Stefio

Black screen then desktop

Hi everyone I know there has been a lot of topics about EM4 and I have tried almost everything that you suggest but it still dosent work so I hope that one of you can explain what is wrong. :help::help:

When I try to start it up the screen turns black for 2 sec and then it closes down.

no mods?

It's not playing because the screen resolution for the game is wrong.

Go to the program files for the game and open the 'em4.cfg' file that is in there using notepad. Find

<var name="r_xres" value="1152" />
<var name="r_yres" value="864" />

And change the x value to 1366 and the y value to 768. It should work after this.

It's not playing because the screen resolution for the game is wrong.

Go to the program files for the game and open the 'em4.cfg' file that is in there using notepad. Find

<var name="r_xres" value="1152" />
<var name="r_yres" value="864" />

And change the x value to 1366 and the y value to 768. It should work after this.

When I try that and I want to save te chances it says access denied... du you know any way to get around that?

When I try that and I want to save te chances it says access denied... du you know any way to get around that?

Right click the file and click properties. Click the 'security' tab and click the 'edit' box, select 'users' in the top box and then tick the 'allow' box for 'full control'.

Alternatively, save the file to the desktop, then copy and paste it into the program files folder.