MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Any chance were going to see the coast guard rescue boat? atleast for the single player? since the coast guard dose have a heavy involvement in the NJ/NJ Port system?

Any chance were going to see the coast guard rescue boat? atleast for the single player? since the coast guard dose have a heavy involvement in the NJ/NJ Port system?

It's possible but I would not hold your breath on that one, the next version we've already decided for the most part what we want to add, another boat that can pluck people out of the water is not totally necessary, not unless we make alot more water-rescue missions for the new map... If we do I'll add that lil coast guard toy boat they use for water patrols somehow into the mod off-map but still able to grab people from the water... To be honest we've not decided quite yet what all missions we want to torment ya'll with... Either way we are going to make most of you hate us because this mod is intended to be a challenge not a click, play around 20 mins on an incident, get a new incident type of deal... This mod is meant to make you angry... Think of it as staffer's revenge=)

This probably said before but, are you going to do new missions?

About the coast guard boat, if you decide to add in another version you could reskin to the NYPD boat, or the FDNY boat that are similars.

God the NYPD ones are ugly... But I digress..

We do indeed intend to do missions down the road, right now we want to fill out Freeplay and hopefully make a supported MP system along with deluxue for the next version.. I wanted to let everyone have a new toy to suffer with err imean play with *acts innocent* .... So I released it earlier than I'd have liked, so some features were omitted, so we'll have to retry them for V2... The tower ladder, new helicopters, some new scripts are all scheduled for the next version along with a new map that is more or less a "sample" of an area of NYC that isnt totally high-rises... Unfortunately high rises don't work in this game lest ye enjoy seeing helos fly though them and cameras smash into them.=-( So we gotta work around that on this one, hopefully our "sampler" while not to scale will be sufficient to give the feel of nyc... Figure add in some more merican crappy cars err imean traffic cars *whistles innocently* and it'll make a nice V2.... Later version(s) we'll focus on missions but what we have ahead of us are more complex items that working in the original freeplay framework probrably should not work..... So unfortunately tinkering with them and finding ways around the issues are the priority, not just adding more toys that serve much the same purpose=) Hopefully everyone understands the direction we're trying with this mod, fun, but also useful toys... not just something because it can be done, but something that might actually make handling a mission/freeplay mission more effective, we're going to try to see if we can make em all work...

Time will tell but that's the agenda of the mod at this time;)

EDIT:

For those who've contacted me or wish to do a sub-mod based on this system... Please refrain until the V1.0 patch is released for this mod before you attempt to tamper with it, otherwise you'll just be wasting your time, the number of things we've changed/corrected are so great that it's a total waste of your time and energy to tamper with the 1.0 Initial release... Wait for the patched version before you attempt to tamper with it please. The patch for 1.0 is nearly completed adding features and reworking some existing ones has unfortunately delayed the release of it but hopefully people will be happier with the alterations done to the mod that make it challenging while adding some of the things that did not make V.1.0 Initial.

The mod was started about 1.5 years ago give or take a month... I had to go away for work so production stopped for a time in the middle there... In reality around 9-11 months went into the project as it stands now... Most of it spent making all the models that had to be made to make the NYC feel.

The next update will be a patch to resolve all the known issues that have been encountered and to put in a few features we just forgot to put into it that were supposed to be there, unfortunately one update to the mod is giving a fit so we're trying to resolve that one currently. There are only two issues left outstanding until the patch is complete, then it will be released once those things are done and verified.

The next update will be a patch to resolve all the known issues that have been encountered and to put in a few features we just forgot to put into it that were supposed to be there, unfortunately one update to the mod is giving a fit so we're trying to resolve that one currently. There are only two issues left outstanding until the patch is complete, then it will be released once those things are done and verified.

I'm sure I'm speaking for many when I say,

I'm very patient and optimistic with this mod, as it was released without many of our knowledge, it came as a complete surprise and it is a very great gameplay experience.

Everyone who is working on the mod: Take your time, and thankyou for your hard work :)

I also personally appreciate the textual updates from mikey and nfk concerning the mod. It's always nice to know that the developers are active with the community.

I'm kind of a meanie when it comes to pretty pictures... Some things I'd rather hold off showing since they can always end up changing or omitted and I'd rather not share all those aspects until we know it's going to work and stay in the mod... Some features meant for V1.0 had to be removed due to the sheer random bugs they created, rather than set hopes and then have to turn around and say no... We try to keep everyone up to date without building hope on a function/feature that might end up having to either be removed entirely or put off for a later version... We try our best in that regards so we kinda keep alotta details closer to the vest...

On the till for the next true version update (not just the patch) is to try to make the Tower ladder work correctly, some new helicopters to replace the generic ones that were tossed in there just to hold their places, a new map, and a few new features to start... Once all that is done we'll see what else we might want to do but that's the agenda for the next real version.

Any chance were going to see the wye from the la mod, or a different augmentation? NYC having large set backs and the wooded areas on the map it would be nice to see something along those lines, unless there is a way to add legnth to the hoses. maybe a standpipe system in the enterable buildings, or industrial buildings so you can attach hoses for interior firefighting?

Wye, I know my personal opinion on it, is that it kinda is useless, since the new map will be almost all urban, and there will be very few missions in which you don't have a hydrant to connect to close enough...

Stnadpipes on enterable buildings poses a problem i think since the building would need a child added and as far as I know, there would be a fair bit of scripting needed

Unless Hooper fixed it in a later version I found the Wye to be fairly buggy I'd place the sob and it wouldnt go away.... Hard to connect to and disconnect... If that was resolved I might add it even though it serves limited purpose in urban areas.... If it's the same as what I remembah of it, then I sure as hell don't want it because that thing made me mad on more than one occasion....

The standpipe concept is possible, it just requires creativity in placement of the thing so the FF isnt "trapped" in the floor, chances are the hose will go through walls though which is why in the original game it was not permitted to exist, they couldnt find a way to dynamically make the hoses go around objects... just like the furrengines.