customshirts

Em4 vs 911FR... Need Help please

Greetings,

Because of this site... I went ahead and ordered 911FR from Atari... because I read that the 911FR product was "American English". So I purchased the software, downloaded it and tried to activate it and got the error... "Activation Failed - Server Error - wrong/invalid serial". I copied and pasted the activation / serial code a dozen times and even hand typed the code... yes in ALL CAPS. :) Still got the error.

On the Activation screen there is a button for Customer Service... which leads to Atari's Customer Service, where I submitted a ticket and was told i have to contact Digital River. Contacted Digital River... and they issued me 2 new serial numbers... both came up with the same errors... again with typing it in and copying directly from emails. Did anyone else have this problem with 911FR?

Now on the activation screen there is also an area where I could Manually Activate the software... and I asked the Digital River Rep for the Unlock Code. She said that I have to contact Atari for that.... Which I did. And Atari resends me back to Digital River. So basically I have the program installed for 2 days and cant use it because I cant get it activated... So I requested a refund.

But I want to play the game.

So my question is... what are the difference between Em4 and 911FR and what do most of the American users... especially those using the LA and NY mods... which versions do you use? I can get EM4 as a hard copy from Amazon.

On several youtube videos I see LA vehicles.. but sometimes hear the foreign languages... so Im almost not wanting to get Em4.

Can any of you steer me in the right direction here? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Tim

(customshirts)

Just humor me, you're connected to the internet on the same computer you installed 911 FR on right?

LOL Too funny Gerard. I have my stupid days.. but when it comes to installing and using software, I know what I am doing. Yes.. connected to the internet. In fact before I get the error message... It says connected to Activation Server... Request Sent... then the request denied message. So its not my internet access... because Im writing this on the very same computer. ;)

What version of the software do you use?

Thanks for the laugh. :)

Tim

The question was: you're connected to the Internet on the same computer you installed 911 FR on right? :) because if you activated it on another computer and are now trying on a new one...well good luck

So I don't think it's that funny

The answer is YES!!!! I Ordered it on one computer... Downloaded it on the same computer... installed it on the same computer... trying to register it on the same computer... the same computer I access this forum from... so it is the same and ONLY PC I have... and obviously it has internet connection.

Like i said I know what I am doing when it comes to installing and using software.

However... If you RE-READ my message... Im not asking for help with the activation of the 911FR Software. Again here was my question:

So my question is... what are the difference between Em4 and 911FR and what do most of the American users... especially those using the LA and NY mods... which versions do you use? I can get EM4 as a hard copy from Amazon.

The question has nothing to do with what computer I am on or if I have internet access or not.

So if anyone can just help me by letting me know what software they use etc... that would be really appreciated... so I know whether or not to retry downloading and installing the 911FR software online or just buy a hard copy of EM4.

Thank you

Tim

LOL Too funny Gerard. I have my stupid days.. but when it comes to installing and using software, I know what I am doing. Yes.. connected to the internet. In fact before I get the error message... It says connected to Activation Server... Request Sent... then the request denied message. So its not my internet access... because Im writing this on the very same computer. ;)

What version of the software do you use?

Thanks for the laugh. :)

Tim

Well that was actually a serious question.

I had some issueson mine and I had to connect to dialup to get it to work correctly, but even then it took a second or two.

I assume that your copy isn't pirated as well.

But since you say that your computer is connecting to the server and saying that the activation process was connected to server, it sounds like a server error, like you're hitting up the wrong port or something.

The answer is YES!!!! I Ordered it on one computer... Downloaded it on the same computer... installed it on the same computer... trying to register it on the same computer... the same computer I access this forum from... so it is the same and ONLY PC I have... and obviously it has internet connection.

Like i said I know what I am doing when it comes to installing and using software.

However... If you RE-READ my message... Im not asking for help with the activation of the 911FR Software. Again here was my question:

The question has nothing to do with what computer I am on or if I have internet access or not.

So if anyone can just help me by letting me know what software they use etc... that would be really appreciated... so I know whether or not to retry downloading and installing the 911FR software online or just buy a hard copy of EM4.

Thank you

Tim

I don't think there is any difference between them, Tim. If you were not satisfied with 911: FR / Atari, just buy the EM4 version.

911: FR is just a english version of the EM4 game. 911: FR is made from Atari and EM4 is sixteen tons entertainment. I play the LA Mod with EM4 Deluxe and even though it is in another language, once you install the LA or NY mod, it basically translates to English and your playing American engines / sirens etc.

No matter which one you get, you won't have any problems playing the LA mod or the NY mod. To load the mod you installed, just go to Modifications > Click on LA or NY Mod > Click Load > Screen will freeze for up to 5 minutes while it is loading your mod and then it will take you back to the main menu when done loading. From there you can play campaign missions or freeplay.

Well that was actually a serious question.

I had some issueson mine and I had to connect to dialup to get it to work correctly, but even then it took a second or two.

I assume that your copy isn't pirated as well.

But since you say that your computer is connecting to the server and saying that the activation process was connected to server, it sounds like a server error, like you're hitting up the wrong port or something.

I Figured it was some silly server error. I tried to re-purchase the software on my office computer just to see if maybe my computer has an issue... but I got the same problem... Invalid Serial number. So I was refunded for both programs today.

Thanks for your reply just the same Gerard.

Tim

I don't think there is any difference between them, Tim. If you were not satisfied with 911: FR / Atari, just buy the EM4 version.

911: FR is just a english version of the EM4 game. 911: FR is made from Atari and EM4 is sixteen tons entertainment. I play the LA Mod with EM4 Deluxe and even though it is in another language, once you install the LA or NY mod, it basically translates to English and your playing American engines / sirens etc.

No matter which one you get, you won't have any problems playing the LA mod or the NY mod. To load the mod you installed, just go to Modifications > Click on LA or NY Mod > Click Load > Screen will freeze for up to 5 minutes while it is loading your mod and then it will take you back to the main menu when done loading. From there you can play campaign missions or freeplay.

Thank you!!

Thank you!!

Thanks for answering my question. I just bought bidded on and won a copy of Em3 & Em4 on ebay for $10 plus $3.50 shipping. Im thinking having the actual CD and entering a serial number will be better then trying to deal with their server issue.

Where did you get the deluxe version? Can you PM me with that? On youtube I saw a video of small plane getting ready to take off while jumbo jet is about to land... but I could not see any videos on that scenerio from Deluxe. is it awesome? I would buy another copy just for that. LOL

Thank you again for actually answering my question about the differences and the versions etc. I really appreciate it.

Now all I have to do is wait for my disks to come!

Tim

Got the CD for Em 3 and Em 4 and they work fine!! No need to enter a serial... just need the CD which is fine. :) And it's English! Woo Hoo.

I have to tell you that this game is addicting! After playing for nearly 5 hours... then heading off to bed... it seems like the game was part of my dream. Whats up with that? LOL

Thanks for you r help again!

Tim

(CustomShirts)

Guest BezVolly

I ran into the exact same problem you did after buying it from Atari.

After several emails and phone calls with atari and digital river (the secuROM software developer)

They finally found a solution to the 'invalid serial' error.

Nevertheless I'm glad you found a solution as well!