NathanDollinger

My private edit of LA mod on woods map, ( No Longer Supported )

NathanDollinger - You've got a good little edit to the Woods map. I'll give you that. I'll give you props for taking the time to fix some of these issues.

Here's the thing - Some of the comments are actually suggestions, They're not picking at you, they're trying to help you make this edit "better". So when someone asks why something is placed there, simply give them a reason to why it's there and if you feel like they're suggestion is better, then fix it. If not, again say why it's not a good reason etc etc. When people don't get decent answers they become slightly confused and annoyed. It's better to give them a straight up answer than to give them a "why does it matter??" answer.

Please do understand I'm not picking on you or anything, I'm simply summerizing what's happening here. Like I said, great edit, I'll definitely be using it.

All of the comments I've read over are all positive, nothing negative. Just a bunch of suggests and some fixes. Best option is to use those suggestions that people are giving you to make this edit better so to say. No need to get defensive at some of the things people ask.

NathanDollinger - You've got a good little edit to the Woods map. I'll give you that. I'll give you props for taking the time to fix some of these issues.

Here's the thing - Some of the comments are actually suggestions, They're not picking at you, they're trying to help you make this edit "better". So when someone asks why something is placed there, simply give them a reason to why it's there and if you feel like they're suggestion is better, then fix it. If not, again say why it's not a good reason etc etc. When people don't get decent answers they become slightly confused and annoyed. It's better to give them a straight up answer than to give them a "why does it matter??" answer.

Please do understand I'm not picking on you or anything, I'm simply summerizing what's happening here. Like I said, great edit, I'll definitely be using it.

All of the comments I've read over are all positive, nothing negative. Just a bunch of suggests and some fixes. Best option is to use those suggestions that people are giving you to make this edit better so to say. No need to get defensive at some of the things people ask.

Lol its not that im being defensive its more i made it the way it is for a reason and thats what it is so dont question it lol! Suggest all you want but if ur suggestion has already been answered or is just annoying to me ill probably give you a annoying answer lol!

Glad you like the edit! Enjoy!!

Lol its not that im being defensive its more i made it the way it is for a reason and thats what it is so dont question it lol! Suggest all you want but if ur suggestion has already been answered or is just annoying to me ill probably give you a annoying answer lol!

Glad you like the edit! Enjoy!!

I understand what you're getting at.

I found a weird little glitch when I was playing on freeplay (it was during the earthquake scenario)last night. About halfway through the all vehicle skins disapeared and all that was left was the lights and the hose connections on the engines. It's never happened before. Please help! :nixweiss::wall:

Heres a list of bugs i found

Engine 210 parks in ladder 10's bay an gets stuck

Ladder 51 gets stuck in the back door of the bay

Medic 410 parks cross ways in both bays an gets stuck if engine 236 is not in the bay

Engine 10 sometimes parks in engine 210's bay and gets stuck

other an that the mod works great

I found a weird little glitch when I was playing on freeplay (it was during the earthquake scenario)last night. About halfway through the all vehicle skins disapeared and all that was left was the lights and the hose connections on the engines. It's never happened before. Please help! :nixweiss::wall:

Sounds like a graphics issue =/

Heres a list of bugs i found

Engine 210 parks in ladder 10's bay an gets stuck

Ladder 51 gets stuck in the back door of the bay

Medic 410 parks cross ways in both bays an gets stuck if engine 236 is not in the bay

Engine 10 sometimes parks in engine 210's bay and gets stuck

other an that the mod works great

Im aware of all these and am working on solutions

The unit maybe.... I don't personally like it, And the fire chief wont work with out a tone of scripting which i don't care to do so no sorry =/

What if you don't let him call units just be like a normal firefighter

remember every department needs a chief

Edited by sgtmatt325

for realism there has to be a fire chief. Every station has a chief. Please add it.

I don't know where you're from, but not every station has a chief. In a major city, a chief may be responsible for numerous stations which make up his battalion or division. Even in a volunteer setting, there might not be a chief for every station. Considering that this map is modeled after Los Angeles, I would expect to see a battalion chief and MAYBE a division chief.

I didn't mean to sound it that way. I meant to say district has a chief, not station. That's my bad.

I'm from Vancouver. Majority of our District Halls have "acting" chiefs. Because we only have 1 fire chief and 1 deputy chief (should be 2, but he just retired) for 5 halls the highest ranking firefighter on duty becomes the acting Chief if a Chief is unable to respond to the call.

Along with our City Hall. It's 1 station, with 1 Fire Chief and 2 Dept Chiefs, they don't work weekends. So again, our highest ranking firefighter becomes the acting chief on that day(s).