LOLGUY75

NFSHP 3 Cars to emergency 4!

Hey all :P, this is my first mod i uploaded to this site :welcome: , i am planning on reskinning all of the police cars from Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 3 to Emergency 4, i already made the Ford Crown vic of NFSHP 3. I know it is not very realistic but fun to see :popcorn:

I will make here a list on how far i am with making the cars :

NFSHP 3 Ford Crown Victoria - Complete 100%

NFSHP 3 Dodge Charger SRT8 - Complete 100%

Lamborghini (Reventon) Cop car - Reskinning almost done 80%

More cars will be added later

Progress Lamborghini Reventon cop car :

progresslamborghinireve.png

The team:

LOLGUY75 - Reskinning and lights on the cars

Griffy - Modeling, Lights and Adding cars to the game

Update!

I stopped converting becouse its simply to hard for me, Now i am going to reskin the cars. I have worked on the Dodge Charger SRT 8 cop car and i am done :happy:

This is going to be a small mod, becouse the low of cars but i will try to make it the best.

Here is a pic of the finished Dodge Charger SRT 8 :

picdodgechargerfordcrow.png

Here are some pic's of the Ford Crown Victoria :

picfordcrownvicem4.png

pic2fordcrownvicem4.png

Here is a pic of the original car from the game :

0e9b193f-7346-4942-aeab-3d1c7a419661.jpg

e4bce53e-6ce7-4a77-b8ef-8ee8bf951595.jpg

I used the original textures that are made by EA ;)

Credit to EA for creating such a great game :D

I dont know if i am going to upload it but i think i will if hoppah will give me permission ;)

EDIT: Great, i will release it when i get 1 or 2 cars done

EDIT:

Thanks for all the comments about this mod i will try to make it the best ;)

So leave a comment about you think about this mod

• Upvote 1

I worked alot of hours to make the skin XD My next car is going to be the dodge charger

EDIT: Dodge charger is not in game it was a mustang :P

Thanks for the good comments :happy:

Looks pretty good, but keep in mind, most modelers aim for less then 5,000 polygons per model to ensure that things run smoothly for everyone. E4 was designed for low polygon models, not high polygon models like NFS3 cars. Also keep in mind, if you plan to release this you need to have permission from the original modelers to re-release thee models. I believe your time would be better spent on civilian cars, and using NFS I models as I believe this is where Hoppahs CV model originated.

Looks pretty good, but keep in mind, most modelers aim for less then 5,000 polygons per model to ensure that things run smoothly for everyone. E4 was designed for low polygon models, not high polygon models like NFS3 cars. Also keep in mind, if you plan to release this you need to have permission from the original modelers to re-release thee models. I believe your time would be better spent on civilian cars, and using NFS I models as I believe this is where Hoppahs CV model originated.

I am looking for a modeler that can convert and low poly the models, Work In Progress :happy:

Brilliant idea from a brilliant game for another brilliant game. I like NFSHP however it does get boring quickly, much prefer NFS most wanted even though its not for the PS3 :( Definitely think you should add the Bugatti or the porshe cayen jeeps. They are soo nice

Those cars are coming :happy:

But first i want to make a start with a easy Nissan versa sl traffic car ;) After that Police and Racer cars are coming :12:

Theres an edit button in the bottom of the post for a reason. ;)

I am looking for a modeler that can convert and low poly the models, Work In Progress :happy:

Good luck, it is very hard to find any one to do much of anything around here. Everyone that can do things is pretty much tied up with multiple projects. It's not really a matter of conversion, it's about merging the polygons. A modeler would tel you it more efficent to just create a model from scratch then it is to spend the time merging polygons. You can always go on the zmod website and forums. I am sure they have a tutorial on merging polygons there.

Theres an edit button in the bottom of the post for a reason. ;)

Good luck, it is very hard to find any one to do much of anything around here. Everyone that can do things is pretty much tied up with multiple projects. It's not really a matter of conversion, it's about merging the polygons. A modeler would tel you it more efficent to just create a model from scratch then it is to spend the time merging polygons. You can always go on the zmod website and forums. I am sure they have a tutorial on merging polygons there.

It's actually fairly easy to merge out the polygons on a model, I do it to mine before I UV map em because sometimes you place needless verts that can be done away with. In Z2 it's hard to find it, but Select>Quadrant (use whichever selection method you want quad is rectangular so it's easy to grab verts) select the vertices on one side of the car, then delete that side of the car, retain the other side of it so that it can be merged down, once it is merged down then you copy the side you didnt delete and mirror it, then flip it's faces and attatch the two halves of the car back together, this step can be skipped, however it'll take twice as long to merge the verts.

Modify>Submesh>Weld action, enable selected mode and ensure you are in vertice editing mode on the model, left mouse click the vertices become one and the difference between them is split so that in the end the model actually stays fairly close to it's original shape.

Now for the problem with doing this and why most won't do it... When you merge the vertices of a model you in turn wreck the UV mapping, so it has to be re UV mapped, for most model makers UV mapping is the more annoying aspect than making the model it's self, you have to realign all the crap on the UV again whereever you may have merged things together, some things should survive in tact unless the model is ungodly excessive in polygons. Making a ehh 10k poly car into an EM4 car wouldnt be too difficult, however at 20-30k range it becomes pretty useless, better to build a model on top the high poly one.

There is Dodge Charger in game, with similar skin like Ford Crown Victoria

click

Thank you very much, i will start reskinning after i look if the car from Emergency 4 is the one in NFSHP3 ;)

It's actually fairly easy to merge out the polygons on a model, I do it to mine before I UV map em because sometimes you place needless verts that can be done away with. In Z2 it's hard to find it, but Select>Quadrant (use whichever selection method you want quad is rectangular so it's easy to grab verts) select the vertices on one side of the car, then delete that side of the car, retain the other side of it so that it can be merged down, once it is merged down then you copy the side you didnt delete and mirror it, then flip it's faces and attatch the two halves of the car back together, this step can be skipped, however it'll take twice as long to merge the verts.

Modify>Submesh>Weld action, enable selected mode and ensure you are in vertice editing mode on the model, left mouse click the vertices become one and the difference between them is split so that in the end the model actually stays fairly close to it's original shape.

Now for the problem with doing this and why most won't do it... When you merge the vertices of a model you in turn wreck the UV mapping, so it has to be re UV mapped, for most model makers UV mapping is the more annoying aspect than making the model it's self, you have to realign all the crap on the UV again whereever you may have merged things together, some things should survive in tact unless the model is ungodly excessive in polygons. Making a ehh 10k poly car into an EM4 car wouldnt be too difficult, however at 20-30k range it becomes pretty useless, better to build a model on top the high poly one.

Thanks for the information, Maybe i will try to low poly them but i did not have any problems in game with the nissan traffic car :happy: . I will see what i do.

Thanks ;)

Don't mix Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) with Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit(1998).

Nfs 3 hp is the best nfs, and also the first need for speed I bought. Best game i ever played! It was released in about 1998.

Nfs hp is the latest nfs. And probably has the best graphic of all of the games in the nfs series.

You guys have been talking about Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit (1998). But the pics are Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (the one released 2010).

I have both of these games, and i think that Ea-Games/Electronic Arts were stupid when they released a game with the same name. 12 years after the "real" Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit (1998)(or with III instead of 3)

nfs3hp.jpg

nfs3_790screen003.jpg

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)

need-for-speed-hot-pursuit-xbox-360.jpg

NFS-HP-Screens_08-12-10.jpg

Edit: I added different colors so that my post doesn't get too messy. And, well, it is still very messy. :)

Edit2: Now I maybe understand a reason for why you call it nfs hp3, it's the third hp. But it's the 16th need for speed. And i might have messed with nfs hp3 and nfs3 hp.However, if you meant nfs hp (2010) by saying nfs hp3, you guys are the first i notice that calls nfs hp (2010) like that. And since I believed that you meant nfs3 hp probably some other people might think so to. :D

But the official name for nfs hp (2010) is: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Hoppah is done modding, so his permission is no longer required. Just FYI.

Realy? Thats great :happy: ,

i will release when i get 1 or 2 cars done :12:.

Thanks for telling me

Are you gonna reskin the Charger too? Just wondering. And I really like your CV, I think PCs look better without all of their city and their DARE tags all over them.

Again :happy: , i am going to convert the car models from NFSHP3 (2010) to Emergency 4.

The Crown Vic reskin was a test on how it looks in the game ;)

Again :happy: , i am going to convert the car models from NFSHP3 (2010) to Emergency 4.

The Crown Vic reskin was a test on how it looks in the game ;)

It would be really nice if you could send me both side views of that car. :smoke:

Could you please PM those pics?

It would be really nice if you could send me both side views of that car. :smoke:

Could you please PM those pics?

I will PM you about it ;)

PS: I am working on the mod after a break :happy: ,

i will try to get some cars done :gut: