SebastianSebba-JayDreier

Oslo, Norway Mod (Private)

As soon as I find the error causing crash to desktop after a few seconds in game, I will make videos for you! I believe I F'ed up either some command assigning or traits. Could also be I need to update some unit.xml's.

I guess there's no point posting dxdiag and logfile, as the "wiseguys" on this forum will probably just reply: Update your gfx drivers etc as they always tell the noobs.. ;p

Exciting things are coming soon, stay tuned. Meanwhile, some screens from the editor.. I make stupid zooming levels and angles basically for you to see details etc. (And I'm no photographer) :P

Can u put the lightbar thats on UP on the dog unit, mutch more realistic, but this you have to know: You have fantastic work! Good job!

I have to edit the model then, which is something I haven't tried yet.. Will probably do that in the future, as I totally agree with you!

Nice mod! Not 100% prosent accurate but good skins!!

Btw: "Bare litt pirk" Up and Oslo Trafikkorpset is not the same, they are under different departments. :)

Fixed ;)

As soon as I find the error causing crash to desktop after a few seconds in game, I will make videos for you! I believe I F'ed up either some command assigning or traits. Could also be I need to update some unit.xml's.

I guess there's no point posting dxdiag and logfile, as the "wiseguys" on this forum will probably just reply: Update your gfx drivers etc as they always tell the noobs.. ;p

Exciting things are coming soon, stay tuned. Meanwhile, some screens from the editor.. I make stupid zooming levels and angles basically for you to see details etc. (And I'm no photographer) :P

Post your log file :) much more helping than uppdating your drivers

Do you have an unmarked Sprinter?

Yes. In my mod it's the bomb squad. As far as I know the real bomb squad in Oslo use a black /dark grey/dark blue sprinter, think I've seen it a couple times. Not sure though. Anyway, I fitted my unmarked light grey Sprinter with hidden LED blue lights in the grille, mirrors and the back. Changing the color to a darker version is not exactly a priority now :P

Btw.. I misinterpreted spikey's question regarding the K9 unit lights. Sorry, I was drunk. No need to remodel, I will change the lightbars later.

Since I can't figure out the CTD's I've decided to do a fresh install of LA mod with xplorer4x4 and YSB 1.3 additions, and add the Norway mod files as I've done before. I will then import my modifications individually and launch the game after each import so I can find out what's wrong. So far I've imported all civilian vehicles without problems. Everything points towards something going wrong with one of the firetrucks while using the editor. I still have everything backed up, so hopefully it will work out eventually.

This will be a rough week with work, funeral and travelling, but hopefully I will be able to get it all up and running within 10-14 days. I'm just to tired after work to do anything mod related this week. If all planets are aligned etc. there might be some big news coming up :)

any updates??

YES!

Everything is back up running, with plenty of new stuff, including new buildings, sounds and units. Also decided to change the headlights on all vehicles, since daytime headlights are mandatory in Norway. Easy fix, but will take some time.

Some day I will let a selected few try out the mod as beta testers, but this is still weeks ahead, so please stop asking by PM guys ;)

As soon as the lights are fixed I will replace and a few more vehicles, fix all sounds (about 80% done now), and do some minor tweaking. As it stands today I feel my mod is very near completion, but since I'm quite busy these days it will still take some time to get everything perfect. The only issues as I see it now is the filesize, trying to remember which authors to credit, and who to ask public release permissions from...

Ford Excursion Innsatsleder

2 new Policewomen, edited Traffic unit and entrance

Bilia and Bertel O. Steen car dealership (Volvo, BMW and MB)

Rema 1000 groceries

Donut shops in Norway? Don't think so. Replaced with another Micky D's and a kiosk

new MB C-class and Ford Excursion

New traffic police design

New Fire Command vehicle (well, it's the old one remade) and a FD salvage truck

Translating is 75% done. Basically everything except units and vehicles, since I change them all the time and can't decide which to use :P If I need any help I will let you know! :)

have you translated the whole game or just the mod :)?

if you have translated the whole game, do you want to upload a translate:)?

Fraps wasn't friendly when I tried to make a video, so instead I decided to do some map changes and make some new units..Portraits are done, need some more sounds and minor tweaking.I feel that it's ready for a beta, just need the permissions now. Screens to follow soon. If someone knows how I can make a video without ending up with 1GB for a 3 minute video, let me know! (that's .avi, not wmv btw ;)