Thank you for creating a great mod! 

• Upvote 1

Didn't see anyone report this yet.  I call the DNR fire units for brush fires, use the rapid deploy, they hook up the hose, and extinguish for like 1 second and stop.  Verify the other person is operating the pump, no change.  Now if I click on the EXTINGUISH command, they drop the hose like they put a wye on it and hook up a new hose, only to spray for a second again, and stop.

• Upvote 1

Today, I am having a run at fixing the issues with the mod. Later on as the day goes along, I will update this post with what I've been able to get through and fix.

The volunteer script changes will be done later on because it requires a major rewrite of the code.

Spoiler

I wont post pictures of everything except the most major changes

First off, drafting finally works. The command was randomly hidden and refused to appear ingame for some reason.image.png

- Pepperspray script works now as well

- I have the SAR trailer fixed for goHome and parking script

- The missing car accident by the south east is fixed but I still cannot figure out why the oil spills break on some incidents. I might revert to a different method of spawning them that is more accurate.

- Shotgun bug fixed

- Fixed command icons to some commands

- Fixed wheels on police Explorer

- Fixed bugged missing person callout

- I will be deleting the powerline callout until I actually make one

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

hello all right ham I'm making some particular modifications to the map, if you creators want I'll send this montana map re-updated I'm trying hard to make the modified completely I'll leave my discord for contact -_TiO_TiO_OmaR.ExE_-# 2716

I'm learning to work with mods but I don't know how to work with this yet, but if there are errors on the map, I apologize.

190669293_Em42023-01-0414-56-40.thumb.png.b8423dfb57c39dac63905852d727f13a.png

11 horas atrás, itchboy disse:

Revelar conteúdos ocultos

Não vou postar fotos de tudo, exceto as mudanças mais importantes

Em primeiro lugar, o rascunho finalmente funciona. O comando foi escondido aleatoriamente e se recusou a aparecer no jogo por algum motivo.imagem.png

- O script Pepperspray funciona agora também

- Eu tenho o trailer SAR corrigido para goHome e script de estacionamento

- O acidente de carro desapareceu no sudeste foi consertado, mas ainda não consigo entender por que os derramamentos de água ocorrem em alguns incidentes. Posso reverter para um método diferente de gerá-los que seja mais preciso.

- Bug da espiada corrigido

- Ícones de comando corrigidos para alguns comandos

- Rodas fixas no explorador da polícia

- Corrigida chamada de pessoa desaparecida com bug

- Excluirei a chamada powerline até que eu realmente faça uma

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

10 hours ago, TIO OMAR said:

hello all right ham I'm making some particular modifications to the map, if you creators want I'll send this montana map re-updated I'm trying hard to make the modified completely I'll leave my discord for contact -_TiO_TiO_OmaR.ExE_-# 2716

I'm learning to work with mods but I don't know how to work with this yet, but if there are errors on the map, I apologize.

While I appreciate your interest in the mod, please don't share any edits you make to the mod. Please keep it to yourself because we explicitly do not allow edits of the mod to be uploaded.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, itchboy said:

Embora eu aprecie seu interesse no mod, não compartilhe nenhuma edição que você fizer no mod. Por favor, guarde para si mesmo porque explicitamente não permitimos que edições do mod sejam carregadas.

correct, well I have no intention of sharing even the mod took a lot of work to change certain things on the map but I am grateful that you answered me in a simple and direct way. thanks for listening

• Like 1

Hey itch, I’ve started to run into a problem with Montana 2.5. The firefighters are not able to get back into the vehicles for me. The only option that pops up are the pump switch and fire extinguisher. Any help would be appreciated thanks. Edit- I’ve tried reinstalling the mod same thing happens

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, anonym said:

Hello

it is a nice Mod. I searched Freeplay mod where i have only one emergency to handle. But i have two big problems.

1. i can't extinguish building fires although all available unit try to extinguish the fire with a fire hose.

2. i can't deinstall the ladder

Building fires can only be extinguished via an Interior Attack - the manual details how to complete this.

I suffer the same issue, but the ladder can be deinstalled by pressing 'Return to HQ', you can then retask the ladder before it leaves the map.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@itchboy 

Been playing the mod for a while now and have not really run into any game altering issues. I want to say that I love some of the fine details that you have implemented into the mod including having a police unit automatically follow an ambulance when that ambulance is transporting either a suspect or an injured officer. Bravo!  One of the issues I did have was in reference to the Montana User Guide that came with the mod, as stated on page 11 to get a BLS unit from off map requires you to press Shift + Click but on my end of the mod it seems to only work on left CTRL + Click, This only seems to be for calling a BLS ambulance while all other times needing to use a Shift + Click for grabbing sand for the oil portions of car accidents or grabbing the K12 Saw works correctly.  Not technically a game altering bug but maybe a possible typo within the user guide.  Keep up the amazing work!

• Upvote 1

Disregard original post, it didn't want to load the one above. Fun.

Either way, I did notice the utility truck and both tow trucks will always drive at top speed, whereas everything else only does that with sirens on. I want to say the coroner van didn't do that though, so I have no idea if it's related to them not having sirens, or being in the TEC category. 

Other than that, things have been fairly smooth sailing with no unreported problems I think and I'm still very much enjoying the mod :)

• Like 1