ShadyCB

What made LA MOD big?

Because it is good :)

and easier to use then say Winterberg mod

Hm. So the Models/Voice Acting/Sirens/Lights/New Textures, Doesn't matter? :P

Sorry if that looked like it was meant to be harsh it wasn't, I just don't know if this mod is due to LA's Name, The Servces or the gangs or the city, :s:S:S:S:S I need help on trying to figure out why it's so big

It appealed to me more than most mods because of the size of it, Also, Everything worked (To my knowledge)

Also, The Map was pretty good, So a combination of it being well made, Easy to use and fun probably :)

What made it so big? so populor?

Well, some would say that it contains all the features above.

It is well made, good scripted (everything worked), everything was new (new units, new commands, new voices, etc), the large specter of new missions must also be mentioned.

Also, The Map was pretty good

<---- What she said.

It made the game to be played in a whole new way.

It also had the benefit of beeing the largest mod available to its date.

I can also say that the LA Mod/Hoppah is the reason why EM modding is the way it is today. I do not belive the interest of modding would be so high if it where not for Hoppah and his LA Mod.

To sum up, the LA mod had all the factors a mod need to totaly change the original game.

Plus on top of that it was the first american mod for EM4. It appealed to more americans.

Very true, and most people do like america. Especially LA, since it is the home of the moviestars ;)

Who here has not pretended it was David Hasselhoff that died of a heart attack outside the burgershop in the game, Jessica Alba they saved from drowning. etc etc.. a massive confident booster for 14 year olds ;)

Their are also very nice submods for this big mod.

Yes there is, but if the LA mod has not been so big, people would not have made them. The Submods are an "aftershock" from the LA Mod. Another sign that the LA Mod, is and I do belive always will be THE mod for EM gaming.

I believe it is because its a very stabile mod.

It doesnt crash,no lag, no bugs etc.

A result of a well made mod if I may ad. Proper tested and followed up on ^^ :P

Think about it, if every mod maker would dedicate so much time and effort on theyr mod, the community would be filled with extremly good mods for every one to enjoy

And up until April this year, it was the only real american mod for either game (all others stole LA mod things)

Stole? No. Just because some things are implemented first in one thing doesn't make them prima donna material. Or original.

Come to think of it, whatever happened to the German NYMod?

And why the hell does it say I only have 1 post? I have 2253. Have some profile things also lost during this little transitional phase?

Stole? No. Just because some things are implemented first in one thing doesn't make them prima donna material. Or original.

Come to think of it, whatever happened to the German NYMod?

And why the hell does it say I only have 1 post? I have 2253. Have some profile things also lost during this little transitional phase?

cuz you called Hoppah's mod/elements from the mod for "prima donna material" xD hah .. funny :P

/The la mod was the first comprehensive us mod available, that on top of it's sandbox nature made it the premeire mod of em 4, I personally love hoop's addons because MOST are stable, but I miss the challenge, such is why i dev'd nyc...sry my keyboard is doa, so ive had to use "on screen keyboard" all day, pos it is..... I worked on his mod, usability was paramount, thats what made it great.