Grim_Wizard

The SWAT 4 topic

Erm title says it all. I'm using flashbangs but then I walked into the main area of the store and that crazy bitch unloaded 2 shots to reynold's face and managed to injure everyone befire I got her down. I haven't tried breaching with gas, is there a more safe way? I got like a 17 on that mission.

Ah, nice to see someone here plays SWAT 4. It's one of my favorite games. :) The main area of the store is often tricky to deal with. For this map, I usually carry CS because flash bangs don't always affect suspects behind cover. You could enter the building from the back door near the bathrooms so that you can avoid the office window so that you won't be spotted by any suspects that might be in the main shopping area. Once inside the building, I wedge the two doors on the right, wedging the main area door and the door leading to the lounge. I usually mirror those doors myself and see what's inside of those areas before going to the office.

Then I gas and clear the office and proceed to the freezer. Once in the freezer, watch the windows on the right and stack up on the door if it's safe to do so. If you see any suspects near the wedged doors and there aren't any suspects near the freezer door, then it might be best to enter and gas from the other doors depending on where the suspects are located.

Single player games on SWAT 4 can be tricky and frustrating at times since your teammates are AIs. Co-op with a great team of human players beats the AI team any day. That's why it's my favorite mode to play in. Good luck with your Quik Fuel mission. :)

I find the secondary entrance(not hte front door) with a quick pick with the optiwand will help.

I always equip one guy from each team, as well as myself with the optiwand. Eveyrone gets flashes, and usually I deliver gas primary gun, and pistol secondary, or rifle primary and tazer secondary to make sure we get the most arrests possible. But yeah, stack up, wand the door, flash it if it's hot, just clear if it's not and you just repeat for all closed doors, and you'll be fine.. Avoind going into the shop front though at all costs, it's open, and there are at least 5 spots to kill from, so your team is at high risk in there.

I usually take a while to set up my assualt. I take wedges and seal all the secondary doors to the main store. I'll enter from behind the counter with both flash and sting grenades. Usually they'll either be startled or take off running (till they find the wedged doors). The trick is aggressively pursuing the runners and hit them with less lethal weapons. It doesn't always pan out, but a lot of the time the super aggressive attack pays off.

Gas is always a good choise if you want an easy solution. Imo, gas is just too easy. try send Blue from one door and Red from another, and see what comes out of it. If this wont work, get your tazer out, open a door, sneak towards her and taze her.

: MISSION FAILED :

YOU HAVE BEEN INCAPACITATED

Sure depends on how you enter though.. :P

I got the same prob about entering a room, in the walcott projects. My idiots of teammembers storm a room and get shot by a dude standing behind a door. -.-"

>.< on food wall theres that bed room upstairs, I was about to breech with tear gas and I did deploy CS and enter. Well they deploy CS but they don't enter. I thought they had so I go in and the level boss came in and shot me in the head with a shotgun. :(

It's a very easy mission.

Just a tip, is to use the cs-gas on small spaces, like toilets or small rooms.

The suspects will shot at the door but they will soon start to cough because of the gas.

Or if its a big room, use the distraction grenade, but do not look directly at it when you throw it!

The gas are also good when its alot of peoples in a room, specially with the HK69A1 ( gasgun in stetchkov.. )

Yeah just found stechkov today, but I think multiplayer is corrupted. Have to say I have a good mission I set up. Hospital with 20 hostages, ranging from nurses, patients, doctors, and janitors; and one suspect, a nurse armed only with a hand gun. The whole basis of the mission is a "going postal" rampage in the ER/Childrens ward area. Haven't put on SSF yet, thinking I may. Have my food wall completly mapped out.

Step 1: Have red team cover front entrance while myself and blue team goes around back.

Step 2: Secure the alley way and wedge the back door.

Step 3: Meet up with red team at front entrance.

Step 4: Gas and clear dining area.

Step 5: Gas and clear restroom hallway.

Step 6: Wedge door to kitchen.

Step 7: Red team flashes and clears woman's restroom, Blue team flashes and clears mens restroom.

Step 8: Blue team optiwands closet on first floor. Then clears it.

Step 9: Gas and clear kitchen. (This is the hard part because there is often a gangster in the door way of the toher hall way.

Step 10: Wedge the door to the stairs.

Step 11: Flash and sting the freezer (This is hard with the AI because there is one corner where the pathing screws over and you can get the entire team killed.)

Step 12: Gas and clear main stair well and top of stairs.

Step 13: Gas and clear upstairs living room (Picking up MAC-10).

Step 14: Wedge the door to the bed room.

Step 15: Optiwind under door. If all suspects are clear of the door, plant a C2 charge on it, then flash and clear.

Step 16: If suspect is in bathroom wedge the door and optiwind to establish his location. If he is near the door see 17a if he is far from the door see 17b.

Step 17a: Remove the wedge, and deploy a crap load of gas outside so that when you open it the criminal is affected too.

Step 17b: Blow it open and taze him.

Well see the whole idea is that it's more realistic. Think about it, what's MORE likely going to happen? 20 terrorists decending on an emergency room in America, or one lone, pissed off person that has a grievance against their work place? I really don't find the later missions really fun, as it goes from something realistic, to the most f'd up city in the universe. So I prefer the more realistic stuff, which is why quick mission editor is your friend. The first two missions are pretty realistic, qwik mart is like, really 10 suspects armed with shotguns and AKs going after a convience store vault and prescription abuse, red library semi realistic, diamond mart a little ralistic, other then that not really realistic. : \

In this case it's kind of hard because the enemy AI is seeking out civilians and S.W.A.T. freaking scarred the crap out of me when she came from a room I had cleared and went insane with a Skorpian (Changed the loadout a little variety.) Using the grenade launcher with hacked ammo.

Speaking of grenades, had a very very bad use of a stinger grenade. I have no earthly idea how but I was doing the SSF mission whit the russian president, I Get down the first flight of stairs, prep a sting, throw it and I threw it just so it bounced enough to come out of the door way and right at my team mates foot. So I'm disoriented, and I see where a suspect was, and he starts shooting so I open fire back, it manages to hit another officer and kills him while said terrorist kills another man on my crew. But what does the last guy on the crew do? Does he take out the terrorist shooting at us so we could possibly finish the mission? NO! He turns around and unloads buckshot into my face. > : ( I was so pissed off.