YSB

Xplorer4x4 mod with YSB changes (Available)

YSB-good job on your improvements.I,on the other hand,love what you did to the big ambulance and suggest you leave it as is.It takes away the necessity of having 3 different vehicles at an accident....

Thanks!

Not all rescues look like that. Case and point, the rescue from my VFD

But it's your submod. Not trying to start anything, just saying.

Point taken that the body type doesn't prove anything. As I said in my first post though my main priority is functionality in gameplay and to that end I find Rescue 7 to be very useful as is so I think I'm going to leave it that way. Sorry.

re: charging a fee for dispatching units from the station.

Please do this!

I think I will in the next version. I'm working now on making FS1 a bit more efficient. I also tried again to make the accident with the car in the water work and to make the gas explosion on the ship work. So far I haven't gotten either mission so I don't know if I succeeded yet or not.

Beyond that I don't know if there's too much more to change in this sub-submod I still want to fix up the dispatch of light squads so they shouldn't be limited to the truck in the station. Maybe I'll try to get that into the next update as well. Look out for version 1.4 some time in the near future.

Xplorer, let me see how long it takes me to get the latest fixes into the unchanged edition and I'll try to post it here as one patch. If I see I don't have time to do the latest fixes then I'll post the files I already sent you and post a second patch later.

Enjoy!

Thanks!

Point taken that the body type doesn't prove anything. As I said in my first post though my main priority is functionality in gameplay and to that end I find Rescue 7 to be very useful as is so I think I'm going to leave it that way. Sorry.

re: charging a fee for dispatching units from the station.

I think I will in the next version. I'm working now on making FS1 a bit more efficient. I also tried again to make the accident with the car in the water work and to make the gas explosion on the ship work. So far I haven't gotten either mission so I don't know if I succeeded yet or not.

Beyond that I don't know if there's too much more to change in this sub-submod I still want to fix up the dispatch of light squads so they shouldn't be limited to the truck in the station. Maybe I'll try to get that into the next update as well. Look out for version 1.4 some time in the near future.

Xplorer, let me see how long it takes me to get the latest fixes into the unchanged edition and I'll try to post it here as one patch. If I see I don't have time to do the latest fixes then I'll post the files I already sent you and post a second patch later.

Enjoy!

The only thing that I would ask for in the future is an installer. That would allow us "computer challenged" guys to enjoy the mod as well.

I would also like to see more interchangeable units at the stations. For instance, maybe having 4 ALS engines at station one. Or two tower ladders on the map instead of a tiller and a tower, or whatever. I don't like the Engine that's at station 2 from the 4x4 mod. I would put a regular ALS engine in that spot, and have a foam tender out back. Most of you guys can go in and change folders to set this up. I can't. Lord knows I have tried. It would be great to just be able to easily change out one unit for another. Send one to HQ, and put another similarly sized unit in its place. Other than that, I love the new units, the lights, etc. It's really a lot of fun.

The only thing that I would ask for in the future is an installer. That would allow us "computer challenged" guys to enjoy the mod as well.

I would also like to see more interchangeable units at the stations. For instance, maybe having 4 ALS engines at station one. Or two tower ladders on the map instead of a tiller and a tower, or whatever. I don't like the Engine that's at station 2 from the 4x4 mod. I would put a regular ALS engine in that spot, and have a foam tender out back. Most of you guys can go in and change folders to set this up. I can't. Lord knows I have tried. It would be great to just be able to easily change out one unit for another. Send one to HQ, and put another similarly sized unit in its place. Other than that, I love the new units, the lights, etc. It's really a lot of fun.

Installers are not so easy to put together in a case like this and carry some risk if someone changed the names of certain folders. Most people out there either know how to copy/paste or know someone else who does who can help them. Unfortunately an installer for such a submod is not likely to happen any time soon.

Interchangeable units as you would like them are very hard to create. There is a lot of programming involved in making the logic of which truck goes to which space when returned to the station and where to look for a truck when dispatched, which gates to open at the station etc. In some cases it's not that hard IF there is only one possible space for a vehicle to go. Once you start with multiple possible places for the same truck it starts getting sticky. Especially if there are two possible driveways at the same station like you would have if you put all ALS engines at FS1. These things are NOT simply done by swapping some folders. It probably took me well over an hour or more to put the Foam Tender behind FS2 and get it to park properly. Changing units around in some cases can be a fairly quick find/replace in the scripts for one truck in one space but it could take hours to code and debug the scripts needed to make interchangeable units.

If there is a particular unit that you want to have available that is not yet on the map let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. No promises though.

You mention the engine in FS2, in my mod that was already replaced with an engine 1 LED. Someone asked me if you could still put an engine 7 at FS2 and I haven't checked into it yet. I may have left enough code behind that an engine 7 will park at FS2 if the space is empty. I'm not sure though.

I'm glad you're enjoying it though. That's what I put it here for.

Keep having fun!

You mention the engine in FS2, in my mod that was already replaced with an engine 1 LED. Someone asked me if you could still put an engine 7 at FS2 and I haven't checked into it yet. I may have left enough code behind that an engine 7 will park at FS2 if the space is empty. I'm not sure though.

I checked into it, you can PARK engine 7 in station 2, but you can't call it from a BN Chief/EMS Supervisor

I checked into it, you can PARK engine 7 in station 2, but you can't call it from a BN Chief/EMS Supervisor

That makes sense but if you call for a tower light squad I think it would in fact dispatch the Engine 7. Again, personally I never use engine 7 so I haven't tried it.

the port police car on the far left is still messed up xD

I didn't know there was a problem there. I guess I never use more than 1 PP car. I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

I was reading over the first post, 2 things:

Re-enabled the LRA (Rescue 7) to transport two patients. (Otherwise it really doesn't serve a purpose.)

Not true. ;) It served its purposive as a rescue truck as it had extrication tools. It also had jump pad for rescue missions. It actually had all available fire equipment on board so it could also be used to transport additional units to a fire. Just saying :P

And for installing, I dont argue your point about copying and pasting one bit lol, but if you like, you could link to my post about how to install patches. Since this install in the same way as a patch would, might help people understand how to install.

Keep up the good work. Seems you managed to find alot of bugs we missed in beta testing and in the released versions.

how do u copy and paste over a file i copied and pasted it into the file how do i do this

Right click on the file than select copy than take that file to the other file and than right click and than select past.

Do not high light the file you are pasting to. :gruebel:

Right click on the file than select copy than take that file to the other file and than right click and than select past.

Do not high light the file you are pasting to. :gruebel:

i did i copied ysb version right clicked on 4x4 folder and hit paste when i enter the folder i see the ysb folder in the 4x4 folder is this correct