bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

To keep it simple because this is starting to get out of hand:

I've been retro-pilled and don't have much motivation to work on modern assets and vehicles. That includes working on this mod.

I will release it but I won't be adding all those modern new up to date vehicles seen on social media or other sources.

This mod is being worked on, kinda, but I have a lot more enthusiasm for my older projects.

I'll see you guys in this thread when the mod is ready.

Everyone, please chill the fuck out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

On 11/13/2022 at 7:41 PM, paleocacher said:

Itchboy will be finished when he's finished. It took six plus years for the Miami Mod to finally be released and its a gorgeous piece of work that several people worked very hard on. Have patience and when the mod is released, you'll be able to enjoy it along with the rest of us.

I'm plenty patient, nothing about what I said was impatient. I was commenting on how this community has a tendency to downvote bomb anything that isn't kissing the feet of mod devs. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, itchboy said:

I have some updates for this, though minor.image.png
image.png

Trailer model by CanadianFrog. Chevy C3500 by bama1234, Ford F350 by MikeyPI.

Special thanks to the Youtube channels who uploaded video of these vehicles. We would never have known about these otherwise.

Glad to see someone still wrenching on older mods. Looking forward to another American themed mod! Those models are awesome!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, itchboy said:

I have some updates for this, though minor.image.png
image.png

Trailer model by CanadianFrog. Chevy C3500 by bama1234, Ford F350 by MikeyPI.

Special thanks to the Youtube channels who uploaded video of these vehicles. We would never have known about these otherwise.

Interesting. Are you planning on using the LA mod's trailer script for that or you have other plans in mind?

Do we know for sure that they are using Itchboy's models for their mod? Some of the vehicle's especially the county fire engines look similar to the original Montana models, but their page says the vehicles are reskins from their other projects. It might just be that they decided to model a Montana mod in the same fictional town and county because they were inspired by the original mod but they haven't actually stolen anything. 

I mean, it sucks that they didn't come up with an original idea and haven't credited Itchboy for the idea of the town of Monida Pass being a location for a mod, but maybe they aren't thieves? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, paleocacher said:

Do we know for sure that they are using Itchboy's models for their mod? Some of the vehicle's especially the county fire engines look similar to the original Montana models, but their page says the vehicles are reskins from their other projects. It might just be that they decided to model a Montana mod in the same fictional town and county because they were inspired by the original mod but they haven't actually stolen anything. 

I mean, it sucks that they didn't come up with an original idea and haven't credited Itchboy for the idea of the town of Monida Pass being a location for a mod, but maybe they aren't thieves? 

I'm curious, so I had a look through myself.

I am sure it's using West Falls vehicle models that were reskinned. Kinda ironic considering I helped make that mod too. I don't know the usage rules that Slate/Dennis put together for that but I personally think he's getting screwed because he worked on those rigs too.

Have they stolen anything? For the time being, no, because I haven't seen their credits file or if they've borrowed any code that wasn't supposed to be out. I wouldnt know unless I had the files, which I dont, so I won't make any claims on my end.

Where I do disagree is that they're releasing a reskin mod of the same area, same idea, and using Montana assets, some of which weren't allowed for reuse in other mods. I can't keep track of them all but there's quite a bit that I did not allow for repackaging into other projects.

I'll leave it to bama to make a decision on this, because this mod isn't my idea, but his. It's also his map, his map texture, and I will have to hear from him directly if he gave permission for his texture and map work to be altered and redistributed.

I don't have an exclusive monopoly over LA or Montana, but they could have chosen to be more original, or made more content than what I see here. The whole project is low effort and doesn't actually do anything to elevate the game.

What do I plan on doing about this? Nothing until I have proof. The most I can do right now is put together a better project and let the work speak for itself.

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, itchboy said:

qWuyQ5D.png

Photo title: "Dillon MT 1955 American La France pumper Fire Apparatus Slide"

Another retro Dillon VFD engine has surfaced. Hopefully more pictures become available.

I believe this is the one that made its way to Waco after retirement. There's a few news articles on that rig with photos but all are blocked with a subscription.

I think I posted dillons entire older lineup awhile back. There's a Mack CF (which according to facebook is still in use) and a newer lafrance along with a truck similar to the lima VFD ford you had posted awhile back.

This one randomly jumped out at me but unfortunately all I have is the cab. Beaverhead fire district ALF.

dillon-mt.jpg

• Like 1