rafaelmfernandez

Rescue Me TV series

I hate that show.

If it was more of following what a real FDNY firefighter does, it'd be more interesting. (Like that old show Emergency). But this one, occasionally follows some things the FDNY does, along with a confused alcoholic hero that has sex with his wife and her sister. It does have certain funny scenes, like the Marijuana fire, but overall I hate it.

I'd really like a modern show that's similar to Emergency, but unfortunately all people want these days is sex, violence and drama in a TV show. A show like Emergency on today would unfortunately never make it.

Guest SODeltaColt556

that shows gay bro... The Unit was much much better IMO, but then they gone and cancel it. but some things in that show werent real, lots of BS for TV but IRL spec ops dont roll like that :dry:

Agree with you njboy, I don't like that series and many series are becoming a junk full of drama and sex, about the violence I think sometimes is good, but not too much :P I liked Third Watch but went to worse, in the first seasons most was action but in the next ones they started filling the episodes of people crying and emotional crap, so I left watching it...

I'd like to watch Emergency but I don't know if it is translated to Spanish.

It used to be a great drama, I mean it was never supposed to be some sort of realistic depiction of day to day firefighting in NYC. But after season 5 the show turned to utter shit. The themes now are non existent and they seem to keep trying to add these twists which really do nothing to add to the plot. Enjoy watching the first few seasons while you still can and just pretend that season 5 was the finale.

I loved third watch but that came to an end. Rescue Me is alright but like if you like everything to be accurate; no pierce ladders, no ugly battalion chief cars, and other stuff; you wont really like it. The thing that really makes me angry is the fake tones. Sounds like they just threw something together on that one.

im not sure if he's a real firefighter but im friends with him because im at alot of the fire scenes they shoot so i can monitor the condition of the fire with my chief i've talked to mostly all of the characters on the show there all really funny :D

(and i think the lieutenant is a real ff i'l have to ask him or look it up online)John Scurti?

and i was watching a news piece on rescue me and on the bottom they did call him a lieutenant John Scurti so he might be a real ff like i said i'l look it up or ask him the next time i see him

im not sure if he's a real firefighter but im friends with him because im at alot of the fire scenes they shoot so i can monitor the condition of the fire with my chief i've talked to mostly all of the characters on the show there all really funny :D

I call that bs. if you're friends with him, then you should know if he's a firefighter ( which he isnt, btw) or not. I have doubt that you actually go on the set, and monitor the fires...let alone you might not be even a real firefighter...

proof please?

kids, its not cool to impersonate.

& john is only an actor. The Station Chief, Jerry Reilly ( Jack McGee,) is a former firefighter. In 1977, he became a firefighter for the FDNY in order to pursue his acting career. His first major role was firefighter film Turk 182.

He also is the voice of "Big Ed" in the WII game Real Heroes: Firefighter, as well as the driver and engineer in the movie "Backdraft".

I used to watch this some years ago when it was first shown on the TV. I really liked it as it was the first emergency related series I ever watched before watching the masterpiece called Third Watch :D. When I first saw it I didn't know a lot about real FDNY so it seemed realistic to me.

Rescue me was good untill season 3, then drama starts, I like it cause I have followed it since it started. One of the actors the driver i believe, he is in an out of episodes is an actually fire fighter. if you want a good FDNY show look up The Bravest tv show on google. The season is out for 15 bucks you cant download it.....i have looked all over. Its made by the creators of cops and it was pre 9/11 its really good