bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 1/19/2022 at 3:46 PM, 65bella said:

how about itchboy confirm this issue   @itchboy

Itchboy has been hard at work lately, but as the creator and his partner, I will say that I don't necessarily have an issue with people circulating the old version if they choose to do so... but it doesn't need to be done on the public posts in this thread. What users do in private messaging is totally up to them.

Essentially there's no hard feelings, we just don't want the old unstable version to be "advertised" for lack of a better term in this thread. We want the focus here to be on the improvements being made and on stability for the next version.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, bama1234 said:

Itchboy has been hard at work lately, but as the creator and his partner, I will say that I don't necessarily have an issue with people circulating the old version if they choose to do so... but it doesn't need to be done on the public posts in this thread. What users do in private messaging is totally up to them.

Essentially there's no hard feelings, we just don't want the old unstable version to be "advertised" for lack of a better term in this thread. We want the focus here to be on the improvements being made and on stability for the next version.

glad to hear some common sense from you bama. The white knights on this thread are pounding their desks rn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 1/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, bama1234 said:

thanks @bama1234 for clarifying it sorry bothering you and others just didnt know and its better to ask then just saying at least i think cant wait to see what itchboy has in store . i only tagged him to try to solve the issue. and didnt know his wishes since the link was removed again sorry

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

NGL I am, like many others, tired of all these mods that people start developing, then drop the project to work on another one, and that is a continuous cycle. I dont get why the download link had to be removed, let us play the old montana mod while we wait for the new one to finish if it ever gets finished.

• Downvote 6

On 1/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, bama1234 said:

How is the old montana mod unstable? I never experienced issues with it. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TearsPlays said:

NGL I am, like many others, tired of all these mods that people start developing, then drop the project to work on another one, and that is a continuous cycle. I dont get why the download link had to be removed, let us play the old montana mod while we wait for the new one to finish if it ever gets finished.

1. This was never dropped.
  2. Itchboy has had life happen to him.
  3. You cannot expect everyone to be working on everything all the time. 
  4. Life is always more important than gaming.
  5. Not everyone has all the free time in the world.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

Hes been working on this for like 3 years, in the last 3 years hes also done a ton of other projects, thats why i am saying they need to work on 1 at a time instead of 50 at a time

19 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

It still doesnt make sense why they had to completely get rid of the montana mod download link

• Downvote 6

3 hours ago, TearsPlays said:

Hes been working on this for like 3 years, in the last 3 years hes also done a ton of other projects, thats why i am saying they need to work on 1 at a time instead of 50 at a time

It still doesnt make sense why they had to completely get rid of the montana mod download link

V2.0.1 had a lot of bugs and crashes hence the removal. You also have to remember not everyone is motivated the same way to work on the same project. Look at the Miami Mod for instance it was about 8 years till the version we see now was out. Just need to be patient and wait. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Squad 65 said:

V2.0.1 had a lot of bugs and crashes hence the removal. You also have to remember not everyone is motivated the same way to work on the same project. Look at the Miami Mod for instance it was about 8 years till the version we see now was out. Just need to be patient and wait. 

i literally had 0 issues with the mod at all

• Downvote 5

On the one hand, it's understandable being tired of seeing mods in development that then don't get released. There are some mods that I really liked to have come out, but didn't. On the other hand, however, we have to be in the mods developers' shoes. Modding is not a paid job, it's done in the free time they have. And as anyone else, they can get tired of what they do, of the projects they're working on, and want to put them aside to do something different on the game, or just stop modding for a while. Or maybe something has happened in their social life, family, jobs, health... that is more importante and has made them change priorities. Or they can simply have less time.

So, be respectful, these people spend a long time doing this stuff for free, with the time they have available, and telling them what they should do with their very own free time, or with the old version (which in my case is unstable and has performance issues), is going to do nothing but burning them out and discourage them to continue.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 4/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, Squad 65 said:

Been a few years.

I am legit curious why you guys are taking this approach? With all due respect, it just feels like you guys are under a nothing is enough approach. Why not put out a base project that be updated for years to come with new features both big and small? Either way keep up the good work guys! Hopefully one day the community will actually get to enjoy all the projects you guys are committed to these days. 

• Upvote 2

I get both sides But the minor once in a while glitch I had was not enough for me to stop enjoying it. I lost my computer so I am rebuilding everything ad I missed this one. Put a play at your own risk label on it and let people enjoy it as it was, no one is forcing you to play it if you're unhappy. I know life happens I had a major life shift too I get it. It also irks me when someone starts a project, stops moving to another, and never finishes the first. If you do that then don't say anything I hate getting excited about something for nothing. (like the NY MOD)  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/11/2022 at 4:51 PM, Sammiplayz said:

I think most people don't realise how un-important EM4 Is when it comes to real life, obviously itchboy is busy therefore shouldn't be expected to continue this modification until he is able to again.

This right here ^

Keep in mind as well that when we had the last release available to the public, the sentiment was quite different, while there was a lot of positivity in regards to the content of the mod, we were also getting flooded with bug reports and reports of the mod crashing to desktop quite frequently. The impression we were getting was that it was unplayable for a good number of people, and we couldn't immediately find the fixes, so we figured better to pull it until we had a stable version.

I can't speak for Itchboy, I just know he's been tied up with real life in recent months. As for me, I have quite a lot going on as well, most recently with family, educational commitments, and working to further advance my career.

That being said, I am definitely still committed to this project and I am still actively working on it. Itchboy has been busy, but he's left me with lots of updates and a good template to continue working from. We definitely want to get an updated and stable version out to the public sometime in the next year or so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/14/2022 at 1:27 PM, bama1234 said:

This right here ^

Keep in mind as well that when we had the last release available to the public, the sentiment was quite different, while there was a lot of positivity in regards to the content of the mod, we were also getting flooded with bug reports and reports of the mod crashing to desktop quite frequently. The impression we were getting was that it was unplayable for a good number of people, and we couldn't immediately find the fixes, so we figured better to pull it until we had a stable version.

I can't speak for Itchboy, I just know he's been tied up with real life in recent months. As for me, I have quite a lot going on as well, most recently with family, educational commitments, and working to further advance my career.

That being said, I am definitely still committed to this project and I am still actively working on it. Itchboy has been busy, but he's left me with lots of updates and a good template to continue working from. We definitely want to get an updated and stable version out to the public sometime in the next year or so.

I'd like to add on to this statement, there is loads of progress that was made on this mod(not a mod team member).

As far as itchboy goes,  he has been put out of commission temporarily by a Weather  events that has happened in his home country. Life like always will continue to take priority over a 16 year old game that every mod is being made for free, modding is not a career in the EM4 community.

My last little bit to say is be patient, Itchboy will be back, there is lots of things that he is able to work on just not able to show.

Bama, You and itch have made an amazing product with the mod. I look forward to seeing the finalized product. Amazing Work!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am replying to the older thread of the 2020 parade in Dillion as I've been inactive on this forum for a while. So forgive me for it being an old reply.
Most people have a misrepresented idea of rural small towns in the plains and mountainous regions of America. A lot of people are deeply religious and lean to the right, especially with modern political movements of supporting Law Enforcement supported by numerous right leaning politicians. 
Although most rural and underpopulated departments have older gear compared to bigger populations and agencies with more funding, departments normally get new cars once every 7-10 years, even in extremely underfunded and underpopulated towns. Fire Departments can typically last for longer as they are used a lot less. I remember I stopped and visited a few departments in a lot rural and somewhat populated ruralish area in my state and most of the 10-15+ year old trucks had less than 15-20k miles on them.
You also to imagine that Montana has "frontier" counties, which are counties that are so rural with so much land and sparse population that a lot of people use firearms as means of a way of life. Think of it this way, if you don't live in the largest town in the area, you're probably far away from town/living on a ranch. Jobs aren't that easy to come by in underpopulated areas. Therefore in order to survive the wild, which includes evading bears and other dangerous wildlife, you must have a firearm to live.
You also have to understand that severely rural areas have history of Deputizing people en masse to catch wanted criminals, or allowing citizens to join apprehension task forces.  The most extreme recent example was in Hinsdale County, Colorado where THE Sheriff was killed while chasing a bank robber, leaving his Undersheriff gravely injured. This lead to the Undersheriff to Deputize all citizens in the County and call them up for service in a Sheriff's Posse to begin the search for the bank robbers.

• Upvote 2