MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

What if you tried to add a seagrave TDA Ex. 101 truck

Won't be doing this because trailers can't have physics and I am not satisfied with how the tillers look when dragged around the map.

or maybe a seagrave Aerialscope Ex. Tower 146

Tower ladder is scheduled for a later version, it's not as simple as a conventional ladder is, it requires scripting and in V1 we wanted to try to ensure the mod worked not just put in things that might potentially be incapable of doing the task(s) required.

and also a third possible engine Ex. Engine 152 just some suggestions.

Additional engines are scheduled for a later release they will not make it into the mod's patch at this time. We will probrably end up putting the engines into a random script not unlike the police cars so the UI does not become a total mess starting with them in order of proximity unlike the PD which comes "randomly" we will probrably end up sending the engines out by who'd really come one after another etc. But I'm not 100% on how we're going to handle that just yet, it is V1 after all=)

We already filled the stations for now, so we don't need suggestions on what to put into them... Someone misunderstood the post that stated we had an extra slot, it had subsequently been filled by 61.

for the ambulances, just make sure the have the FDNY 911 participating ambulance logo on the front doors. Ambulances that don't have those logos don't run 911 calls in the city. This includes volunteer (not to be confused with voluntary) units, and yes, that means if you're sitting 50 feet from the central park medical unit's garage and call 911 for an ambulance, you will be waiting for the closest available FDNY or voluntary unit to arrive. Also NYPD highway patrol units use metal bars with surface mount LEDs on them as high rise bars, rather than the highrise bars the FDNY uses on the Battalion Cheif cars (which are no longer being put on the new battalion trucks).

NYPD_Highway_Patrol_Dodge_Charger.jpg

Are you guys going to implement a 10 code type of dispatch system? I mean, are you going to tell us which units to send. We don't HAVE to follow it but just to know? Just wondering?

Ladder 61?! Those are my guys haha. Suggestion: Could you guys add a charger HP?

Squad 61 Is what filled the slot... Charger HP? *doesnt know which unit you're speaking of.. If it's hwy patrol Chargers they already exist.

for the ambulances, just make sure the have the FDNY 911 participating ambulance logo on the front doors. Ambulances that don't have those logos don't run 911 calls in the city. This includes volunteer (not to be confused with voluntary) units, and yes, that means if you're sitting 50 feet from the central park medical unit's garage and call 911 for an ambulance, you will be waiting for the closest available FDNY or voluntary unit to arrive. Also NYPD highway patrol units use metal bars with surface mount LEDs on them as high rise bars, rather than the highrise bars the FDNY uses on the Battalion Cheif cars (which are no longer being put on the new battalion trucks).

We will keep that in mind for the ambulancers.... As for the NYPD Hwy cars, they are not all brand new, hence why some have the old ones, some have the new LED model ones... The mod isnt all the latest units, some of them go back a good bit before LED started taking off in NYC, hence the old Hi-Risers being on them=) 2002-2008ish not all of em are specifically from the newest generation.

Are you guys going to implement a 10 code type of dispatch system? I mean, are you going to tell us which units to send. We don't HAVE to follow it but just to know? Just wondering?

I'm not sure to be honest, the code system could be hard for people to work with who are not emergency services... Having to read a manual to understand what is going on might be a pain for some users.

According to Pearl71, It will be great to see Haz-Tac ambulance - very fuctional unit, if it can take infected people. Also Rescue medics ambulance. :holdglass:

I have a picture of an older one pre-new inverted ugly headlights, the problem is that it is not as simple as that the script for ambulances has to be modified to be for that vehicle and that one alone... So that'll be added to a later version of the mod, the patch can't get that... It was intended to make V1 but time constraints kind of won out.

This mod is awsome, one of the best i ever played actually.

And that hoppah has returned is also great!

Heres some tips for the mod to be a little better ( i know that most of those has already been sugested )

More traffic/civilians - for the nyc feeling ;)

Different numbers on the battalion vehicles when they are called of the map.

Different ambulances.

May be something more, but i cant remember.

/ matte

Guest CyniacuL

i installed it, it shows up when i go to computer/program files and through that, but in game, i click "Modifications" and it shows "Emergency 4 and Los Angeles Mod" How do I fix this?

This mod is awsome, one of the best i ever played actually.

And that hoppah has returned is also great!

Heres some tips for the mod to be a little better ( i know that most of those has already been sugested )

More traffic/civilians - for the nyc feeling ;)

Different numbers on the battalion vehicles when they are called of the map.

Different ambulances.

May be something more, but i cant remember.

/ matte

The rest of the ideas are on the cards, the traffic/civilians aspect will be explored once we have a new map for the mod... Traffic is a tricky thing, the game really is more like an orchestrated dance of sorts on how traffic flows, if a computer isnt in synch with the timing it can cause traffic jams, which usually result in cars just stopping dead... Kind of hard to guess what tolerance you can get away with on this game, but we will try to make traffic heavier on a new map when we do it.... The original map has too many "problem" roads that would backup very easy on it.

Lets Play 20 Questions!

:P Just kidding. The mod is great, and I don't know why people keep giving you guys suggestions. From my experiences you guys usually either know the answer, or have plans to meet what the community wants.

With that said, I do have one small question. I noticed you have some units capable of water rescue, which means we plan on utilizing the water on this map. Do you plan on making any Port Authority units also?

Lets Play 20 Questions!

:P Just kidding. The mod is great, and I don't know why people keep giving you guys suggestions. From my experiences you guys usually either know the answer, or have plans to meet what the community wants.

With that said, I do have one small question. I noticed you have some units capable of water rescue, which means we plan on utilizing the water on this map. Do you plan on making any Port Authority units also?

People have things they'd like to see, sometimes they fit into a modification, sometimes they don't... In the end though everyone would like something different=)

The water rescue toys will be required more on the new map, we honestly did not know how the dual deployable boats was going to work, and evidently they seem to work pretty well so we can work with them a bit more with some confidence. I have not given much thought to the Port Authority to be totally honest, most of the units that I have on the docket evolve the gameplay in one way or another so I have a list of things I need to do for the next version but I have not put much thought into which of the alternative departments roaming NYC will be added, most of them though if added would be for cosmetics/variety.

Nice mod I haven't seen it yet but you should add an auluxiary if you don't have one.

No we do not have aux police as they are quite redundant in purpose and appearance compared to other NYPD units.

Nice mod but is simply was not for me. The units were quite frankly confusing. Could I suggest adding helpful descriptions to vehicles to tell us what they do? Maybe a few more commands to cops? O.O

I don't understand what is confusing about the unit list, NY units are very straightforward, DCU and R1's boat are probrably the only complicated vehicles in the mod, everything else is very similar to things you've all played with before.

Love the mod...

I read the ReadMe and ther was nothing on the subject of the alterations for the LA Mod working for this Mod. Is it two totally different things?

Two totally different mods, this one just borrowed some of the commands from the LA mod that fit into the intent of the mod.

Will you be adding the drop diver command to the USCG Helo?

It would require a script, it is something we want to look into but we have doubts on how to make it work relatively glitch-free.... To drop a diver would require a script tp restrict only to work over water, then have a way to recover him to the helicopter... Complex script that we would have to make just to test the theory, and I can bet there will be bugs. So it's a possibility not guarenteed.

I don't understand what is confusing about the unit list, NY units are very straightforward, DCU and R1's boat are probrably the only complicated vehicles in the mod, everything else is very similar to things you've all played with before.

I am british and here we have very simple units. I struggled with LA Mod quite a bit until I read a guide on LA Units and how the system works. Could such a guide be created on New York Mod? Thanks.

Overall the mod is great :) but got a few Ideas to help improve game play if possible.

1. Add a command to where units at the fire station will not leave the rigs after returning to the station. (not sure if this is intended to increase the strategy)

2. I'm not sure if this is considered a bug or I just screwed something up, but I am not getting the variety of vehicles offered by the editor.( for example the different color ESU Suv's, and different patrol car models.)

3. Some sort of helipad to land the helicopters at, maby 1 in the maps corner so it doesn't have to go off the map after every use.

I realize some of this is to increase strategy,just my 2 cents.

I am british and here we have very simple units. I struggled with LA Mod quite a bit until I read a guide on LA Units and how the system works. Could such a guide be created on New York Mod? Thanks.

I'll start one for the next version, just explaining full use of everything in the game, for those who don't know a thing about NY systems

Overall the mod is great :) but got a few Ideas to help improve game play if possible.

1. Add a command to where units at the fire station will not leave the rigs after returning to the station. (not sure if this is intended to increase the strategy)

2. I'm not sure if this is considered a bug or I just screwed something up, but I am not getting the variety of vehicles offered by the editor.( for example the different color ESU Suv's, and different patrol car models.)

3. Some sort of helipad to land the helicopters at, maby 1 in the maps corner so it doesn't have to go off the map after every use.

I realize some of this is to increase strategy,just my 2 cents.

1. They leave because if they get hurt, you don't want near dead men sitting in the truck, plus it's realistic.

2. Yes, when you call more than one of certain vehicles,such as RMPs, ESU SUVs, and HWY RMPs off of the map, they randomly spawn a different one. It's to let you guys have different towys while at the same time not cluttering the menu

3. We're working on adding a nice heliport to the map, don't you worry(PS By we, I mean me ;) )