M1 Tanker

ModInstaller.exe will not work - 911 First Responders from Amazon

THANK YOU SO MUCH I was so frustrated trying to figure this out! Silly Amazon... lol Anyway, if it doesn't work the first time:

Try installing it BOTH in hkey_local_machine AND hkey_current_user - It didn't work when I did it only in local machine, but when I did it in current user, it worked; so, I'm not sure if you have to do it in both of them or just in current user. It's easy enough to do, though, so it can't hurt to do it in both places.

Secondly, make sure you check for typos! The littlest thing will screw it up; both times I installed it I accidentally typed "Program Filed" which caused me a lot of unnecessary confusion!

Finally, now that you are happy and have managed to get the LA Mod to work, I suggest getting the LA Dispatcher Mod. These two together are the only two mods I've found that are absolutely necessary to make the game extraordinarily awesomer than it already was! :D

Hi, is there still someone alive on this forum? :) I changed everything like u guys said and ModInstaller.exe is working now but i have other problem, when im looking for mod with this program it cant see LA mod. I dont know what to do in this case, please help if anyone there :)

Hey guys you kinda bumped an old topic but I'll see if I can help.

Hi, is there still someone alive on this forum? :) I changed everything like u guys said and ModInstaller.exe is working now but i have other problem, when im looking for mod with this program it cant see LA mod. I dont know what to do in this case, please help if anyone there :)

The LA mod does not require the modinstaller to work it is an .exe file just double click it and run it.

I'm still getting this issue after trying the registry edit in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Any suggestions?

I am sure that you very likely did it exactly as it was described but bare with me for a minute. If it were me I would go through the whole thing a second time first just to make sure that it took to the registry.

If that doesn't work I would recomend uninstalling the game and cleaning the registry quickly with a freeware program called CCleaner. Then reinstall the game and try the fix again if needed. **WARNING CCleaner will alter your registry please be sure you know what you are doing, as this can really mess up your computer. If you don't know find someone who does.**

Hey guys you kinda bumped an old topic but I'll see if I can help.

The LA mod does not require the modinstaller to work it is an .exe file just double click it and run it.

I am sure that you very likely did it exactly as it was described but bare with me for a minute. If it were me I would go through the whole thing a second time first just to make sure that it took to the registry.

If that doesn't work I would recomend uninstalling the game and cleaning the registry quickly with a freeware program called CCleaner. Then reinstall the game and try the fix again if needed. **WARNING CCleaner will alter your registry please be sure you know what you are doing, as this can really mess up your computer. If you don't know find someone who does.**

Thank you for the assistance, i have re-tried this registry edit multiple times and it is to no avail.

I will try CC cleaner tomorrow as it is late.

Thank you.

That is telling you that they are there but that they don't seem to be refering to anything. I would fix the issues (It will tell you that they will be deleted just fix them all at the same time). Make a backup just in case and then give that reinstall a try when you get some time.

Yes i know LA is exe file but when i try install it still say that setup couldnt find valid instalation :( As i said i made registry edit in both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

That is telling you that they are there but that they don't seem to be refering to anything. I would fix the issues (It will tell you that they will be deleted just fix them all at the same time). Make a backup just in case and then give that reinstall a try when you get some time.

I've tried deleting all the checked files in the registry cleaner, and re-installing, the game works fine, but the mod installer still won't open.

I'm getting the same error, i've tried installing it in different locations and applying the registry fix to both local machine and current user and it's made no difference.

Where can I find a program ModInstaller .. ?

You find this WizardWorks/911-First Responders in the main folder.

Maybe run "regedit" and push Ctrl+S and search "911-First Responders" and if you find, watch the registry tree, where is located. Second find the ModInstaller, if you find, whatch registry three. Maybe update all your games files.

i have the same problem too. I downloaded 911: First Responders from atari.com. The game plays fine, I cannot install any other mods because when I try to run ModInstaller.exe I receive an error that 911:First Responders is not properly installed. Please Reinstall. can anyone plz help

Read the first page pal and you won't regret it

I was able to get the ModInstaller working for 911 First Responders based on M1 Tanker's instructions. Just a couple points to add:

- Edit your Windows Registry at your own risk. Messing with things in there can cause major issues if you don't know what you are doing.

- You can install the game anywhere you like - Just make sure that when you add the Installdir registry entry, it references the game folder at it's actual installed location.

- The default install folder for the Atari version (download from Amazon) is C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders (32 bit OS) or C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders (64 bit OS).

- Make sure the Installdir property references the actual installed location (I.E. C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 -First Responders)

- Be sure to add the registry entry to both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER Keys.

- The ModInstaller (ModInstaller.exe) is located in the folder the game is installed in.

For the Los Angeles Mod, it will initially throw an error that it can't find the install location. This is okay; click continue and you will be able to specify the install location later in the installer. You do not need to use the ModInstaller to install it. The LA Mod will be listed as an installed mod in ModInstaller after it is installed.

For the NYC mod, run the ModInstaller, Click install Package, and browse to the .mod file. Click Ok and it will install. If you get an error that the package is corrupt, go back and verify that the Installdir registry key exisit under HKLM and HKCU and that it references your game folder.

Hope this helps those of you still having trouble.

Enjoy!

ok I need help BARNEY STYLE. I downloaded 911 first responders from amazon and it says the 911 first responders was not properly installed. please reinstall when I try to open the mod installer. so I followed the directions above and nothing. I do not really know computers that much but I have windows 7. Can someone please help me..... with 1st grade directions. Thanks

ok I need help BARNEY STYLE. I downloaded 911 first responders from amazon and it says the 911 first responders was not properly installed. please reinstall when I try to open the mod installer. so I followed the directions above and nothing. I do not really know computers that much but I have windows 7. Can someone please help me..... with 1st grade directions. Thanks

Did you follow directions step by step on the first page? I followed those and it worked fine. I have a new problem, I cant find editor now? anyway to find it other than making a target line?