bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 23/04/2019 at 4:44 PM, itchboy said:

I just got done creating some concepts for roof venting the other week. Last Sunday, I started work on healing for walking but minor injured civilians. Video for that one coming soon.

I'd have gotten it done sooner but then I have real life responsibilities that take priority over modding. Progress would move a lot faster if more people tried learning how to script, model, texture or make lights for the playable vehicles. I'd really appreciate the help from people. In fact, you could be the person who helps get a difficult mod asset completed.

whats the best program to learn to mod with been a long time scene I have done editing off like chaging a vehcles colour from one to the other or from one department to another and that was for GTA San andreas the old GTA SA so I will be willing to try and learn some modding for Em4 and hopefully learn something new/a new skill

On 4/24/2019 at 8:50 PM, Jennifer93 said:

whats the best program to learn to mod with [...]

Best bet would be zmodeler, my guess is that whatever is the latest release of v2 would work best with importing/exporting. unfortunately as far as I'm aware there aren't any import/export scripts for 3ds max specific to em4

On 4/25/2019 at 9:50 AM, Jennifer93 said:

whats the best program to learn to mod with been a long time scene I have done editing off like chaging a vehcles colour from one to the other or from one department to another and that was for GTA San andreas the old GTA SA so I will be willing to try and learn some modding for Em4 and hopefully learn something new/a new skill

The best program to learn with is the one you are comfortable using.

Dont worry about import/export stuff. Just figure out how to model, and worry about the exporting process later on.

My department carries 16 foot straight ladders and 20 foot straight ladders for second floor access (or they can be used as roof ladders), 24 and 28 foot extension ladders for 2-3 floor access (These consist of one base section and one fly section), and we have one 35 foot extension ladder for 3-4 floor access (this also has one base and one fly). the 16 and 20 footers can be carried by one person, the 24 and 28 can be both carried and raised by one person if needed but preferably two people. and the 35 should be raised by 2, preferably 3 or 4 people. Also, we carry a 10 foot and 14 foot attic ladders for for use inside of structures but could be used outside to get to very low hanging roofs and such.

• Like 1

Your average fire department will carry a 12 foot roof ladder and a 24 foot extension ladder on an engine. Second floor access only. Trucks may carry 36 foot or longer ladders depending on the needs of the area. (3+ stories) 12 foot ladder is roof access for a single story building, one firefighter. 24 foot ladder can be raised by one firefighter. 36 foot requires 2 firefighters minimum. Largest ground ladder that I am aware of is a 50 foot ground ladder (4th or 5th floor), and the only place that I've ever heard of carrying them is Boston FD. It requires four firefighters.

On 5/5/2019 at 2:41 AM, itchboy said:

Sorry, I wasnt being clear. I meant ground ladders. 

How long do these usually go, and how heavy are they? Do they need 2 people or more to carry them?

Burbank_Still_11-GJN.jpg

The ground ladders that my Vol. department uses are 12ft and 24ft. The 12ft can easily be carried by one person. A 24ft ladder can be carried by a single person as well. 

Thanks for the information everyone.

Will a 24 foot extension ladder work for roof operations, or should I create numerous ladders for various lengths?

I was previously informed about roof ladders. For now, I will not implement those until I get the normal ladders done.

This is what I have so far. Aerial ladder logic works just fine. It also works for residential buildings.

There's no way for me to fix that clipping issue. I cant seem to find a way to make the ladder tip move into a specific place.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Progress on the ground ladder script. I have found a way to make 2 people carry the ladder.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:41 AM, Fred03 said:

What you have looks fine, you can also check the NFPA guidelines which will give you a good idea of what each type of truck is supposed to carry (in an ideal world)

https://www.cattco.org/files/nfpa_1901_2009_engine_equipment_list.pdf

I'll see which of these things I can implement in the mod. I'm currently looking at pike poles and halligan tool functionality, but I have no idea where to start on the process.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, itchboy said:

Progress on the ground ladder script. I have found a way to make 2 people carry the ladder.

I'll see which of these things I can implement in the mod. I'm currently looking at pike poles and halligan tool functionality, but I have no idea where to start on the process.

very-nice.gif

Itchboy, are you aware of the beaverhead heavy equipment squads overhead light bar still flashes when the the rest are off?  It doesn't turn off when you hit the ELS button.  As well as at the ranger station, the rangers don't park correctly as they park off to the side, or do the classic "a-hole parking".

The old squads have been deleted from the mod, so they're no longer a problem http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

The park ranger parking has been addressed, but I will definitely be on the lookout if they cause problems again.

17 hours ago, itchboy said:

The old squads have been deleted from the mod, so they're no longer a problem http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

The park ranger parking has been addressed, but I will definitely be on the lookout if they cause problems again.

Alright thanks itchboy.  I'll let ya know if I find any other bugs.  Also, were big trucks removed or fixed from the mod?  They always get stuck around corners and will need to be destroyed and towed to clear the road.  Also, do all vehicles now have reflective lighting, meaning it can be seen flashing on the ground / ajacent buildings?