MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

hi everyone. im trying to buy emergency 4 to download the nyc mod. i cant find it anywhere. is 2014 the same. any info would be helpful, i am in NYC if that helps.

Thanks

luis

I think amazon.com still has it, and the atari website has it as well.. Idk if either of them have issues with the modinstaller or not, so someone else will have to answer that one.

Hiiii guys, do you know where I can change the random car spawn script in freeplay? I would like to pick the unit I want to send manually...thank you in advance :D

Well, the first step is you have to create unit folders for each instance of vehicle. You would have to make unit pictures and make unit.xml files for each vehicle. Afterwards, you must include them in some of the .xml files in the Specs folder. Refer to this for complete guide into adding each unit.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/tutorials/article/1-emergency-4-adding-vehicles/

Then, you got to disable the script from activating which is a whole different task.

All in all, easy for an experienced modder. Not so for anyone not used to repetitive tasks.

Good Evening! Just wanted to know do you know where I can obtain a working New York City V 1.01 Mod for Emergency 4. I tried downloading the one here and using my mod installer to install it and it said file is corrupted and will not install for me. It downloaded and extracted without any errors. I am using Windows 8.1 with a running Mod Installer. Please reply back to me and let me know about this. Thanks a lot!

I just verified the download is fine on the server for this site, what you have to do is delete the file off your computer, clear your temporary internet files and re-download the file, sometimes b/c of connection issues the download does not fully complete correctly causing that error message, the above method usually resolves it.  I use chrome to download and it worked fine for me.

I downloaded this Mod and it works very well for me and was able to find it. I have another question for you as well is this version the most recent version of the Mod you have or do you have other versions as well I can download and play. Please reply back to me and let me know about this. Thanks a lot!

The currently uploaded version is the most recent release, we are working on a new version that is basically totally new but a new map and other goodies takes a great deal of time, once that is done we intend to release said version.  We kind of skipped the whole 1.03/4/5/6 mentality and are just jumping to a large overhaul.  Sorry about that delay but it's how we've opted to do the upgrade for the mod.

The currently uploaded version is the most recent release, we are working on a new version that is basically totally new but a new map and other goodies takes a great deal of time, once that is done we intend to release said version.  We kind of skipped the whole 1.03/4/5/6 mentality and are just jumping to a large overhaul.  Sorry about that delay but it's how we've opted to do the upgrade for the mod.

will the freeplay map also be the multiplayer one?

When doing that, all you get is "mod package corrupt"... Happens with anything that you try to upload using the mod installer... 

I downloaded the mod package that is currently on the site all but a month ago, the package is not corrupted, it does indeed work. Chances are your browser did not successfully download the  mod correctly, try clearing your temp internet files cache and/or using a different browser.  The package found on the site's download section is fine.

will the freeplay map also be the multiplayer one?

The multiplayer map will be changed, it won't be exactly the same as the new freeplay map but it won't be the default mp map anymore.

Hello,

I would also like to report some issues with the siren working ingame. I am able to hear everything else except the sirens.

Per this forum, I have made sure that the following files are in my NYC MOD 1.01 folder.

• airhorn_cars
  • airhorn_trucks
  • ambulance_01
  • ambulance_02
  • police_01
  • police_02
  • trucks_01
  • trucks_02

I have played all of these with VLC media player (WMP does not work for me) and can hear the sounds perfectly except for Emsiren series, which does not appear to have any sound.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much!  :holdglass:

The sirens work, so it is a local issue, from the sounds of it you prob need to get k-lite codec pack to make your wmp able to play these files, which should resolve the issue with the sirens not working I believe.  If it works in WMP it'll work in the game, the game doesnt use VLC so it doesnt work as a suitable "test"

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to modding for this game. The only mod I've ever played (read: The only mod that has ever worked for me) has been the L.A. mod. I would normally be content to just play that mod, but now I am starting to get bored. I tried to install this mod, but nothing loads when I select the mod in game. I have 911: First Responders. Any idea why it will not load for me?

Not for this moment no. EM4 came with a ModInstaller which works just as fine. Perhaps even faster because you only have to double click the e4mod file.

The mod installer does NOT work with 911: First Responders....at all....

Hello, the mod installer DOES in fact work, certain versions of the game out there unfortunately have issues with their mod installers not working, though far as I know most of those have found workarounds for the issue.  It is related to the registries in those digital versions.

The mod installer is required to install this modification, if the modification installed properly through the modinstaller and is in your modifications listed within the game (Along with in the game's mod directory).  Try waiting for a few minutes when you load the mod, some mods take longer than others to load, especially depending on the machines they are installed on, some people's computers do it in under 1 minute, others can take as high as 7-10 minutes to load the mods... Idk why it doesnt at least tell you it's loading the mods but it doesnt.  

If the mod is in the game directory:mods:mod file folder name:

Verify there are items within that folder, we know for a fact the mod does work fine, as its been around for quite some time, it could very well be issues with your particular version of the digital download causing issues for you.  Where did you get your version of the game from? 

The fix I had to use when I got a new laptop.:

Problem Solved, see below how I got it to work. I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then
hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to
expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand
the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.
Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.
Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.
Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.
In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking
on Exit.

I had to do some trial and error to make it work from this post here http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/3120-mod-installer-not-working/ . Thanks mercurygrandmarquis1