goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

For the mall if there is an entrance would you end up making it an open building like those of the manhattan mod or would you make it a normal em4 building with an enter command? If you were to make it like a typical em4 building with the enter command, would you guys make it so firefighters carrying hoses could enter or does that simply depend on the building size. I know with some buildings firefighters couldn't enter with a hose attached to a hydrant or truck while in others firefighters could walk around with the hoses.

Could more buildings be made that the fire is inside the building as opposed to the whole building on fire? I think that would allow more realistic game play, as all firefighters know its almost impossible to save a building that's on fire without doing entry.

In principle having more open buildings means more detailed models (more polygons) so yes that will put more strain on the GPU/CPU than a fully closed solid building would.. Such is why EM4 original did not have a whole lot of open buildings in it.

I believe that truck that you guys are referring to was used in the G20 riots/protests that happened down in Toronto.  I don't believe, and I could very well be wrong, that E Division has a truck like that in fleet.

I just had a check to see if I could find any sort of information on what E Division has for a fleet but unfortunately wasn't able to find one.  I will do a more in depth search later on tonight as I am on a Fire watch at work today and tomorrow... Yep... Pay cheque is gonna look good.

Just wondering...

Will this EVER be finished? Last time I posted on this topic (or even checked these forums, for that matter) was 2012. (p139 of this topic)

I mean, does it really take 3+ years to make a mod?

Just when you guys look like you're finished... you add MORE. Then MORE. And MORE. MORE. MORE.

Really?

Can't you at least get a v1.0 out, then add MORE in updates?

By the time this is finished, we'll have galactic flying electric-powered police cars and star wars style guns. And I doubt people will still be playing this 10 year old game by then...

feld.jpg

Wow... I guess the admins here don't acknowledge the fact some people want to share their opinion. Instead, they dictate everything that goes on and delete what they don't like.

Well... Stan didn't deleted the post in which you speak your opinion about this mod. He just deleted the stupid discussion that was going on. :)

:closed:

Dude, please don't use that. You're confusing everyone.

Just wondering...

Will this EVER be finished? Last time I posted on this topic (or even checked these forums, for that matter) was 2012. (p139 of this topic)

I mean, does it really take 3+ years to make a mod?

Just when you guys look like you're finished... you add MORE. Then MORE. And MORE. MORE. MORE.

Really?

Can't you at least get a v1.0 out, then add MORE in updates?

By the time this is finished, we'll have galactic flying electric-powered police cars and star wars style guns. And I doubt people will still be playing this 10 year old game by then...

feld.jpg

Don't like how long we're taking ? Go make your own mod. We're not paid to do this, we both have families and a life outside of this. Trust me on this, we're not happy with how long this has taken, but it is for good reasons.

Any more of this crying will actually make us NOT release the mod. So keep it up.