bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

They've said before that the current plan is to remove the ungodly buggy version from release. The former version should be considered more of a public beta than a full release in my opinion. They released a mod that was complete for pictures but had many issues, most of which were hard to diagnose with the small team working on it. With the public release more hands can see the issues and try to diagnose them. 

Bama1234 has said that his plan is to update and upgrade, meaning it'll have some more items in, but more importantly, some more functions, be it new or improved. At this time it's probably not going to be a mod that has a previous version still available to download, and instead will likely be replaced soon by the upcoming version, hopefully completely free of major bugs

I recently found the Montana mod after watching many YouTube videos and trying to search for a link to download this mod. Perhaps I just got lucky finding it ^_____^. Anyways, I've seen some really awesome features that I've never seen in any other em4 mod which makes the Montanna mod stand out from the rest in my opinion. I thought of some features in other mods that you could implement in this mod to give it extra detail. keep up the awesome work!

- Add an option to change into EMS reflective coat.

- Have the option for fire fighters to take off turnout gear.

- Take out the black and yellow fire fighters turnout gear. Most volunteer departments I've seen have a tan coat and a yellow helmet.

- PASS device alarm for downed fire fighters. I've figured out how to implement this already but it seems like the fire fighters in this mod can't be killed. (Hopefully fixed in the next version)

- Helicopter with working rotors.

- Textures for the Air ambulance crew

- Ability for Fire/Police dispatch to call more specialty units.

- Ability to grab an assault rifle from the patrol cars (even though the shot gun is pretty bad ass).

- Possibly make a bigger fire station so the ambulance can be stationed there.

- Make a garage next to the Ranger Station for a USFS fire truck

- Limit the Rangers patrol path to the forest areas.

- Add in a Highschool with a football field for a small town American look. (Much needed. I'm sick of seeing soccer fields haha)

- Add more fire hydrants near commercial and residential areas.

( These are only suggestions ) Feel free to leave input and your thoughts.

• Upvote 6

I don't think he's doing much more unit/map changes at the moment, just bug fixes. But since I'm bored I'll toss in a suggestion or two.

-Keep the small number of units on-map.

-Make the Park Ranger have a unique skin instead of the border patrol skin

-A school would be a cool idea

-IDK if its even possible but it would be really neat to have different units have different patrol paths (police in the city only, sheriff's department outside the city, park ranger in forest/wild only)

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Fred03 said:

-IDK if its even possible but it would be really neat to have different units have different patrol paths (police in the city only, sheriff's department outside the city, park ranger in forest/wild only)

It's entirely possible. You would just need a patrol command for each separate path. IE: PatrolForest for the Rangers patrol path, and so on.

On 2/5/2016 at 5:36 AM, TheAxeMan33 said:

The current amount of hydrants make it realitic, you won't have a hydrant for every location, that's why we have tankers, to shuttle water.

I have to be honest, this is one of those realism things that I really would advocate against. I understand that many people want realism and can appreciate it, but I personally have found that even with scripts like a tanker shuttle that it becomes less enjoyable personally. I'm sure many people who play more primarily for fires won't agree with me, but I think others that aren't quite as fire-heavy as I am would concur that one thing they can't stand is having half of the map red. Sorry if this sounded like a rant. 

4 hours ago, AgentSmith6 said:

I have to be honest, this is one of those realism things that I really would advocate against. I understand that many people want realism and can appreciate it, but I personally have found that even with scripts like a tanker shuttle that it becomes less enjoyable personally. I'm sure many people who play more primarily for fires won't agree with me, but I think others that aren't quite as fire-heavy as I am would concur that one thing they can't stand is having half of the map red. Sorry if this sounded like a rant. 

I'd like to second this - I don't roleplay fires as much so it would be nice to add more hydrants, but understandable if you don't. I don't know how hard it would be to make two different versions, otherwise I'd suggest that. 

8 hours ago, Dominik Baum said:

wo gahn ich mir mod downloden

As gunswat said, the download was removed as it wasn't the most stable. The team are working on a new release.

Also, please stick to English on the forum, or at least provide a translation with your post for the majority who only speak English.

On 3/28/2016 at 9:05 PM, josemanuel1083@hotmail.com said:

Hi i need thid mod montana mod 2.01   where can dowload

At the moment the download link has been taken down. You might be able to find an old copy floating around the internet somewhere if you looked hard enough.

I personally like the lack of hydrants. However having only one tanker is a problem in my eyes. I was hoping a tanker or two would be added for the city as most rural towns have them. Other than that I cannot wait for the new download to come out, keep up the great work!

I have a copy of 2.0 but I'm not sure if the content creators would be cool with me posting a download.

It's a really fun, great looking mod but 2.0 is pretty messy. For example on hydrants: There is a command that says 'extend hose here' which allows an FF to pull the line all the way out, drop the end, grab another and add that section. With that in mind it's much easier to deal with water supply while not making it too easy or having you do a tank convoy....... except every time I press the 'extend hose here' button the game crashes with

?Prototype not found: mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/06 Objects/fire_hose_extension.e4p
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

Now that could just be me (I have 911 version bought digitally) but on a map like Montana it's a pretty key element, without it you're shuffling tankers and can't use your ariels very effectively. So I can see why the devs removed what I presume is the version I have. Unless I hear otherwise I will not be posting the file. Sorry guys, I don't want to get in trouble in my first few posts or mess with the creators of content I enjoy. I really hope this mod goes somewhere with a new release. (Please make a new release? Please? I swear I'll give you all the money in my pocket...$45.90 if we get a new release lol)  Really though I'm having a lot of fun with it,...I just need my couplings to work! lol jk obviously a lot of time was put into this and it shows.

13 minutes ago, PvP_Master0000 said:

Hey people i just found a realease of this reply if u want the copy!

I'm pretty sure you have to ask Bama/itchboy if it's ok first.