goog

L.A Mod units upgrade Sub-mod. 3.0 Fire/Police/Ambulance "OLD DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED" "NO DOWNLOAD" "WIP"

9 hours ago, dalton_rulez324 said:

Will this sub mod increase the mods minimum requirements that it will work with, or if you can use the current LA Mod with no issues then you can use this sub mod with no issues.

It shouldn't be that bad,I'm making the models as low poly as possible and as few texture files as I can get away with.We will spawn the map with just necessary fire apparatus and most will be called from off map.

Here's an example,I just re-made the model and skin of the rear KME and Pierce engine and now it is 168 polys as you see it now.I'll add leds and a few other things but this will be very low compared to what we had before.

bandicam 2021-04-10 02-47-33-757.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, dalton_rulez324 said:

Will this sub mod increase the mods minimum requirements that it will work with, or if you can use the current LA Mod with no issues then you can use this sub mod with no issues.

Another reason while you will most likely be fine is that there is a decent amount of ways to lower FPS like making mbfastcopy value to 0.

Hey guys, I wanted to show you the fresh changes that are being made to all the LED lights on our LAFD trucks, specifically, the Whelen 900 series lights. They did not satisfy me, so I compared it to one of my own 900's light and see what needs improving.

You'll see the differences in the video. I will do this fresh changes on all models that contain the 900s, and may further it to the rest of other whelen lights to reflect its accuracy. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, C.F.D said:

Hey guys, I wanted to show you the fresh changes that are being made to all the LED lights on our LAFD trucks, specifically, the Whelen 900 series lights. They did not satisfy me, so I compared it to one of my own 900's light and see what needs improving.

You'll see the differences in the video. I will do this fresh changes on all models that contain the 900s, and may further it to the rest of other whelen lights to reflect its accuracy. 

Great attention to detail. I like it.

11 hours ago, C.F.D said:

It's the attention to detail I like about this. Plus even though it was a decently small change, it looks way better. Keep it up!

Hi guys,well it took a few days but here is a completed KME engine.I remade the whole back box,replaced all high-poly models with new low poly versions and put all textures on one new uv mapped skin.The polys have been more than halved from the original version and will help greatly with game lag.The quality on the engine did not suffer at all and I think it's better now than the version it's replacing!(still have to add led spots on back of engine)

bandicam 2021-04-14 12-23-03-284.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, goog said:

Hi guys,well it took a few days but here is a completed KME engine.I remade the whole back box,replaced all high-poly models with new low poly versions and put all textures on one new uv mapped skin.The polys have been more than halved from the original version and will help greatly with game lag.The quality on the engine did not suffer at all and I think it's better now than the version it's replacing!(still have to add led spots on back of engine)

bandicam 2021-04-14 12-23-03-284.jpg

That is amazing! Nice work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes jeeves,I already have that made,but nice to see it's a slicktop...I'll convert the 2020 to one now!!!

Just an update,I have been working hard on the engines to de-poly and in most cases I totally made a new back and pump panel.I got 2 KME,1 2016 Pierce and a new 2020 Pierce completed now.

I'm currently working on re-doing the US&R and have given it a new model also.My goal of making them less poly has been successful and worth the effort.They have all been reduced greatly and now are probably better than before in quality and looks!!!

all engines below will be numbered appropriately before being added to game.

bandicam 2021-04-22 20-04-33-704.jpg

bandicam_2020-11-26_23-11-17-919.thumb.jpg.6f85c1d186ac1eb606846d49fe542761.jpg

• Like 6

Just to highlight one of the biggest changes on his models is that most of the surface mount emergency lights are textured on in order to reduce the amount of poly that would've affected in-game performances. By eliminating the 3d lights, we've cut hundreds, and some, thousands, of unnecessary polys, the game now runs very smoothly, especially with multiple units at an incident such as structure fires. Lights flashes smoother too. 

• Like 9