bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

10 hours ago, eserys30 said:

Small bug. During the stray/lost animal call-out, you can use the park ranger to lead the animal and load it into the truck, however, if you do that, you can't unload it from the truck after and you're forced to send the car with the animal to the station and force-finish the call-out using the debug menu.

If you click on the icon in the truck passenger UI it will drop the animal back off next to the truck. You can then have the ranger lead it again

Amazing mod! truly a joy to play and i haven't even started touching most of the events running scripts with saws, advanced medical and such. I've noticed a few bugs here and there, nothing that can't be solved with the clear call script if need be. But my major issue right now is since upgrading from an older processor to a brand new i5-13600k ye olde traffic light issue has made the map almost unplayable as traffic clogs the town up in about 3 minutes. Itch mentioned mentioned in an old thread that there was a blanket fix available on a german forum, anyone know which one it would be and what to search?  

The bugs i've encountered so far: 

Vehicle-animal accident: struck animal being returned to the wildlife management's office does not always complete the "remove animal" goal. When questioned driver sometimes says that they want to file a report or something akin to that, but they will only go into the ambulance if i remember correctly.

Vehicle collision: Sometimes the vehicles does not appear, only the wreckage. Sometimes the oil spills are bugged (happened in the northernmost intersection leading out of the town) and will clip through the ground, and some will not be reachable. Sometimes the "transport victims" will complete on it's own without the victim having been transported.

Vehicles sometimes get stuck in intersections, seems like it's usually ones without traffic lights.  

36 minutes ago, Mrtucker555 said:

yes drafting is implemented, you need to read the mod read me in your Montana 2.5 mod folder, that and the medical system instructions are in there, and it runs you through how to draft.

Well when the guide which I already read said make sure my vehicle is positioned properly with the parking script what does that mean? I’ve try that in multiple locations, I don’t even see the icon on my screen, never shows up. Where precisely can I use the suction works and how do I “position” the truck I’ve read the guide but with only two creeks there no where else to suction out of. So can someone please give me a answer that just isn't read the guide, I did, I don't know why when I park my engines next to the water, I don't know how close, how far, even when the side of my trucks are square sideways to the creeks, there is no Icon for the suction hose

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hill12 said:

Well when the guide which I already read said make sure my vehicle is positioned properly with the parking script what does that mean? I’ve try that in multiple locations, I don’t even see the icon on my screen, never shows up. Where precisely can I use the suction works and how do I “position” the truck I’ve read the guide but with only two creeks there no where else to suction out of. So can someone please give me a answer that just isn't read the guide, I did, I don't know why when I park my engines next to the water, I don't know how close, how far, even when the side of my trucks are square sideways to the creeks, there is no Icon for the suction hose

Currently I believe  there is no feature to suction water out of ponds, rivers, lakes, etc.
There are a few ways:
1, connect a tanker into a engine/brush truck to keep it water supply positive 
2, get a tanker to drop the portable pond, from there you can dump water from the tanker's water supply, (the portable pond has 3-4 supply connections and the water tanker has one) and then you can supply 3-4 engines/brush trucks with a single water supply, and can keep refilling it with the different tankers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tamir said:

Currently I believe  there is no feature to suction water out of ponds, rivers, lakes, etc.
There are a few ways:
1, connect a tanker into a engine/brush truck to keep it water supply positive 
2, get a tanker to drop the portable pond, from there you can dump water from the tanker's water supply, (the portable pond has 3-4 supply connections and the water tanker has one) and then you can supply 3-4 engines/brush trucks with a single water supply, and can keep refilling it with the different tankers

Ok I was wondering after a quick browse through some files and stuff, there is a icon for it, the script is is there I believe and the engines have the script in the list that they have, so I was dead confused why it’s not working for me lol

Again, I am watching the thread and seeing people's issues.

Right now my strategy is to fix the worst bugs like the missing and failed callouts. There are other things that can't be changed like callout variance. There is no file to configure the frequency of certain calls. It really is random and I have no way of giving a specific event more "weight".

The volunteer script issues are something I plan on fixing as well but I will need some guidance. Would it be better to add more POV's responding to station or should I program a few extra ones to always drive to scene ahead of the apparatus?

I know this was discussed previously but I'd like to hear people's thoughts. Adding this feature will take longer to release the bugfixes.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, itchboy said:

Right now my strategy is to fix the worst bugs like the missing and failed callouts. There are other things that can't be changed like callout variance. There is no file to configure the frequency of certain calls. It really is random and I have no way of giving a specific event more "weight".

The volunteer script issues are something I plan on fixing as well but I will need some guidance. Would it be better to add more POV's responding to station or should I program a few extra ones to always drive to scene ahead of the apparatus?

I know this was discussed previously but I'd like to hear people's thoughts. Adding this feature will take longer to release the bugfixes.

Just units to go to station, I’d personally prefer a fuller truck, obviously something cool would be a randomized amount of volunteers that respond each time, however that would take a fair bit of time, nonetheless for brush fires I like having the brush, engine and tanker go out, so personnel simply going to station would be nice. Also Itchboy, what am I doing wrong? I try to use the suction hose but no matter where or how I park my engines next to the water I the icon never shows for me, I did read the guide, but I just wanna know if it’s something I’m doing or if something is broken?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have noticed when I start the game that the mpfd truck has 4 spaces but when called it changes to two personnel spaces.

On the other hand, I used the ladder truck and a firefighter with the saw and another rescue (out of curiosity) both went up with their butts up haha, and then the firefighter with a rescue scuba couldn't get down. when clicking on the stairs, it only came out for the fire extinguisher object
thanks.
I have also not been able to rescue people from inside buildings, they do not directly enter.

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

I feel like have a few Volly's responding to the scene can be useful, if i think of the odor of gas callout, it would prevent sending an entire engine crew to the call if a couple guys arrive first and can tell if it's a false alarm or not. You could then cancel the engine quicker since there's no need for a response.. Also, i feel like it kinda matches the small town vibe if we get guys directly on scene too. 

• Upvote 1

Amazing mod Itchboy. Only 2 recommendations. Add a randomness to the towtrucks so we are not always getting the newer towtruck. I noticed the older tow truck in the editor. But the only tow truck that seems to spawn in the newer one. Only other issue is that only 4 POVs spawn when there are 9 in the editor. But the other 5 don't have lights so I am thinking they are not done yet.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, itchboy said:

Firstly, this is a fantastic mod and I have been having a great time playing it - massive congrats to you itchboy (and everyone else involved) for doing an incredible job. I think any bugs I've had have already been mentioned elsewhere and nothing I've had has broken the game.

Interestingly, I thought the lack of volunteers was a deliberate choice. Going along with the small town vibe, the fact there's only four blokes available makes you choose your resources carefully and make use of mutual aid. Personally, if the volunteer numbers are increased, I'd prefer them respond to the station as I don't like sending things to the scene that I don't have direct control over. 

6 hours ago, mcflame1 said:

Amazing mod Itchboy. Only 2 recommendations. Add a randomness to the towtrucks so we are not always getting the newer towtruck. I noticed the older tow truck in the editor. But the only tow truck that seems to spawn in the newer one. Only other issue is that only 4 POVs spawn when there are 9 in the editor. But the other 5 don't have lights so I am thinking they are not done yet.

I think this might also be a victim of randomisation - I've had the older tow truck in game once, compared to the newer one about ten times, but it did appear!

• Upvote 1

Personally I like the volunteer system as-is.  I don't think you need to add more -- I know in a few of the towns close to me, they're lucky if they get 3 guys on a call sometimes and are really hurting for members, and these towns are way bigger than Monida Pass in the mod!  The gamble with how many volunteers you'll get makes the mutual aid departments actually useful.  A lot of times with other mods, I use the same trucks on the map and never call mutual aid because I don't need to but this makes you utilize different resources. 

Amazing just amazing mod thank you Itch and everyone that worked on it. 

Just wondering before I say its a bug, is anybody else not having a texture for the K12 saw loading so it just appears invisible? Also I cannot for the life of me work out the Oil - Broom situation, no matter what I click or on what vehicle I cannot access either the oil or broom. It shows the buttons on the UI but if I click on it and then the fire engine nothing happens at all, any tips?  

48 minutes ago, warden51 said:

Amazing just amazing mod thank you Itch and everyone that worked on it. 

Just wondering before I say its a bug, is anybody else not having a texture for the K12 saw loading so it just appears invisible? Also I cannot for the life of me work out the Oil - Broom situation, no matter what I click or on what vehicle I cannot access either the oil or broom. It shows the buttons on the UI but if I click on it and then the fire engine nothing happens at all, any tips?  

I think you need to click on the hand icon, the "use" button while your guy is holding the binder agent, then where the car was, look for a place for the guy is able to use it, same for broom on the binder

52 minutes ago, hill12 said:

I think you need to click on the hand icon, the "use" button while your guy is holding the binder agent, then where the car was, look for a place for the guy is able to use it, same for broom on the binder

Nevermind just found out I need the Rescue appliance for the Oil-Broom. Just the invisible K12 I need to solve now

Edited by warden51
Not doing my research before posting

On 12/30/2022 at 7:56 AM, itchboy said:

I think adding a randomized number of POVs going to the scene or even to the station would be nice. In a small community it's not very uncommon to see POVs going across town to they call if they live closer to the call than they do the station.

On 12/30/2022 at 8:56 AM, itchboy said:

I would say direct to station. Unless they begin carrying fire extinguishers and SCBA. Otherwise theres not much need having them go direct to scene when all the equipment is on the apparatus. Maybe add more command options for the chief. So while the chief maintains the current commands they have, they can perform the same actions as any other FF. Like using a hose or making a connection, etc. Since the chief always goes direct to scenes anyways.

7 hours ago, warden51 said:

Nevermind just found out I need the Rescue appliance for the Oil-Broom. Just the invisible K12 I need to solve now

For the K12, its similar to the broom. Hold shift while in the equipment menu.

Amazing mod. As a firefighter who likes to stage scenes realistically in the game the new scripts are incredible. 

Any chance you bring back the stretcher script that let the EMT/Paramedic drop the stretcher in place and pick it back up? Loved that for the realism, but also with there now being a benefit to treating with more than one provider it would be way more convenient to bring the cot over instead of having to send someone back to the unit.

Would also love at least a second ladder truck/more of all police/fire units overall.

Couple bugs I've run into are the regular traffic backups that I just debug and when FFs went interior on the courthouse all the units turned invisible. haven't had that problem anywhere else.

Then a few things with the traffic redirect script.

• Sometimes my own units, even when driver less, get pulled into the redirect path
  • Have also had traffic cones start following it
  • Have had cars coming from the opposite direction start following it and then get caught in an endless loop
  • Upvote 1