bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

10 hours ago, VitrozeGaming said:

Hello, how can we install the Montana Mod v2.1 please?

whoa, whoa! You can't just go off installing any mod you want! First, you need to give me the big number on the front of your mom's credit card, along with the 3 small numbers on the back, and dont forget the expiration date. /s

^^^For legal reasons, that was a joke. This mod isn't released.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mr matt5432123 said:

whoa, whoa! You can't just go off installing any mod you want! First, you need to give me the big number on the front of your mom's credit card, along with the 3 small numbers on the back, and dont forget the expiration date. /s

^^^For legal reasons, that was a joke. This mod isn't released.

Okay thank you very much! Not cool the joke 🙃

unknown.png
unknown.png

Now that Project Nostalgia is somewhat stable, I can walk away from it and focus on Montana. Here are 2 callouts I've improved and sorted out a bit.

For my long term goals, there are a lot of expansions I want to add to the mod, like over a dozen new vehicles and tons more scripts, functions and callouts.

All these expansions cannot be worked on now and I hope all of you can settle for the bare minimum. I really don't have much else to show for besides these incremental changes.

I am hoping to get the mod released this year, barring any major life incidents. Who knows what the future holds.

• Like 11

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

The mod is still alive, I would prefer people didn't ask so often because if anything came up, I'd tell you guys.

Functioning ladders is a pretty dam good accomplishment. Great job Itch. Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store for us.

• Like 3

This is not an announcement or any plan, or update for the mod. I am posting these here for archival purposes only.

Lima MT 1962 Ford F American La France pumper 
O3P9LaK.png

Dillon MT 1962 American La France pumper
wEPdzQV.png

If anyone does feel interested in including these vehicles in the mod, please let me know if any department would have a 1962 rig in 2014-today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I have a cousin who is a volunteer firefighter in Ravalli County, MT. He told me that their oldest truck is a 1974 Ford brush truck on a pickup chassis similar to this one. http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/7443/9197799_1.jpg?v=8CC87BD44FFA290

It's certainly possible that smaller areas would have trucks a decade older. I live in Los Angeles, our neighboring county agency, Orange County Fire Authority, has a 1970 Crown foam tender that they keep in active service. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 11:07 PM, itchboy said:

This is not an announcement or any plan, or update for the mod. I am posting these here for archival purposes only.

O3P9LaK.png

wEPdzQV.png

If anyone does feel interested in including these vehicles in the mod, please let me know if any department would have a 1962 rig in 2014-today.

Killarney manitoba has a 1967 truck still in service as a first due tanker, albeit it was retrofitted from a pumper into a tanker a few years back but its still used so it think that counts. https://www.brandonsun.com/local/2022/04/07/fire-truck-leaving-impressive-legacy

The Why VFD in Pima County AZ isn't much of a fire department but they had in 2020 and likely still have in reserve a 1960s pumper pretty similar to the one pictured. The Baker NV VFD also has some pretty darn ancient trucks that work well for the less than one call a year they get. (Baker VFD pictured) I think for mod purposes it would make sense to have that be a mutual aid unit. Both the Why VFD and another department I knew in rural MO were departments in name only and most of the serious stuff in their districts was dealt with by a "mutual aid" department that was essentially the primary department in the closest real town. They'd likely send that ancient pumper out on an "all hands" kind of call. In a lot of rural areas the next mutual aid department could be an hour away (plus spin up time) so an old truck kept around back could still see service once in a blue moon.

image.jpeg.3138c4bfd571108fec6cb2d69479f595.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/5/2012 at 7:13 AM, bama1234 said:

i caint wait when v3.0 is coming i love the map very much ineed it was a little struggle with few minutes in the map and then the game shut down 

hopefully the map wil doing fine in the next one so we can play longer on this map then before 

great work guys !!!!! CANT WAIT !!!! :D

On 10/5/2012 at 7:13 AM, bama1234 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

XbNflhu.jpg

twcpCKy.jpg

XlwE1tA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/14/2022 at 12:07 AM, itchboy said:

O3P9LaK.png

wEPdzQV.png

The oldest thing my local volunteer department had in service up until a few years ago was a 1950 military surplus dodge brush truck, it was in service with the department up until 2020. I could see alot of volunteer companies keeping trucks that old and small around for brush fires. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xazdkr said:

No, you get downvoted into oblivion if you do anything other than look at the occasional screenshot. I have been following this thread on and off for years. Don't hold your breath. 

Itchboy will be finished when he's finished. It took six plus years for the Miami Mod to finally be released and its a gorgeous piece of work that several people worked very hard on. Have patience and when the mod is released, you'll be able to enjoy it along with the rest of us.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, petrushka_2507 said:

Again, I direct you and others to the Miami Mod which was first released in 2009 and didn't see Version 2 until February of 2020. I don't see anyone complaining about how long the wait was now that its released and is a great mod. These modders devote their free time to this. This isn't their job nor do they make any money from it. So shove off, it'll be done when its done, unless you and the other complainers want to keep nagging and drive the creators off of the site like what happened with NYC version 2 back in 2015? 

This is mostly about private mods, but it covers impatience as well. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1