bama1234

Montana Mod v2.5 RELEASED

The tanker and the other units will be update in a patch when Bama releases it , it's a beta for a reason lol

I know were supposed to give feedback so i'm telling him the ones I have seen

Great work on the mod! I have a couple issues with it. I'll list them below: 

• Rescue helicopter when called doesn't respond off the map at all 
  • Gameplay like others have said is kind of jerky or laggy (I have a good gaming PC, don't get this much from other mods)
  • Too many calls at one time like others have also said
  • Lots of vehicles light's do not work
  • The BCFD tanker when called from off the map gets stuck sometimes in the hospital parking lot and just goes around in circle in the parking lot
  • Some police cars don't have wheels
  • Fires could be slower and more realistic 
  • The FF in the fire station (not the battalion chief), who is used to call in off map units does not work for all the units. 
  • Spineboard problem where on an accident scene, it says the person needs to be put on a spineboard. I go and get one and then place it on the patient and it doesn't show up on the patient but it is on them and says it. When you try to remove it, it won't remove from them and therefore you can't transport the patient. 
  • It would help if there was more fire hydrants
  • When you click rapid deployment, it works but then when you click it again to have them remove the hoses and what not, it doesn't really work. Only two of them remove their hoses but then they just stand outside the engine and the other FF's are also just standing outside of the fire engine. Sometimes, one of the FF's didn't close the hydrant and is also just standing next to it. 
  • There are a couple other issues, but they have already been posted so I won't repeat them.

Can I ask who did your lighting? Especially the rotary ones. The readme wasn't specific, but they deserve some kind of medal or something  :happy:

Depends for which vehicles. I did the rotary lights on the ATF cruiser, Flnn did them for the MPPD cruiser and some fire trucks. 

• Gameplay like others have said is kind of jerky or laggy (I have a good gaming PC, don't get this much from other mods)
  • The BCFD tanker when called from off the map gets stuck sometimes in the hospital parking lot and just goes around in circle in the parking lot
  • The FF in the fire station (not the battalion chief), who is used to call in off map units does not work for all the units.
  • Spineboard problem where on an accident scene, it says the person needs to be put on a spineboard. I go and get one and then place it on the patient and it doesn't show up on the patient but it is on them and says it. When you try to remove it, it won't remove from them and therefore you can't transport the patient.
  • When you click rapid deployment, it works but then when you click it again to have them remove the hoses and what not, it doesn't really work. Only two of them remove their hoses but then they just stand outside the engine and the other FF's are also just standing outside of the fire engine. Sometimes, one of the FF's didn't close the hydrant and is also just standing next to it.
  • There are a couple other issues, but they have already been posted so I won't repeat them.
I agree with all but one in a rural community there aren't a lot of fire hydrants ( if any ) and personally like that the way it is.

• The map is missing a spawnpoint. Fixed in patch
  • I will reduce the number of checks running in the background for the patch
  • You can turn it down yourself. Just edit the freeplay_endless.xml
  • Vehicle bugs are to be settled by bama1234
  • Will reduce fire spread in the patch
  • I haven't finished writing the call scripts for all units.
  • Spineboard glitch to be fixed soon
  • Rapid deployment is intended to work like that. I want it to be more manual instead of one click setup. You gotta close the hydrant yourself.

• Rapid deployment is intended to work like that. I want it to be more manual instead of one click setup. You gotta close the hydrant yourself.
Thanks!

Thank you for all your hard work, along with bama1234! I really appreciate it, you guys have done a great job on the mod. I look forward to the patch. 

Nice job, fun playing it. Besides the bugs everyone else mentioned, the new mini-map picture and the keys.xml so you can use AWSD keys to move around. Both quick fixes.

Edit: Also, it seems like when you put a guy up on the ladder, he sprays water, but is missing the spay command so I can't turn him to spray what I want.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but when I try to play 2.0 I get either a CTD or I get the following error message: " OpenGL error code detected: out of memory       File:..\..\..\core\include\VisCoreOpenGL.inl Line:4"   The screenshot should be attached.

I'm assuming this means that I don't have enough memory or RAM to run this? Is there anything I can do (short of upgrading my hardware) to be able to run this mod?

Thanks in advanced.

post-51342-0-82115300-1419651372_thumb.p

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but when I try to play 2.0 I get either a CTD or I get the following error message: " OpenGL error code detected: out of memory       File:..\..\..\core\include\VisCoreOpenGL.inl Line:4"   The screenshot should be attached.

I'm assuming this means that I don't have enough memory or RAM to run this? Is there anything I can do (short of upgrading my hardware) to be able to run this mod?

Thanks in advanced.

Have you updated your graphics drivers? Does your system go above and beyond the minimum specs of the game with no mods?

Have you updated your graphics drivers? Does your system go above and beyond the minimum specs of the game with no mods?

I have a nVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB graphics card and the driver was just updated this week. My system does have above the min specs for the game (8 GB RAM and a intel core i7 processor). I've had this issue with the manhattan mod, but never really thought anything of it.

I have a nVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 2GB graphics card and the driver was just updated this week. My system does have above the min specs for the game (8 GB RAM and a intel core i7 processor). I've had this issue with the manhattan mod, but never really thought anything of it.

Make sure nvidia control panel uses the 650m video card and not the lower wend Intel one. I had that issues.

This will help some people, if you're having issues with crashes or missing wheels, try copying the prototype folder from the last version of Montana mod into the new version *do not replace anything except folders* then it might fix some issues. I did that because I noticed every time I tried to spawn an out of map unit, the game would crash probably due to a missing model. When I did that I also got the wheels on the Impala to work. :)

I'm sure that'll be fixed in the next update though.

Also, I LOVE the rural feel of this, I'm perfectly fine with the amount of hydrants. Coming from a rural town, this is really on the money.

P.S. I freaking love this mod to death, I can't thank Bama and his team enough. It's so beautiful.

So I have begun rewriting the call vehicle scripts so that they don't run on a constant check anymore. This should end the lag that happens every second.

I have an idea that could be interesting. Make it so that units are finite. Meaning each vehicle costs money and takes time to arrive. Basically replacing the normal vehicle send menu with the commands of the battalion chief and the dispatchers on the map.

What do the people think?

So I have begun rewriting the call vehicle scripts so that they don't run on a constant check anymore. This should end the lag that happens every second.

I have an idea that could be interesting. Make it so that units are finite. Meaning each vehicle costs money and takes time to arrive. Basically replacing the normal vehicle send menu with the commands of the battalion chief and the dispatchers on the map.

i like the idea

Great idea!

Best Idea since sliced bread. :D