goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

On 2/27/2016 at 3:45 PM, locktok said:

Perhaps Perfection should have waited a couple years (or like 3 or 4) to announce this mod. There's a point where people will just stop caring about this mod as i have. I will still download it when the release is here, however i am not following as i used to as the constant disappointment of one of my (previously) most watched mods was not taken as seriously as it should have been. Anyways i digress, hope everyone is enjoying themselves. 

Your statement is redundant. Obviously people aren't like you and have patience for some thing they want, if you're here to cause drama you can very well leave and let the adults talk? 

• Upvote 2

Adults talk? where i live opinions are free regardless of age, i am however an adult, i take it the same goes for this post? drama? not trying to start any of it. I was simply stating my disappointment for the extended wait as many others have done. yes i care enough about this to post about it, It's a fantastic mod! i understand my statement helped nothing but at this point there isn't much to say that would help anything along would there be? as a previous modder I understand the amount of time it takes to accomplish something with a full time life elsewhere I was simply putting my two cents in. If that isn't allowed here then i'm sorry to say but you are running a really bad forum. C.F.D. I along with the vast amount of other people following this mod would love an update on lights. Sorry for upsetting anyone on here who's going through "that time of the month" with my previous post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 2/28/2016 at 1:36 PM, goog said:

things are picking up again lately so be patient and we'll share the progress,be a donkey and you'll suffer in silence...

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2016 at 2:36 PM, locktok said:

Adults talk? where i live opinions are free regardless of age, i am however an adult, i take it the same goes for this post? drama? not trying to start any of it. I was simply stating my disappointment for the extended wait as many others have done. yes i care enough about this to post about it, It's a fantastic mod! i understand my statement helped nothing but at this point there isn't much to say that would help anything along would there be? as a previous modder I understand the amount of time it takes to accomplish something with a full time life elsewhere I was simply putting my two cents in. If that isn't allowed here then i'm sorry to say but you are running a really bad forum. C.F.D. I along with the vast amount of other people following this mod would love an update on lights. Sorry for upsetting anyone on here who's going through "that time of the month" with my previous post.

The Adults talk comment IMO was pretty cheap, but I digress on that point.  I would not have approved your post if you were not allowed to express your opinion... That being said, things are not permitted to degrade into ** contests.. When you express your opinion, do not be surprised if others with opposing opinions state theirs as well.  Part of the right of being able to express your opinion is that you have to deal with others expressing theirs as well.  The key thing for my part of it is that everyone manages to do it in a civil manner.  Should that not happen is when we have to step in, frankly I have far better things to do so when I have to step in I tend to get cranky.

As to my two cents on the thing, if people were less inclined to complain about things not moving at a pace which they wish it to and instead offer assistance at least there would be a ground to stand on.  To my view, to complain that I am not moving at a satisfactory pace to someone else's desires, thus making them disappointed weighs very little on me, given that I can think of many other things I can do with my time.  Compare that to someone coming in and saying "you guys have been going at this for a while, perhaps I can offer some help, here's the things I can do and here's some examples, perhaps I can lend a hand and help it along?"  The latter would tend to make me more inspired, the former, well that's kind of a given.

Play nice everyone and please keep it civil.  Belittling and berating one another just makes me cranky.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MikeyPI said:

The Adults talk comment IMO was pretty cheap, but I digress on that point.  I would not have approved your post if you were not allowed to express your opinion... That being said, things are not permitted to degrade into ** contests.. When you express your opinion, do not be surprised if others with opposing opinions state theirs as well.  Part of the right of being able to express your opinion is that you have to deal with others expressing theirs as well.  The key thing for my part of it is that everyone manages to do it in a civil manner.  Should that not happen is when we have to step in, frankly I have far better things to do so when I have to step in I tend to get cranky.

As to my two cents on the thing, if people were less inclined to complain about things not moving at a pace which they wish it to and instead offer assistance at least there would be a ground to stand on.  To my view, to complain that I am not moving at a satisfactory pace to someone else's desires, thus making them disappointed weighs very little on me, given that I can think of many other things I can do with my time.  Compare that to someone coming in and saying "you guys have been going at this for a while, perhaps I can offer some help, here's the things I can do and here's some examples, perhaps I can lend a hand and help it along?  The latter would tend to make me more inspired, the former, well that's kind of a given.

Play nice everyone and please keep it civil.  Belittling and berating one another just makes me cranky.

Agree 100% 

The light video will need to wait for a few more days. Goog is working on the engines right now, it is vastly improved with better chrome coloring, HQ textures of the parts around the apparatus, along with a 3d Whelen Freedom Ultra model, new HID lights, and many more. This kind of changes will also be in effect for the rest of the firefighting fleet such as the specialized apparatuses like Heavy Rescue, Hazmat, etc. This enables everyone of us to enjoy the beauty of the engineering and design the Smeal/Spartan chassis offers up close in the game when parked stationary. We want to make sure it looks good in your gameplay videos  Details counts ! No more distorted low quality textures.

For now, we'll show you the differences in the new freedom models :

tlBJ9o6.png

4LrOY4P.jpg

Also, we might introduce a new form of apparatus in the mod, but it is not official yet, we're considering the new Surrey Fire Service Tanker.

NEW-2015SurreyPumperTankers-3.jpg?144335

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FInn Rescue 12 said:

looks good I wounder why the department went with thin   Whelen Freedom Ultra model.  Well from a lighters point a view It is much easier to light that bar then other.  They both look good lol!

Hey Finn,Surrey Fire Service has actually gone with the Federal Signal Navigator Lightbar for all it's new apparatus.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FInn Rescue 12 said:

Yes easier on the eyes and it gives off a lot of elimination  360 hole area surrounded.  That is not going to be easy lighting that good luck. 

Yes I agree,I think we'll just go with the Freedoms with multiple patterns.

Most lighting systems have turned into UFO light rigs with as many lights as humanly possible crammed into as small a platform as possible.  Why I cannot say as most new systems don't really increase "warning power" for the units anymore given that most light platforms for at least a decade have done a decent job of lighting 360Deg.  I guess people just want more variety to play with in lighting patterns to differentiate themselves from other agencies.. For LEO vehicles it does in theory make it more difficult to "spoof" your configurations, but at a much higher cost per vehicle.  Scaling the size down the bars I get, as they do affect aerodynamics of the vehicle, when you can hear the wind buffeting the things at hwy speeds it does make you recognize it's affecting fuel economy.  The insane count of lights though I myself find it to just increase the cost with limited positives to it from a practical standpoint.

2 hours ago, FInn Rescue 12 said:

All tho you could do one truck it is challenge, and u guy's like them lol!  

first I would have to make the lightbar but we'll see...

as far as I have seen, the pictures of this mod look amazing.although this mod has taken bit more time than other mods to make a V 1.0 , we should all cut the modders some slack as they probably also have their own lives to deal with. but I really hope you don't stop entirely. keep up the great (and slightly slow) work

Most of these "mods" you speak of are Submods and if that was our goal you would have had this long time ago.We have been working on this in our spare time when time permits,this project is by no means even close to being a priorety in my life.I enjoy working on it when I actually have spare time and for the patient few,you make it worthwhile and rewardable.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, goog said:

Most of these "mods" you speak of are Submods and if that was our goal you would have had this long time ago.We have been working on this in our spare time when time permits,this project is by no means even close to being a priorety in my life.I enjoy working on it when I actually have spare time and for the patient few,you make it worthwhile and rewardable.

Great work goog! Take all the time you need because this mod is looking amazing and i think it will be one of the best mods out for EM4 so keep up the great work and take as long as it takes to make this mod!

12 hours ago, Modzzguy202 said:

Great work goog! Take all the time you need because this mod is looking amazing and i think it will be one of the best mods out for EM4 so keep up the great work and take as long as it takes to make this mod!

Agree

1 hour ago, FInn Rescue 12 said:

Hey Goog are guys going to use the XM700 Lightbar for some of the RCMP units and have you guys had a change to light them?  Just a little curious thanks lol! 

No Finn,the Surrey RCMP doesn't use that lightbar.They use Federal Signal Legends exclusively,so we will do the same.

• Upvote 1