goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Never heard the Tomar siren before, didn't believe the Pacman 'waka waka' someone else mentioned before, but the video proves it exists, hahaha. Someone with an interesting idea for a siren, for sure.

Awesome sirens, the only thing I don't like about them, the ... second set I believe in particular, is that they don't "match", you can tell they're separate audio clips mashed together rather than one fluid series of siren tones, and the Mastercom sounds rather fake (by design, not the audio), but that's inherent, can't change that. So really that's my only complaint, otherwise loving how the project's comin along!

Never heard the Tomar siren before, didn't believe the Pacman 'waka waka' someone else mentioned before, but the video proves it exists, hahaha. Someone with an interesting idea for a siren, for sure.

Awesome sirens, the only thing I don't like about them, the ... second set I believe in particular, is that they don't "match", you can tell they're separate audio clips mashed together rather than one fluid series of siren tones, and the Mastercom sounds rather fake (by design, not the audio), but that's inherent, can't change that. So really that's my only complaint, otherwise loving how the project's comin along!

those are just grouped together sound clips to give you an idea of the sirens we will have,our final version will have for example:smart siren,there will be wail,yelp,phaser and horn which will be manual set by you the game player,each setting will stay untill you change it...so you can set wail and drive to your emergency,as you reach an intersection you can push the phaser and so on.

Each brand of siren we included in the video will have this option, not the run together siren you feared in the video.

Sorry, FortErie, no Code 3 V-Con for this one...BUT, we are adding Code 3 Mastercom siren, Federal Signal Smart Siren, EQ2B/Q2B, PA300, Carson Siren, Tomar Supervisor Siren and Whelen Cencom siren. You will be able to play any of the 4 siren tones available on each siren box.

i love the lights so much and does the fire and ems have four different siren options as well? or is it just the police

those are just grouped together sound clips to give you an idea of the sirens we will have,our final version will have for example:smart siren,there will be wail,yelp,phaser and horn which will be manual set by you the game player,each setting will stay untill you change it...so you can set wail and drive to your emergency,as you reach an intersection you can push the phaser and so on.

Each brand of siren we included in the video will have this option, not the run together siren you feared in the video.

Ah, gotcha. Definitely a cool option. And definitely understand the 'rough draft' as it were, an idea is wonderful. The volume levels were a bit different between wails and yelps too, but final product will be more polished, of course! In any case, lookin' awesome, can't wait to play.

One other thing I had on my mind, I nearly had a conniption fit with my patrolling NYPD vehicles in traffic ALWAYS bunging up an intersection trying to cut through traffic and stopping the flow of traffic for miles around, or even see a couple civvy vehicles at a turn light somehow managing to get caught up and freezing together, dunno if that's a bug in the script or what, but it drives me mental having to spend half my time getting traffic to flow properly, hopefully Surrey will perform a bit better XDD Havin trouble with the LA mod, so dunno if it's doing it on that one, can't remember from when I used to play it

One other thing I had on my mind, I nearly had a conniption fit with my patrolling NYPD vehicles in traffic ALWAYS bunging up an intersection trying to cut through traffic and stopping the flow of traffic for miles around, or even see a couple civvy vehicles at a turn light somehow managing to get caught up and freezing together, dunno if that's a bug in the script or what, but it drives me mental having to spend half my time getting traffic to flow properly, hopefully Surrey will perform a bit better XDD Havin trouble with the LA mod, so dunno if it's doing it on that one, can't remember from when I used to play it

It happens in the LA mod too, the patrol feature is the same in both mods. I'm not a scripter but I'm guessing there is a reason (not out of choice) why Hoppah didn't make it so patrolling vehicles act as civilian vehicles and stop at stoplights. That's one of the downsides of setting your units to patrol and if you choose to do so you need to keep an eye out for them so if a jam up does happen you can catch it early. For example even after a considerate amount of editing to the Woods Map I play on I still have traffic troubles so I choose to park PD units around the city so they don't have to get stuck patrolling. The only way to really deal with the traffic problems is constant testing and minor fixes. Its kind of a pain to constantly be changing between game and editor all while still trying to keep the traffic looking realistic (I can fix all your traffic troubles for any map in a couple minutes but there's only gonna be 5 civilian cars on the map :loldev:)

Making patrolling vehicles stop at lights might be something the Red Watch team should look into as it would definitely make the lives of the mod players a lot easier so they can focus on their tasks, not traffic.

It happens in the LA mod too, the patrol feature is the same in both mods. I'm not a scripter but I'm guessing there is a reason (not out of choice) why Hoppah didn't make it so patrolling vehicles act as civilian vehicles and stop at stoplights. That's one of the downsides of setting your units to patrol and if you choose to do so you need to keep an eye out for them so if a jam up does happen you can catch it early. For example even after a considerate amount of editing to the Woods Map I play on I still have traffic troubles so I choose to park PD units around the city so they don't have to get stuck patrolling. The only way to really deal with the traffic problems is constant testing and minor fixes. Its kind of a pain to constantly be changing between game and editor all while still trying to keep the traffic looking realistic (I can fix all your traffic troubles for any map in a couple minutes but there's only gonna be 5 civilian cars on the map :loldev:)

Making patrolling vehicles stop at lights might be something the Red Watch team should look into as it would definitely make the lives of the mod players a lot easier so they can focus on their tasks, not traffic.

What I did was I made the civil-traited police cars added to specific paths, because they'll stop at traffic lights... Then, with the commandable units, I park them in a dark-ish spot or somethin... obviously using the stand-by script to make them available. I just kinda think of the moving police cars that I can't command as units from another division/precinct...

Sort of off topic a little bit, but since it is winter and it ussualy snows in surrey, is there anyway to toggle snow off and on within the map? because it looks absolutely stunning when you see a fire truck roaring down a snowy highway going code 3, the snow defines and illuminates the lighting espicaly at night time.

If not then it would be another idea to intergrate into the map :P

Sort of off topic a little bit, but since it is winter and it ussualy snows in surrey, is there anyway to toggle snow off and on within the map? because it looks absolutely stunning when you see a fire truck roaring down a snowy highway going code 3, the snow defines and illuminates the lighting espicaly at night time.

If not then it would be another idea to intergrate into the map :P

I agree it would look cool,but you know it usually only snows for a week out of the entire winter usually...anything like the snow or rain creates a lot of lag, add to that our higher rez skins and super lights would spell disaster for anyone not running a decent computer.

That's why I mentioned toggling it on and off if thats possible? The people that can run it can toggle snow on, and those that cant run it can toggle snow off.

If it can't be toggled on and off, then you could probaly re-edit the map after the final release of this mod and add snow to the map, then release the map with snow as a serperate download.

P.S: This is just an idea, or as I say "Food For Thought"

I agree it's a cool idea,you can have them off/on as you can do that now with the rain so I don't see why not with the snow...Dyson made his ny submod with a snow theme last x-mas so it has been done already.

I agree it's a cool idea,you can have them off/on as you can do that now with the rain so I don't see why not with the snow...Dyson made his ny submod with a snow theme last x-mas so it has been done already.

I really enjoyed that mod primarly because of the snow, it adds a feeling of epicness I can't describe with words, I really hope you guys can put it in :D

P.S: Picture this, 2 RCMP Vehicles roaring down a snowy side road lights and sirens blazeing going code 3 to a shoot out, snow falling gently in the wind, cant get a better feeling than that.

I really enjoyed that mod primarly because of the snow, it adds a feeling of epicness I can't describe with words, I really hope you guys can put it in :D

P.S: Picture this, 2 RCMP Vehicles roaring down a snowy side road lights and sirens blazeing going code 3 to a shoot out, snow falling gently in the wind, cant get a better feeling than that.

+1

Especially when my whelen strobes intensity lights up the way to the scene realistically. The radiation effect is so real that it emits like real strobes, the radiation painting the ground and near-by cars while going code 3... Can't wait for the highway calls, especially during the night - a snow storm rolls in, with fog, the highway begins to pile up with accidents and all of the services are called in to keep Surrey safe. 9-1-1 pouring in, you guys will be busy on the " street." There's a reason why my lights are like prestige.

Edit: New and improved Whelen Linear Mirror-Beams texture -

post-1780-0-41207900-1320421943.jpg

post-1780-0-88314600-1320424732.jpg