bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

On 8/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, itchboy said:

My computer PSU failed last Tuesday and I put it in for repairs expecting it to be done within the week. The shop is reporting that both my HDD's have failed as well.

While I do have backups of Montana and my other projects, I do not have a PC of any sort to do any work.

I have been without a PC for the last week, and I will not be able to get a replacement for at least till the end of this month, and even then, pandemic pricing may very well put it out of my reach.

Both my projects (this one and classic LA) are on hold for the time being.

I will also be unable to do any admin work for this site indefinitely. Any password resets and manual approval will be Stan's problem as I literally can't do that right now.

Given the circumstances of having to rebuild an entire filesystem in a new PC, I am no longer certain if any of my mods will be completed.

This pandemic and everything about it can go to hell. See you around guys.

I work in digital forensics, happy to attempt to carve files from the HDD's if they are truly failed.

• Upvote 2

On 9/9/2020 at 6:45 AM, xazdkr said:

I work in digital forensics, happy to attempt to carve files from the HDD's if they are truly failed.

I got everything sorted out, thanks for the offer though.

I was luckily able to save about 95% of my data minus a few random files and folders + subdirectories being inaccessible on the old drive. Everything else was transferred over, and I ended up making another set of backups. I'm saving up for a third external hard drive to backups.

Updates on this mod are going to remain slow, but I do have something to show.

The boat trailer and SWAT equipment trailer have been completed and are ingame. I am still trying to make the boat trailer script work though because the terrain doesn't seem to like it. 

119076394_666789147584725_21909908182798

unknown.png

A bunch of vehicles were also textured in.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

The DNRC Tanker has also been completed.

Em4Deluxe 2020-09-29 22-43-22-57.png

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Good to see that you are back on the Montana mod team. No one is as good as you are when it comes to scripting or pretty much anything else. You are the best mod developer out there. Also those vehicles are looking amazing.

Itchboy, are you officially back in developing the mod?  Unless I'm blind, I didn't see you saying if you were.  Without purposefully breaking the rule, do you think the mod will come out sometime in 2021? 

18 minutes ago, joker15x said:

Itchboy, are you officially back in developing the mod?  Unless I'm blind, I didn't see you saying if you were.  Without purposefully breaking the rule, do you think the mod will come out sometime in 2021? 

I still do work from time to time. It was supposed to be bama doing the share of the work but corona said no. I don't know when it will be done because I have a whole lot of other stuff I want to release this year.

My main priorities are now with an Em3 to Em4 conversion mod, and 90s LA mod of course. I am also involved in developing a few (as in multiple) mods that haven't been announced but I do not know how many of them will be completed. The world situation prevents many from modding.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

On 7/28/2020 at 11:22 PM, simking said:

i remember the first Montana mod was one of my favorites, I understand updating but why take a good mod that was working fine down then have nothing for YEARS, all the while saying were working on it yet you hear nothing in months or years...at least let us play the original one..WIP translates to we gave up sorry but look how many wip have became DEAD... Miami mod,New York mod all DEAD nothing in years.

Leave the originals UNTIL the new one is completed.  It's gotten to the point i don't even bother getting excited anymore because  soon as i see WIP i know don't hold your breath. I'd rather know NOTHING about a priject then get it when its done then get teased...and have it go dead 

I've checked in on EMP very sporadically in my absence. I know the link was removed ages ago but I never quite understood this either? I agree that the Montana mod was probably my favorite, maybe second only to my own projects. Maybe I am just a bit biased though. 😂

@itchboy any chance we could get that reup of the old mod?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, itchboy said:

I have some updates on this mod, finally.

Previously I had plans on including more models but I'm burnt out on them after working on Project Nostalgia.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/uploads/monthly_2021_01/1591647683_Em4Deluxe2021-01-2018-12-47-54.thumb.png.769e0beb342fb23d25d01aa6a8d5aa8f.png

How do you get your Fire, Police, Ems, and Tec buttons like that?