bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

7 hours ago, Fred03 said:

Do you plan to change the POV lights in question to bring them into "compliance" with Montana's POV light laws?

Absolutely. Red in front and rear is the minimum requirement and since there was no mention of sirens, I'll assume it means there's no siren privileges. I'll also assume that because of the red being mentioned, other lights like amber and white may flash as well but not blue because that's LEO.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, itchboy said:

Absolutely. Red in front and rear is the minimum requirement and since there was no mention of sirens, I'll assume it means there's no siren privileges. I'll also assume that because of the red being mentioned, other lights like amber and white may flash as well but not blue because that's LEO.

Makes total sense to me! Such a neat Easter egg for the mod.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:14 PM, cfdsquad3 said:

Will there still be National Guard units? Cool if there’s not, just curious.

Probably not due to the amount of work I'm already having to do.

4 minutes ago, madlysk1 said:

What part of montana dose the montana mod take place in?

The southwest, right at the border between Idaho and Montana through Beaverhead County.

• Upvote 1

Similar to how it is done in City of Angels, would a dispatch center with pre-filled "run cards" (as we call it in real life) be possible? For example.. you click on the dispatcher ped to open up the menu, and it has "FIRE ALARM", "RESIDENTIAL FIRE", "COMMERCIAL FIRE", and so on in the button menu. From there, if you were to click "FIRE ALARM", it would tone out the volunteers, and it requests X apparatus. In real life at my firehouse our run card for any fire alarm (residential or commercial) is an Engine Company, Truck Company, and a chief. Normally the assignment would be held to the engine if the truck co. isn't needed but that is how it works for us.

Another example. Residential Structure Fires for us will call for 3 engines, 2 trucks, and a rescue for rapid intervention along with the chief. All other chiefs can respond of course, but they don't get immediately attached in CAD.

Just a thought. Not sure the complexity of this. Something like it has already been done in West Falls, so just a concept. This is what our small town of 2000 uses. Could fit well

An interesting idea but remember in a lot of rural areas the volunteer base isn't consistent enough to allow for that level of advance planning. We would get toned for a fire, everyone would go to the station and we'd take as many trucks as we guessed we'd need with whatever people we had. When we got a residential structural fire and only 2 people responded we only took one truck and called (prayed) for mutual aid. Then we had the time where we had a 4 acre brush fire burning slowly surrounded by dirt roads already and we had so many people respond we rolled the brush truck and then 2 engines full of people just because we could.

12 hours ago, BrooklynDispatcher said:

Similar to how it is done in City of Angels, would a dispatch center with pre-filled "run cards" (as we call it in real life) be possible? For example.. you click on the dispatcher ped to open up the menu, and it has "FIRE ALARM", "RESIDENTIAL FIRE", "COMMERCIAL FIRE", and so on in the button menu. From there, if you were to click "FIRE ALARM", it would tone out the volunteers, and it requests X apparatus. In real life at my firehouse our run card for any fire alarm (residential or commercial) is an Engine Company, Truck Company, and a chief. Normally the assignment would be held to the engine if the truck co. isn't needed but that is how it works for us.

Another example. Residential Structure Fires for us will call for 3 engines, 2 trucks, and a rescue for rapid intervention along with the chief. All other chiefs can respond of course, but they don't get immediately attached in CAD.

Just a thought. Not sure the complexity of this. Something like it has already been done in West Falls, so just a concept. This is what our small town of 2000 uses. Could fit well

This was my initial concept but it proved too difficult because of how the volunteer firefighter system was made. Instead I just left it to the player to decide how to dispatch the units.

7 hours ago, Fred03 said:

An interesting idea but remember in a lot of rural areas the volunteer base isn't consistent enough to allow for that level of advance planning. We would get toned for a fire, everyone would go to the station and we'd take as many trucks as we guessed we'd need with whatever people we had. When we got a residential structural fire and only 2 people responded we only took one truck and called (prayed) for mutual aid. Then we had the time where we had a 4 acre brush fire burning slowly surrounded by dirt roads already and we had so many people respond we rolled the brush truck and then 2 engines full of people just because we could.

I have tweaked the volunteer script so you get between two to four personnel in the day time, and at most, six at night.
The player has the responsibility to dispatch the appropriate number of units per call.

Here's some updates to playable units. Colors have been done, and I am readying up the resources for liveries.

Em4Deluxe 2021-02-11 17-26-00-70.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

I think a lot of you have been wanting this in Em4 for a while.

Here she is, as a POV based on 2 suggestions I received.

This will be coming out first as a dev asset, ASAP.

I look forward to all the police departments in all the Em4 mods that will have this bad boy, finally.

Special thanks to Yankee43 for providing his original edits to the model. All I did was finish what he left off.

untitled.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gotta say itchboy that the sudden increase in updates and (apparent) progress from this mod is the best thing to come out of 2020/2021. For so long I thought I'd never see this mod come out and when my PC crashed and I lost my OG file of the Montana Mod (even though it crashed a lot) I was very bummer. Thanks for keeping at it and bringing back hope.

• Like 2

Uploaded here for anybody who needs it

Here are another three POV's that are preliminary. The ELS has not been set up on them which I will be sending to hqueen again.

I will be doing more of the user suggestions as I am able to make the vehicles. Some of them don't exist in Em4 yet (Journey, dually F350, Subaru, CRV) so these will take time unfortunately.1389830796_Em4Deluxe2021-02-1218-36-46-39.thumb.png.78f9fdfd755fdcdc503d28a6954b54f4.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Idk itchboy if decided on the POVs or not yet but if want a interesting idea I drive a 2011 retired CVPI, I have a front full size visor light red, in the corners of the dash I have a 2 light dash light red a rear full size red TA (for purposes of this itd be red, but mine changes to amber in TA mode) I have 3 surface mount lights along the bottom trim under the doors, one on the front side of bumper, and one on the ram bar, and then a 4 grill lights and headlight flasher strobe kit. Yes it’s a lot but just an idea, cause it’s a Vic after all for a POV, and I enjoy doin emergency lighting for my cars and friends cars so I just do it for fun lol

34 minutes ago, hill12 said:

Idk itchboy if decided on the POVs or not yet but if want a interesting idea I drive a 2011 retired CVPI, I have a front full size visor light red, in the corners of the dash I have a 2 light dash light red a rear full size red TA (for purposes of this itd be red, but mine changes to amber in TA mode) I have 3 surface mount lights along the bottom trim under the doors, one on the front side of bumper, and one on the ram bar, and then a 4 grill lights and headlight flasher strobe kit. Yes it’s a lot but just an idea, cause it’s a Vic after all for a POV, and I enjoy doin emergency lighting for my cars and friends cars so I just do it for fun lol

I'm still down to add people, but if the car you're suggesting doesn't exist in our models, then it will be pushed back, or even not make it into the mod.

Since you drive a vic, its super easy because its abundant in our models. If somebody were to suggest say, a 2019 Prius, I'd be SOL because I'd have to make it.

I've well exceeded 10 POV's, so it has been decided: I will provide a choice of "set A" of POVs featuring the Montana team, or "set B" of user-submitted cars.

Anyway, since Montana is a popular thread, I'll use this one to shill for my dev assets. This isn't for Montana, but for anybody's mod.

https://www.emergency-planet.com/files/file/1316-2020-dodge-ram-3500-5500/

574055133_ram3500.thumb.jpg.f01c68d13f58c9088e6e1044593ff469.jpg
196353609_ram5500.jpg.36baaeb837a19c4846261dff5a1c9ae7.jpg

I released a 2020 Dodge Ram set as a blank asset for modders' use. There's a 3500 and 5500 in here. Hope the modders out there in the discord enjoy it too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, itchboy said:

I'm still down to add people, but if the car you're suggesting doesn't exist in our models, then it will be pushed back, or even not make it into the mod.

Since you drive a vic, its super easy because its abundant in our models. If somebody were to suggest say, a 2019 Prius, I'd be SOL because I'd have to make it.

I've well exceeded 10 POV's, so it has been decided: I will provide a choice of "set A" of POVs featuring the Montana team, or "set B" of user-submitted cars.

Anyway, since Montana is a popular thread, I'll use this one to shill for my dev assets.

https://www.emergency-planet.com/files/file/1316-2020-dodge-ram-3500-5500/

574055133_ram3500.thumb.jpg.f01c68d13f58c9088e6e1044593ff469.jpg
1789016929_ram5500.thumb.jpg.58d4c3ea6a97ae6510915c3b40f9bd73.jpg

I released a 2020 Dodge Ram set as a blank asset for modders' use. There's a 3500 and 5500 in here. Hope the modders out there in the discord enjoy it too.

Ok I understand, I suppose wouldnt have to be be 2011 just a mode crown Vic you have it’s all white with ram bar, I guess just lemme know thanks