Marshall8946

Removing non-child lightbars help

Hello, I've been working on a little submod ( http://forum.emergen...-submodprivate/ ) And I need help removing the lightbar from ambulance02. It is not a child so I cannot remove it in the editor. If anyone can explain how to remove it(in full detail), or help me by removing it for me. I would highly appreciate it! Thank You!!-Marshall

P.S. If anyone is intrested need small odd jobs help around my submod...

you're gonna need zmodeler!

if you got it follow these steps:

(- unlock the model file if still necessary, there's so many tutos about that on the forums, i won't describe it now)

- import the ambulance model into zmodeler

- select the polygon mode and klick on the model (polygons should get little dots in the middle)

- change the 3d view to perspective view (easier to find all polys)

- klick on "select" -> "single"

- with right mouse button klick select all lightbar polygons ( they change from blue/black to orange

- switch to "selected mode" in the task bar (makes it easier to just delete what you want ;) )

- select "modify" -> "delete"

- with one left mouse button klick somewhere on the model the polygons should be deleted

- do that for every polygon of the lightbar

- export the model again (do that two times with overwriting the first export to avoid an "empty" model)

thst's it!

greetz