bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

Yes. The last update was last Thursday. I'm curious, what made you think the mod isn't being worked on?

Model by EmC-Unit. Big thanks to him for allowing use of this model.

This is going to be the MHP helicopter, however this is not the final model, it will have to be edited into the OH-58A first.

Untitled.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

At least in the State of São Paulo, where I live, there is little variation in the units of the firefighters, but it is a mixture of American, European and Brazilian vehicles, here the units are standardized, for the entire state, becoming different vehicles, when they are donated. by the local community!

What little I know of the organization of fire departments in large rural areas and counties, each department has the autonomy to buy their equipment and I also know that there is a large trade in fire equipment in the United States. Here in Brazil, everything is managed by the state!

20 hours ago, itchboy said:

I think we're staying with under 20 unique units. The area depicted in the mod is rural and has limited firefighting resources.

For your mods in the large cities of Brazil, I would expect upwards of 50 for the fire department alone, for example.

Itchboy, how many fire units will be present on the map by default?  Will it remain the normal 4, the 2 engines, brush and chief, or will more be added?  Will there be a working sheriffs station?  Currently, you cannot send a sheriff unit to the starting point as the car will glitch back and forth and continue to make a dispatch noise.  Not sure if this was already fixed or if you're aware of it already, but I was reminded of it.

There will be no sheriff station. The department only has one, and it is in Dillon, 60 miles away from Monida.

The little spot at town hall is enough for us. Same with MHP.

As the mod is right now, the sheriff units park and respond with no problems whatsoever.

I have not had the time to work on scripts or gameplay, I am working on/off on the less considered vehicles such as the 2 helicopters, a rescue boat and the remaining volunteer POV's for the mod.

I don't know if it is possible, but have you considered adding a DELAY from when you request mutual aid from a neighbor department until they arrive on map?  I know it would make it more realistic if you call for a tanker/tender or engine from 15 miles away (next town) it takes more than 1 second for it to arrive on map.

Just an idea.  Lived with this when I was a volunteer FF way back in the day.  We got to the point that if we had a major fire, we were requesting the neighbor departments as we were leaving the station and hadn't even arrived on scene yet.

Will the fire dispatcher be able to request an ambulance, rather then only the chief?  Also will all of the dispatch options from fire and police be useable, rather then crashing the whole game?

On 2/4/2020 at 2:09 AM, itchboy said:

Individual units can be called by these dispatchers instead of relying on the chiefs, which were quite annoying.

It also doesn't crash anymore. That bug is one of the reasons we discourage playing the old mod.

Its still one of my favorite mods.  It reminds me of my little hometown area, though not nearly as rural as Montana.  How many ambulances will be on the map?  I personally feel like there should be at least 2, as I often find myself needing a Beaver County ambulance on the map at all times.

6 hours ago, itchboy said:

Only 1 in the hospital. The whole county only has 4 ambulances and it wouldn't be right giving half the fleet to one town.

So the Chester Hospital (i think thats the name, haven't played the mod in a while) will only have 4 ambulances to its name instead of just the 1?  Or will Beaver County FD have 3 ambulances like it currently does?  What happens if more then 4 ambulances are needed?  MCU unit perhaps?

No, Chester Hospital is gone.

The EMS agency in the county is known as Beaverhead EMS and has four ambulances for the whole county.

There is no county FD anymore. I won't go into too much detail because there were discussions on the agencies in previous threads.

For MCI, there is an autoHeal script Ive created so the EMS supervisor can manage many patients at once.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, itchboy said:

No, Chester Hospital is gone.

The EMS agency in the county is known as Beaverhead EMS and has four ambulances for the whole county.

There is no county FD anymore. I won't go into too much detail because there were discussions on the agencies in previous threads.

For MCI, there is an autoHeal script Ive created so the EMS supervisor can manage many patients at once.

So theres no on map fire department anymore?  Is there a new on map hospital?  

Read back on the previous pages. I already announced what is on the map. You can also re-read all the discussions that led those decisions being made.

I understand you have questions, but please, re-read the previous postings so I don't spend time answering something I've already said.

2 hours ago, itchboy said:

Read back on the previous pages. I already announced what is on the map. You can also re-read all the discussions that led those decisions being made.

I understand you have questions, but please, re-read the previous postings so I don't spend time answering something I've already said.

Ok thanks,  I do hope the mod comes soon, I look forward to playing it and breaking it to find bugs and what not. : D

My time as of late has been spent creating 3D models for general use, the over the last two months. I am up to one dozen unique entries as of right now. This is where all my time has gone to as of late.

This one however will be a unique tie-in with the mod. I will not release a dev version until the mod is finished.

unknown.png

Huge thanks to @armyconrad for providing side mirror textures and reference pictures for the whole truck.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4